Sam's Club Cashier Interview Questions & Reviews

2.1

80 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Duluth, MN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duluth, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2012.

Called within two weeks to set up in person interview. Interview lasted an hour with two people interviewing me. At the end of the interview they offered the position if I could pass a background check and drug test, was working (training) less thar two weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • Very common and simple interview questions, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question
No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Sam's Club

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sioux City, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2010.

Filled out application on samsclub.com Got interview with hourly team lead then second interview with manager. Be prepared for drug test and background check. Background check can take a while to get back depending on the county if you have any charges.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to complete many tasks at one time, how did you determine what to work on first.   View Answer
    Can not negotiate hrly rate but can negotiate schedule.

Cashier Interview

did a computer test, must have pass since i received a call and was scheduled for a face to face interview had behavioral questions and then the second part they ask you about your preferred pay and advise you on how much this position normally pays and ask if you are comfortable with the pay, afterwards they advise they will get in touch for a final interview where you meet the store manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I interviewed online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2010.

Long process from the initial contact to the interview to getting on the schedule. Training on the computers takes too long and is really drawn out especially when you get on the floor and realize everything is basically different. Ridiculously long application, done by computer, in the store.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a member is dissatisfied with the services, products, or personalities of a sales associate?   View Answer
    It was like "we pay $9 an hour." It was my second job and i was promised 20-25 hours a week. Sometimes i got 10, sometimes i got 30.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cheektowaga, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2014.

I applied online and a few weeks later i received a call later to come in for an interview the next day. We did the interview in the cafe area which wasn't bad cause it wasn't busy. The lady was very friendly and only ask me 3 questions. I only remembered 1 question, "Tell me about a time when a customer was upset. What did you do and what was the outcome?" And everything else was just asking about my availability, if I was in school, etc. After that she said that I was about to start the second interview right then and there. The next lady comes over and told me about selling and asked if I was comfortable with it. I said yes and she just. went over my application like the lady before and verifying and asked "Why do I want to work there?". After that she said that I then needed to do the background and drug test. I did that the same day and the next day I got a call to come in the next week for the job offer. When I came back for that, again the person at the customer service desk said for me to wait in the cafe area. It was me and one other person. we waited for about 25 min and the other guy went to the desk and they said to wait over by the pharmacy. REALLY?!?! So we went over there and waited another 10 min before she finally called me over to meet the manager. He asked me "Why Sam's Club?" and told me to read the job description on the computer and put that I am capable of doing the job. Took like 2 min after waiting over 30 min. The other lady then scheduled me for orientation but I'm not gonna go because it was really unprofessional and rubbed me the wrong way....

Interview Questions
    There was none. Didn't even bring up pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2014.

I submitted my application online. About a month later I was called in for an interview. That same day I had 2 interviews back to back which took about 7 minutes each composing of "Tell me a time when..." questions. After finishing the second interview, I was informed I would be called the next day for an interview with the Club Manager as he was not present at the time. The following day I was called in for a same day interview. At this interview, I was mostly informed of what the position required such as membership renewals and upgrades, safety, dependability, etc. I was then given my background and drug test paperwork to sign and told my starting pay.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to identify a customer's/coworker's/team member's using procedural policies, how you used those policies to solve the problem, and the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you and a customer/coworker/team member disagreed and how you came to an agreement.   Answer Question
    I was offered $9.40 with no employment experience. It was well over what I asked so no negations took place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in March 2012.

After an online application I received a phone call for an interview. The interview took place during normal visiting hours in an office that was private and comfortable. An interview with a COS was conducted, then another with the manager for the department I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • I was questioned about my feelings about sales, in particular selling memberships. I did not expect the job to be anything more than a cashier.   View Answer
    This was an easy process. They knew I was a student and needed flexible hours, which they were fine with. As far as pay, they have a starting pay for this position (above minimum wage) and add to it for each year of experience you have as a cashier. I thought this was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evans, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evans, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2013.

Initial interview- Second Interview- Job Offer

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about a time when you had a difficult situation with an employee and how you resolved it?
      2. Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to help out a customer?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mankato, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mankato, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2014.

Very simple process. I was interviewed the first time by an employee who would potentially supervise me if I got the job. All she did was ask around ten scenario-type questions and then we were through. took about 10 minutes. Was called in for a second interview to go over what the job entailed and sign paperwork. We were finished quickly after that. Called in for a third interview and was told the pay I would receive and asked to complete a drug test before they would offer the position. They were very hasty about my coming in for each interview. I was called in for my first interview the day of my application and went in, was asked to come in the following day (I was busy and went in a day later), then was asked to come in the third time the day afterward. It's nice if you don't like to wait.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you needed to gather information from someone before solving their problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ocala, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocala, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2012.

When I contacted by Sam's Club, they called me over the phone and we set up an interview date. Once there for the initial interview. When the day of the initial interview came, I went up the stairs to the far left of the building, just beyond the cafe. There I sat and waited to be called by name. I was then led into a small room and the far end of the 2nd floor breakroom, where I met with two managers that asked me questions. They called to arrange the second interview not long after that and we went through paperwork that would allow them to test for drugs, and check my background, and shortly thereafter I was working at Sam's club.

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to sell them a pen. They give you a little while to put together your pitch.   Answer Question

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!