Sam's Club Assistant Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

13 interviews

2.9

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in November 2010.

If there is a spot open, they open up a thing called an MIT. If you are lucky enough, they call you in for a first interview, if they like you, you get a second and then third interview. Though, recently I heard they changed it into a panel interview process now.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you had difficulty completing a project or task, what did you do?   Answer Question
No negotiations, pay is as is... it is a merit system.

Other Interview Reviews for Sam's Club

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sioux Falls, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2011.

Interview was for Manager in Training position. Interview process was relaxed and fairly easy. First standard phone screen, second met with District HR manager, and last met with the General Manager. The hiring process took longer.

No negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Recruiter called set up interview time. Interviewed with recruiter then a store manager. Typical questions not hard. They set me up for training which was pretty mucu a joke as no one took time to really teach you anything.

None

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Submitted online and interviewed within a week

none

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Relatively simple. STAR type questions. They don't care about your answers per say, just your ability to answer. Drug Tested after initial offer. Background checks are slow. They do not care about your credit. Be honest on your application, as I am sure some of you are wondering.

Interview Questions
    • STAR questions are challenging. Interviews are a numbers game. Apply over and over at many locations before you get a call. Don't give up.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bentonville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2011.

Internal hiring transferred from WalMart

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were given a very difficult project with a very short deadline   View Answer
    None. Here is the opportunity and pay.

Assistant Manager Interview

It was pretty easy. Asked all situational questions. They are expecting you to answer with the star model. Be prepared to get hired if you nail the first two interviews. Remember this is retail management no matter what position you are hired for.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the questions, just that they were situation based.   Answer Question
    There isn't a negotiation phase. you start at the base. There is a regional pay adjustment if you work in a metro area.

Anonymous Employee  in  New Berlin, WI
    Anonymous Employee in New Berlin, WI

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in January 2013.

I apply threw indeed which sent a link to there web page. Got a call from HR Manager It was out of state for the job but I live about 40mins from the training store illinois/wisconsin border. I was asked to meet at a hotel as they were doing plenty of interviews. I met with HR Manager and District Manager. When I went in for the interview they asked me to tell them a little about myself. After I told them a little about myself they asked 6 behavioral type questions, alternating between the two of them. After that I got to ask some questions. It seem very short maybe about 30mins long for the interview when I just spent hour trip to get there. I felt like they were only looking for certain people even with my 8 years experience in retail management maybe I was overqualified. They did tell me the starting pay right off the bat which would be $43,000 which wasn't to bad to start. Just hard to get a job when they do 40 interviews for one spot that's ridiculous. Did not get any feed back after the interview but I sew the same job post few weeks later in my state Illinois so I applied again and got an Email day later saying I would not be considered.

Interview Questions
    • The 6 behavioral type questions were easy and hard. Few were easy to explain right off the bat as well there were few that needed more time to explain. The District Manager had kind of hard time reading her questions so at times didn't make sense to me but I did my best she was new. Oh great all I have to say!!!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2012.

took a few weeks. went to alot of interviews. first had a phone interview. then a panel interview. then a follow up interview. all situation questions. very easy if you have worked in retail or have been a manager in the past. I had not been a manager but was a leader.

there was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Sam's Club in January 2008.

Ensure you answer all interview answers completely and promptly. listen closely to each question and try not to use the same example for each question.

Interview Questions
    • In regards to policy and procedures. This can be difficult to answer if the applicant who is applying has no work history .   Answer Question
    No negotiation on the pay.

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!