Sam Ash Music

Updated Dec 5, 2014

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo Grove, IL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam Ash Music.

Picked up paper application and dropped off same day. Received a call back in less than 1 week for an interview. Received job offer a few days after interview. Interview was sitting in a back room with the sales manager for about 20 minutes while he asks questions. Nothing hard or unexpected.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with music, have you done any sales before, etc... basic stuff.   Answer Question
    Be aware, you will make hourly minimum wage and have to earn your bi-weekly minimum wage in commission before it starts to build up your paycheck. That means you have to earn your whole paycheck in commission before you see any extra. Very hard to do unless you work in the sheetmusic/band instruments side of the store

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sam Ash Music in October 2014.

- Called
    - Invited for interview with studio manager
    - invited for meeting and interview with store manager
    -Discussion, no real "questions".
    - It was more me interviewing them. It does not pay much and they need good very qualified reputable instructors so the ball is pretty much in your court. However, the corporate policy regarding pay and so forth is what it is.Not nearly what a professional stand alone music school would pay.

easy no issues

Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam Ash Music in July 2014.

The process was a game of phone tag, and finally I was pulled in their office for interrogation. The interview was a combination of company policies by the sales manager, and the GM quizzing me on my knowledge of pro audio. They didn't seem to care that I knew a little about each department (even though this meant I could cover for sick employees,) they wanted someone who devoted their life to one single department.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in King of Prussia, PA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Sam Ash Music in March 2014.

It took a long time to finally set-up an interview with management. After several emails and phone calls, it was set. After I was told I was hired, it took another 3 weeks to set-up a start date with them. Then another 2 weeks to get started. Not a very streamlined process.

n/a

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sam Ash Music.

The interview process isn't any different than any other company. Fill out the application, wait for their call, and two or three of the managers ask you the standard questions and see how you answer. Nothing special.

Interview Questions
    • Do we repair on premises or do we outright replace?   View Answer
    Was not. It's a negotiation. It's an entry level job.

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sam Ash Music in December 2011.

After trouble shooting the assistant manager's personal keyboard, I thought "I could work here" and applied in person. The "process" took several weeks. I eventually interviewed with the general manager and sales manager. Over the weeks the "position" changed requirements, leading me to believe it wasn't real a real opening.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Station, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntington Station, NY

interviewed at Sam Ash Music in February 2010.

Sat with both store managers, discussed goals and long term objectives. He informed me about the history of the company and what my responsibilities would be. We also spoke about possible advancements. Tested my people skills with some pretty basic questions. All in All a pretty relaxed interview, ended up getting the job on the spot. Both my managers ended up being great, great people that Ill never forget

Interview Questions
    • how to deal with an unsatisfied customer.   View Answer

Sam Ash Guitar Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Sam Ash Music in August 2009.

long and drawn out

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Take it or leave it

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sam Ash Music.

Basic job interview, must have musical experience

Interview Questions
    Salary is minimum wage + commission

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam Ash Music in May 2011.

I filled out the application in person but was not called for an interview until two months later. The interview was very relaxed and informal. The manager was very easy to talk to, we had more of a conversation discussion my qualifications rather than hard questions. I strongly got the impression this was a place that truly cared about their customers rather than just making a sale. But it is a sales job, none the less - sales associates who plan on making a reasonable check will work for 100% commission. However the company's sales approach and policies promote relationship building, and I felt that this type of one on one interview gives your manager a good impression of how you can deal with customers. They will also ask you about your product knowledge, which is essential for your success at this company.