Saltgrass Steakhouse Interview Questions

Updated Jul 13, 2015

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Saltgrass Steakhouse

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse.

Interview

Question bonus structure in detail. Ask to see it. None unless you are the GM but they will lie and tell you we have one and it is attainable. I interviewed with a GM and a regional. Two interviews, drug, background and credit check. Fairly typical now days.

Negotiation

Typical. Ask for a higher range. They will low ball you if you are promoted from with in.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Dallas, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

I went in an filled in an application and was interviewed that same day. I had two go through another interview with the GM the next day and I was offered the job. The interviews went real smoothly.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Midland, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

It was very laid back and I got hired immediately. I was interviewed by Eric, the general manager, and had to follow up with a week long training. The training was unfortunately inconsistent, however it was easy to get through. Multiple tests are given to ensure the accuracy of menu knowledge and communication skills.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Was called almost immediately (next day) for an interview. Interviewed by two different managers on the same day which was awesome. Was an incredibly easy interview considering the fact that it's a "casual fine dining" restaurant. Training took place over 6 weeks for me because of my schedule but ideally it takes about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, tipped job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Came in and applied. The GM came and talked to me and told me he was busy and told me to come back the next day and he will sit down and talk to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Westminster, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

Interview was really easy. I walked in and filled out an application. Spoke to a hiring manager right away! She was very friendly. I was told to return a couple of days later to meet with GM and other new hires to do paperwork, At that meeting was given a BOOK that was part of the training, which is about 2 weeks long.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions about availability, what you expect to be paid, why you are a good candidate?   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Norman, OK) in June 2011.

Interview

Very easy. Went in person and talked to a manager. Interviewed a week later and was offered a job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated which days I would work

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Humble, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (Humble, TX) in February 2011.

Interview

Usually two interviews, one with a lower level manger and one with the GM. Asked many questions on experience and given a brief level of commitment expected working for Saltgrass. Training was a several week process. Then once you completed training you were ranked every two months to evaluate whether you are able to move up in the ranking which is needed if you want better tables, sections, shifts.

Interview Questions

• If you were willing to conform to their service standards?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Saltgrass Steakhouse (San Antonio, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

The interview process consisted of two individual interviews. My initial meeting was with the AGM of the store. He asked questions pertaining to my previous job. Questions included but were not limited to, what were a few things you liked about your past job, what were some things that functioned well at your previous job etc. the second interview was a one on one with the GM. Similar questions were asked. Some new questions included what does Saltgrass's core value of (insert value here) mean to you. How would you handle a situation such as (insert situation)?

Interview Questions

• The only question I can recall taking a second to think about was, "What do you feel you will bring to our team, to help it become better?" Although it wasn't a very difficult question, it was one I needed to take a second to gather my thoughts before answering. This is a job serving tables, so the questions were not out of the ordinary!   1 Answer

Server Interview

Interview

Submit application. Face to face interview with a manager, where they try to make sure you aren't too much of a criminal.

Negotiation

Start a very lengthy training period with 8 written tests.