Sam's Club Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.9

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club.

Recruiter called set up interview time. Interviewed with recruiter then a store manager. Typical questions not hard. They set me up for training which was pretty mucu a joke as no one took time to really teach you anything.

None

Other Interview Reviews for Sam's Club

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Submitted online and interviewed within a week

none

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Relatively simple. STAR type questions. They don't care about your answers per say, just your ability to answer. Drug Tested after initial offer. Background checks are slow. They do not care about your credit. Be honest on your application, as I am sure some of you are wondering.

Interview Questions
    • STAR questions are challenging. Interviews are a numbers game. Apply over and over at many locations before you get a call. Don't give up.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

It was pretty easy. Asked all situational questions. They are expecting you to answer with the star model. Be prepared to get hired if you nail the first two interviews. Remember this is retail management no matter what position you are hired for.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the questions, just that they were situation based.   Answer Question
    There isn't a negotiation phase. you start at the base. There is a regional pay adjustment if you work in a metro area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Berlin, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Berlin, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club in January 2013.

I apply threw indeed which sent a link to there web page. Got a call from HR Manager It was out of state for the job but I live about 40mins from the training store illinois/wisconsin border. I was asked to meet at a hotel as they were doing plenty of interviews. I met with HR Manager and District Manager. When I went in for the interview they asked me to tell them a little about myself. After I told them a little about myself they asked 6 behavioral type questions, alternating between the two of them. After that I got to ask some questions. It seem very short maybe about 30mins long for the interview when I just spent hour trip to get there. I felt like they were only looking for certain people even with my 8 years experience in retail management maybe I was overqualified. They did tell me the starting pay right off the bat which would be $43,000 which wasn't to bad to start. Just hard to get a job when they do 40 interviews for one spot that's ridiculous. Did not get any feed back after the interview but I sew the same job post few weeks later in my state Illinois so I applied again and got an Email day later saying I would not be considered.

Interview Questions
    • The 6 behavioral type questions were easy and hard. Few were easy to explain right off the bat as well there were few that needed more time to explain. The District Manager had kind of hard time reading her questions so at times didn't make sense to me but I did my best she was new. Oh great all I have to say!!!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Was called on Thursday to interview on the following Saturday.The interview I thought went well.Lasted about 30 minutes.We were interrupted several times.I never heard back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2012.

took a few weeks. went to alot of interviews. first had a phone interview. then a panel interview. then a follow up interview. all situation questions. very easy if you have worked in retail or have been a manager in the past. I had not been a manager but was a leader.

there was none

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club in January 2012.

The interview was real basic, they also wanted to see a good employment history. The supervisors just wanted to fill the job.. I lost interest after our first meeting.. The About talked about a schedule .. I realized I'm not a fan of the walmart corp.. Their were no difficult questions just the normal routine interview questions.

Low pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in June 2011.

Internal hiring transferred from WalMart

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you were given a very difficult project with a very short deadline   View Answer
    None. Here is the opportunity and pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Sam's Club in May 2011.

Interview was for Manager in Training position. Interview process was relaxed and fairly easy. First standard phone screen, second met with District HR manager, and last met with the General Manager. The hiring process took longer.

No negotiation.