Sam's Club Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2.1

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Night Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Hiring is done at the kiosk. From there 2 interviews are conducted to see if the person applying is a fit or not. Once inside, if you're liked enough, you can apply for another position and sometimes you're really not even really interviewed for it.

no negotation, set pay plus extra for lead position

Member Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sam's Club in October 2012.

Got a call went and scheduled and appointment. Interview was pretty easy and was offered on the spot,

No negotiation

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sam's Club in August 2012.

I received my call in for an interview about 10 days after I applied on the Sam's Club website.

The interview began with a chief supervisor who asked me several questions regarding my credentials that I had documented in the online app. It was required that I bring my resume with me to the interview (as is usually expected). While she asked me questions she was looking to both my resume and my completed job application.

I was asked about my education status (diploma received, which helps with hiring).
    I was also asked about my experience in sales, which was completely zero (this was okay, since all associates receive extensive training regardless of their prior experience in sales and/or marketing)

I was briefed on safety protocol and asked if I felt that I would be able to uphold the safety requirements of Sam's Club and Wal Mart. Of course, my answer was in the affirmative.

Basically, a lot of the questions that were asked on the job application were asked with different wording during the interview. The only tricky thing about the whole thing was remembering some of the information that the application had described to me that I was questioned about later (however, I do not thing that it would have negatively contributed to my hiring process if I had not remembered it).

After that initial interview with the chief supervisor, I was introduced to the store manager who asked me some further questions to get an idea of my creative strengths and what I might positively contribute to the company.

He asked me: "What would your friends say are some of your strengths?"
    "What do you believe makes you efficient in the workplace?"

and a few other questions that just evaluate how best you can think innovatively "on the spot".

After these questions I was told of the pay rate "$9.89 per hour" and if I would be satisfied with that.
    I said yes, and after they confirmed that I was in fact hired I was told that I was required to be drug tested. As all other requirements prior, this is satisfactory as well. After I received some official paperwork I directed to the facility where I would submit my sample.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "Name something unique about you that positively contributes to your work performance". If only startled me because it wasn't as business-inclined as the past questions had been. It wasn't too difficult in the end, I just paused for several moments while thinking over my response.   Answer Question

Cashirt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conroe, TX

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in June 2012.

Ask how you will deal with situations. What would you do if this or that happened.

Interview Questions
    • If a member was upset how would you handle situation.   View Answer
    Is no negotiation

Electronic's Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club in July 2011.

I applied online at 7 different stores back in june. A month later they called me and asked me to come in for an interview. I met with 2 manaagers. I think it was the GM and the manager of the area I applied for. The interview went really well. The easy one I have had to date. I got offered the job right there. I signed some papers and went off to do my drug testing.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you went out of your way for a customer?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The just say this is what you'll be making. I was totally fine with it.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in October 2010.

Interviewers were nice employees the management were great also
    Several questions on what would you do

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation on we're you we're able to help a person   View Answer
    • Describe a moment were you felt like you could not help a person and why?   View Answer
    Their offer was great

Photo Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club in September 2010.

The interview process was relatively easy. Although, I found it strange I had to be interviewed by three different managers. This is standard practice for Sam's club. What I find interesting is why is the employee turnover rate so high, and they interview like your applying for a job at the FBI.

Interview Questions
    • All interview was your standard interview questions. How would you handle certain situations? What have you learned? What would you do different?   Answer Question
    I started out in photo as part time. My pay was above minimum wage by a few $$$.