Sam's Club

Getting the Interview

71 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ocala, FL

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2012.

Interview Details – When I contacted by Sam's Club, they called me over the phone and we set up an interview date. Once there for the initial interview. When the day of the initial interview came, I went up the stairs to the far left of the building, just beyond the cafe. There I sat and waited to be called by name. I was then led into a small room and the far end of the 2nd floor breakroom, where I met with two managers that asked me questions. They called to arrange the second interview not long after that and we went through paperwork that would allow them to test for drugs, and check my background, and shortly thereafter I was working at Sam's club.

Interview Question – They ask you to sell them a pen. They give you a little while to put together your pitch.   Answer Question

Elgin, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in March 2014.

Interview Details – They give you 2 Interviews that same day. The questions are very easy. You just have to answer some questions basically about how you deal with life on a daily basis.

Interview Question – I would say the most difficult question would have to be "When was there a time you had a big project to do and what steps did you take to solve it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just be yourself. They wanna hear that your just being yourself and not pretending to be someone else, or just saying something to get the job.

Interviewed at Sam's Club

Interview Details – easy and basic questions

Interview Question – why you want to work here   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – easy

Southgate, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in November 2010.

Interview Details – Nice short and cut to the point interview.

Negotiation Details – Wasn't up for negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process for Sam's Club is very long. It takes about 3 weeks total. There are 3 interviews before you get hired, but if you get past the first 2 then you basically have the job. The questions are mostly behavioral questions, so study up on those because there are A LOT of them. At my second AND third interviews, I had to "sell" products and/or memberships to management. Don't get too nervous because they like it if you try, even if you think you can't sell.

The best advice I could give to someone who has an interview there is to BE PREPARED!

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What policies/tools did you use and how did you solve the problem?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. They won't offer you a position unless they like your availability. Your pay is based on a computer system and experience, so you can't negotiate it, but they pay above minimum wage.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details – 3 interviews, background check, drug screening, orientation about 3 weeks,

Interview Question – Normal questions   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None

Anderson, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applying online does require at least a general understanding of a retail environment. Basically, just answer the question in the way that is most opposite of how walmart/sam's club employees typically act. It's always the answer that best serves the customer. Beyond that, they call in for multiple interviews with supervisors and managers and literally read questions from a mandated interview and write down your answers. They ask about work experience and then ask questions in which the answer is always going to be focused on what you can do for the customer and history questions such as how you've dealt with difficult situations at work and difficult customers in the past.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you failed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They pay based off experiences. There is sort of a tally system where everything in that list that you have experience in gets you an extra x number of cents per hour.

Addison, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. The interview went well because it was a behavioral interview. They were just wanting to know me, my experience, and how I would handle certain situations in the future. Be prepared for those behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   View Answer

Murrieta, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in September 2013.

Interview Details – I went through 4 interviews, proceeding up the chain of command until I met with and was hired by the store manager him self. Require to take and pass a drug test to be officially offered the position. 20 hours of paid training are given before being put on the floor.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had difficulty dealing with an issue. Who was involved and how did you solve it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered $1 per hour more than I had asked for, so there wasn't much to negotiate.

Interviewed at Sam's Club

Interview Details – Easy interview. Process took about 2 weeks for me to be hired and to start training.

Interview Question – How would you convince me to buy something from you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sam's Club

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sam's Club Cashier interview questions and advice. All 71 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sam's Club employees and interview candidates.