Salt Lake Community College Interview Questions

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Salt Lake Community College

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salt Lake Community College (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Very formal and structured interview with five people around a giant conference table with me at the head. Interviewers couldn't deviate from a script of pre-determined questions and I wasn't allowed to ask for clarification. Points were given for ability to answer questions satisfactorily. I would call it an interrogation more than an interview. Interviewers had bland, disinterested expressions and monotone voices. I was terrified by the process. I also had to take a computer skills test with no clarification provided. Anyone but an unfeeling automaton would be ruled out of the competition.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected, in fact it was very predictable. "How do you stay organized?" "How do you handle conflict?" In a way, these are very difficult questions because they are so lame. Was told that this is the way HR wants interviews to go so that everyone has an equal chance at the job.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Salt Lake Community College.

Interview

In-person interview first with committee (5 people), then second interview with hiring manager. Spiel from an affirmative action rep before you go in, then each person takes turns asking you a question. Modeled after job description, committee often takes notes while you talk. Given questions in front of me at table on a piece of paper. They ask you if you have any questions, and then just say "thank you" and return to their note/score sheets and you are expected to pickup your things and leave (very unnerving and unfriendly). Second interview had me do a test on a computer in MS office, very basic things, writing a memo, making a simple table of figures in excel, etc. It did take a while to get a call back and for the whole process to complete. Offer contingent upon background check coming back clean. I know now that not all AA interviews require the test, but if they do they may not tell you beforehand.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they use a form to determine within the stated range where you fit based on education and experience

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylorsville, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Salt Lake Community College (Taylorsville, UT) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy for this position. Just one interview with one person. The interviewer was very cordial, mature, and could see my skills very clearly. It was a pleasant, easy process.

Interview Questions

• Questions about various skills, handling high volume of calls, students, able to network with other departments.   1 Answer