Salvation Army

Updated Jan 6, 2015
Updated Jan 6, 2015

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Salvation Army.

There are open interviews weekly, so there are 5-10 people for interviews at a time. The interviews are very simple. They ask about your work experience, as well as your customer service skills. After learning about how you would be an asset to the company, the manager usually explains the company procedures as well as what the Salvation Army as a whole does. All of the employees that I came in contact with were very friendly and laid back. The interview was with a single manager.

Interview Questions
    • None really, the interview was pretty standard and straight forward.   Answer Question

Summer Day Camp Teacher Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Salvation Army.

I learned about the job from my friends who worked there before. I e-mailed the program director my resume. About one week later, I got a reply back. They wanted me to come in for a group interview. After the group interview, we get call back for a 1:1 interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is your experience working with children?
      What skills can you teach the children?

Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online – interviewed at Salvation Army.

This organization should give people a better chance. The lady asked a variety of questions and I was qualified for the position, however she didn't give me a chance to work. What a bad company to work for

Development Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salvation Army.

In response to my application submission, I received an email and phone call inviting me to chat briefly about my interest in the position. After, I was then invited to a face-to-face interview with one senior staff member who was very personable and upbeat. I was called back for a second interview with three senior staff members, but the tone and atmosphere were much more serious. Nevertheless, I succeeded through the second interview and was then offered the position provided that the terms of employment, salary, schedule, etc. were acceptable to me. I was given a few days to think it over before deciding if I wanted to accept or decline the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked if I would be comfortable with sharing my personal story / journey with other employees and strangers if / when the opportunity presented itself. Salvation Army is in a position where they encounter people from all walks of life, and likes these stories to be told to inspire others.   View Answer
    I was given a few days to think it over before deciding if I wanted to accept or decline the position. I could negotiate on some of the terms of the contract, which I did, until we came to an acceptable agreement for both parties.

Front Desk Attendant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salvation Army.

Dropped off resume in person. Four days later recieved a call for an interview. Two people interviewed me together. Common sense customer service questions. About a week later I was offered a position at the front desk.

Youth Director Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Salvation Army.

They call you in for an interview (always with 2 managers). Once they decide whether they like you or not, it goes to the board for approval and then to DHQ. If both approve you're called to start the paperwork.

No negotiation. they pretty much have your salary set in their budget.

Administrative Assistant to Administrators Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Salvation Army.

Filled out application, got an interview appointment the next week. Interviewed with the Medical Director and got an offer. It took several weeks to actually get in. They have an extensive background check and there are levels of management to go through before your hired. I had to go to the headquarters for orientation which was in another city.

Interview Questions
    There really was no negotiation.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Salvation Army.

The hiring Manager at the Store was friendly and prompt. The interview process consisted of two interviews with each manager. The interview was very laid back and pleasant.

No Negotiation

Stock Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Salvation Army.

When I went in for a inter view I was hired on the spot. But I was still in school and they needed me during the day so I couldn't work. I was able to work around it and got a second interview where I also was hired on the spot. I was actually hired for clothing stock. From there I went to back room stock, then stock supervisor. The managers where some what ok, but they could of been ALOT nicer, but im glad they gave me an opportunity to work for them it was fun while I was there.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult or unexpected question was if I wanted to be the stock supervisor and be full time with a raise.   View Answer

Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warren, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Salvation Army in February 2014.

I went in for one interview got hired on the spot. she told me that i'll be going for orientation and my drug test the following week and went I finish that call her for my schedule. the only thing she ask me was why did i leave my previous jobs.

She told me the job start off at 7.40 with 19 hours and with time i'll move to full time in no time.