Sam's Club Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elgin, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in March 2014.

They give you 2 Interviews that same day. The questions are very easy. You just have to answer some questions basically about how you deal with life on a daily basis.

Interview Questions
    • I would say the most difficult question would have to be "When was there a time you had a big project to do and what steps did you take to solve it?"   Answer Question
    Just be yourself. They wanna hear that your just being yourself and not pretending to be someone else, or just saying something to get the job.

Connection Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Streamwood, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

The interviews are really straight forward. "Tell me about a time you blah blah blah" type open-ended questions. No cover letter needed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected here. Like I said, very straight forward. If you speak English, and you are not a total idiot you will get the job.   Answer Question
    This is a strict. structured, retail corporation so there is no negotiation. Your pay will vary though dependent on your experience. So lie if you have to about the years of experience. I doubt they will ever check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hodgkins, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in July 2012.

There are three parts of the interview. First one is the hardest. I doubt that the interview questions are the same for everyone because they were related to my application. Their questions are designed to determine whether or not you have the ability to socialize with people who ask questions that are difficult to answer. the second part of the interview was easy. Another manager asks you questions about how you handled various job situations in the past. The third part is orientation. Orientation includes doing computer based learning (CBL) training. If you get past the first two parts, you're pretty much in.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "what is your favorite movie and why". It was the last question of the first part of my interview and my interviewer was supposed to make it up.   Answer Question

Member Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in April 2012.

I was first interviewing at Sam's Club for a department manager position which pays more and requires more experience. I did not get the job and one of the store's managers liked my resume and set me up on the interview for this position. To me, interview process was very long for this job... it only paid 9.00 per hour... I felt that it should have been a lot easier. There was also a lot of competition for this position. I went to about three interviews total. When I was at the final interview, they ley me know that I was being considered for the job against one other candidate. I was asked a question about analyzing sales goals. They handed me a document with a financial chart on it and asked me to describe what it was. I had a little conversation with the interviewer about it and they said that I was correct. However, the store never contacted me again regarding the job. They did not follow up with me after all of those interviews...

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would manage the Member Services staff while you are out generating leads in the community?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Gurnee, IL

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in September 2010.

the first person interviewed me. then the second the same day. I was interviewed by a third person and then they told me if I pass the drug test and the background check I'd have the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Streamwood, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in July 2010.

I had to make multiple phone calls to inquire about my online application. You should definitely inquire about when they're hiring or not, that will save you a lot of time. My interview process was on two separate days; first day was with a Lead from one of the departments, and the second day was with the Manager in charge of hiring. The questions were rather run-of-the-mill, but did make you think a little bit. It was very non-threatening to say the least. One thing I saw were interview applicants walking in with jeans and what have you for the interview, that is by-far the most unprofessional thing I've ever seen and I strongly suggest you dress to impress (e.g., business casual). The orientation was actually casual so don't come there thinking it's going to be a professionally dressed orientation.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you went out of your way?   View Answer
    N/A

Open Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernon Hills, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in June 2010.

I applied online and did not get a call for like a month. Scheduled my first interview with a team leader, then a second interview with a manager. The third interview was them offering me a job and sending me to drug test. So if you get a third interview, then you are going to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time and place where you had to deal with a difficult customer, and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question
    No negotiations, just what they have to offer.

Baker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in July 2008.

HR will call and make an appointment to see a Team Leader for your first interview. If you do well they will pass you onto a manager and then onto the General Manager for your final interview and a job offer. Waiting for someone to interview you may take an insane amount of time. Then they will ask you to come back later.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you were faced with an irrate customer. How did you handle that situation?   Answer Question
    • What type of manager do you like working for?   Answer Question
    With previous experience you may get an offer of more money. Otherwise they start you out at a set amount.