Sam's Club Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Sep 3, 2014

2.1

83 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

I had 2 interviews one with front end manager, and cos. they asked the typical questions. some questions were worded like the assessment test on the application. the interview can be a little confusing the way the word some to the questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Sam's Club

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2014.

The interview was relatively straight forward. Am assessment was given online after submitting an application, asking what would you do and what means the most to you questions. It is a huge plus to have a referral from someone who works their on your application, as those are apparently what they the most attention for.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just knowing what to do in a team oriented customer service surrounding.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. $9.40 an hour.

Cashier Interview

did a computer test, must have pass since i received a call and was scheduled for a face to face interview had behavioral questions and then the second part they ask you about your preferred pay and advise you on how much this position normally pays and ask if you are comfortable with the pay, afterwards they advise they will get in touch for a final interview where you meet the store manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fishkill, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishkill, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in July 2014.

I applied online then got a phone call a few weeks later to setup a interview and so I did and went to my interview and my interview was with one of the managers right in the middle of the store

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current job   View Answer

I already had gotten a job offer with another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cheektowaga, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2014.

I applied online and a few weeks later i received a call later to come in for an interview the next day. We did the interview in the cafe area which wasn't bad cause it wasn't busy. The lady was very friendly and only ask me 3 questions. I only remembered 1 question, "Tell me about a time when a customer was upset. What did you do and what was the outcome?" And everything else was just asking about my availability, if I was in school, etc. After that she said that I was about to start the second interview right then and there. The next lady comes over and told me about selling and asked if I was comfortable with it. I said yes and she just. went over my application like the lady before and verifying and asked "Why do I want to work there?". After that she said that I then needed to do the background and drug test. I did that the same day and the next day I got a call to come in the next week for the job offer. When I came back for that, again the person at the customer service desk said for me to wait in the cafe area. It was me and one other person. we waited for about 25 min and the other guy went to the desk and they said to wait over by the pharmacy. REALLY?!?! So we went over there and waited another 10 min before she finally called me over to meet the manager. He asked me "Why Sam's Club?" and told me to read the job description on the computer and put that I am capable of doing the job. Took like 2 min after waiting over 30 min. The other lady then scheduled me for orientation but I'm not gonna go because it was really unprofessional and rubbed me the wrong way....

Interview Questions
    There was none. Didn't even bring up pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2014.

I submitted my application online. About a month later I was called in for an interview. That same day I had 2 interviews back to back which took about 7 minutes each composing of "Tell me a time when..." questions. After finishing the second interview, I was informed I would be called the next day for an interview with the Club Manager as he was not present at the time. The following day I was called in for a same day interview. At this interview, I was mostly informed of what the position required such as membership renewals and upgrades, safety, dependability, etc. I was then given my background and drug test paperwork to sign and told my starting pay.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to identify a customer's/coworker's/team member's using procedural policies, how you used those policies to solve the problem, and the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you and a customer/coworker/team member disagreed and how you came to an agreement.   Answer Question
    I was offered $9.40 with no employment experience. It was well over what I asked so no negations took place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mankato, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mankato, MN

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2014.

Very simple process. I was interviewed the first time by an employee who would potentially supervise me if I got the job. All she did was ask around ten scenario-type questions and then we were through. took about 10 minutes. Was called in for a second interview to go over what the job entailed and sign paperwork. We were finished quickly after that. Called in for a third interview and was told the pay I would receive and asked to complete a drug test before they would offer the position. They were very hasty about my coming in for each interview. I was called in for my first interview the day of my application and went in, was asked to come in the following day (I was busy and went in a day later), then was asked to come in the third time the day afterward. It's nice if you don't like to wait.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you needed to gather information from someone before solving their problem.   Answer Question

easy and basic questions

easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in March 2014.

They give you 2 Interviews that same day. The questions are very easy. You just have to answer some questions basically about how you deal with life on a daily basis.

Interview Questions
    • I would say the most difficult question would have to be "When was there a time you had a big project to do and what steps did you take to solve it?"   Answer Question
    Just be yourself. They wanna hear that your just being yourself and not pretending to be someone else, or just saying something to get the job.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club.

3 interviews, background check, drug screening, orientation about 3 weeks,

None

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!