Sam's Club Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.1

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I went for two interviews. The first one was pretty standard. It wasn't too difficult. The second one was a bit more intense. The hours and pay were discussed. Then you are asked to go for a mandatory drug screening which has to be done within 24 hours. It is an important step to being hired.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a conflict you had at a previous job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sam's Club

Anonymous Employee in Pineville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club (Pineville, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

I called and gotten in for a interview the next day and went in the next day and gotten interviewed and it was very short asked maybe 3 questions and told me she would look over it again. But she had a attitude the whole time.. Then she said she will look over the application and give me a call back for a second interview after she interview other people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was told to be there at one, around 2:30 I was finally approached by a tire bay manager. It felt alot was going on, and it seemed more of a inconvience. He didn't seem like he wanted yo be doing a cashier interview. I was told to wait so he could process the results from my interview and another manager would follow up in 30 min. A hour later I was approached and just asked to describe myself as he looked around and didn't seem to want to listen or be doing a interview. I was asked to wait and then a hour later given information to take a drug test and was told they will call back. Unable to tell me what the hours would be or any specific information.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was difficult. How did you handle it and would you do anything different.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Very simple interview call you set up a day to come in interview takes maybe 20 mins you get interviewed by 2 people and then they call you back when you get the job

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Interview consisted of 3 interviews, first the supervisor, 2nd manager, 3rd store manager. Typical scenario/situational questions. All interviews completed in same day. Saw other applicants that had to wait over an hour to get interviewed, luckily I only had to wait about 10 minutes. Anyone should be able to do well in these interviews

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to follow a rule even though you disagreed with it. What did you disagree with about the rule? Did you follow the rule anyway? Why or Why not?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then I was asked in for an interview the next few days after. I went in for the first interview with a supervisor. Then, I was called in for a second interview with the store manager. I was hired on the spot that day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, SC

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club (Anderson, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

I waited for the manager to come and I talk to her and she told me to come back tomorrow for the 2nd interview. It wasnt a long wait but the person interviewing me was not the mamager that decided the hiring.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Sam's   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted for an interview about 4 days later. Overall the process was short and to the point. The interview consisted of very basic situational and background questions relevant to the department I applied for. I interviewed with three supervisors, but only one really asked me questions. The other supervisors sort of outlined the duties and expectations for the job. I was asked to submit a drug test and background check. The next morning I got an offer and was scheduled for orientation. If you have work experience in retail the entire process is a breeze.

Interview Questions

• Describe a instance where you had a disagreement with a coworker. How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club (Salisbury, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Really easy, there were a total of 3 interviews, which were done on the same day. The first interview was normal behavior questions, the second was the same but towards the end they want you to walk around the store with them while they ask you more questions. The last interview was with the store manager, I went into the office she asked me "so what brings you to Sam's Club today?". After that she really just asked whether I was in school, what I majored in, and she just explained the responsibilities of the job. Then she gave me my drug screening info to go do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you were given a individual task and deadline, how did you go about completing the task by then deadline.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you and a co-worker disagreed on something, how did you handle it and what was the end result?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you were given a request to fill but you were unable to fulfill the request, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when there was a problem at work and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sam's Club (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

In the first interview, you meet with one of the managers & a manager of the cashiers. They ask questions based on scenarios & how you will handle the situation. The second interview was with store manager, where manager gives job offer & I information about drug test & background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable with selling Sams Club credit card while also being a cashier?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation