Sam's Club Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I went for two interviews. The first one was pretty standard. It wasn't too difficult. The second one was a bit more intense. The hours and pay were discussed. Then you are asked to go for a mandatory drug screening which has to be done within 24 hours. It is an important step to being hired.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a conflict you had at a previous job?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sam's Club

Cashier Interview

Interview

Short and sweet. They called me over the phone because I did the veteran recruit so they didn't call me in. Then told me to go do a urine test.

Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Rapid City, SD) in July 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward bit felt extremely impersonal. You go to the member desk, give them your interviewers name and they tell the entire store over the radio you're there which, if you have social anxiety like I do, can be pretty embarrassing. Then they make you sit in the food court for about 20 - 30 minutes, a manager comes to get you out of the sea of people. They ask you general questions and hopefully give you a second interview on a later date.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you helped someone, above and beyond, tell us who when how and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviewer took a lot of time doing other things for the club. The interview was very impersonal and in the open area of the cafe. She kept being called away from the interview. It just seemed like they weren't on top of their game today, but the interviewer was very polite.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was told to be there at one, around 2:30 I was finally approached by a tire bay manager. It felt alot was going on, and it seemed more of a inconvience. He didn't seem like he wanted yo be doing a cashier interview. I was told to wait so he could process the results from my interview and another manager would follow up in 30 min. A hour later I was approached and just asked to describe myself as he looked around and didn't seem to want to listen or be doing a interview. I was asked to wait and then a hour later given information to take a drug test and was told they will call back. Unable to tell me what the hours would be or any specific information.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was difficult. How did you handle it and would you do anything different.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pineville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Pineville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I called and gotten in for a interview the next day and went in the next day and gotten interviewed and it was very short asked maybe 3 questions and told me she would look over it again. But she had a attitude the whole time.. Then she said she will look over the application and give me a call back for a second interview after she interview other people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fullerton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Fullerton, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

One interview is done with a supervisor, then if you do well you move onto the manager. The person records if your answers are done well, but does not write exactly what you say. Not a whole lot of pressure really. If that goes well you get called in for another date to meet with a higher manager where you'll have to do a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Bloomington, IN) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview was supposed to include three interviews with different people, but I only had two of them. It was a strange situation. I sat in the food court among all the customers, and that was a little uncomfortable. The interview questions were pretty basic following the STAR format. Explain a time when you dealt with a difficult customer or explain a time when you had to convince someone of something.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Eau Claire, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

first interview was about 25 minutes and second interview ( could be on the same day ) was about 30 minutes. took about a week to hear back about job offer

Interview Questions

• name a time where you did something wrong and what did you do to fix it and how did you feel after fixing it   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 interviews, first the supervisor, 2nd manager, 3rd store manager. Typical scenario/situational questions. All interviews completed in same day. Saw other applicants that had to wait over an hour to get interviewed, luckily I only had to wait about 10 minutes. Anyone should be able to do well in these interviews

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to follow a rule even though you disagreed with it. What did you disagree with about the rule? Did you follow the rule anyway? Why or Why not?   Answer Question