Sam's Club

268 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in February 2011.

Interview Details – Very detailed situational questions, take your time to answer

Interview Question – situational questions with 6 or more parts to answer   View Answer

Cafe Associate Interview

Cafe Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was called by the Fresh manager a week or two after I submitted my application and scheduled for an interview the next morning. I had two interviews, one with the cafe leader and one with the fresh manager, and I thought they went well...was told they would call in a couple days. No call. I called the club and was told they had offered the position to somebody else, but were impressed with my interview and would recommend me for a cashier position. A week later, still no call, so I call back, and was given the run around.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had to choose between two decisions.   Answer Question

Asset Protection Manager Interview

Asset Protection Manager
Evansville, IN

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2010.

Interview Details – I was recommended by my GM, and I interviewed with the market team and I got the position

Negotiation Details – None

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by a shift manager then , I guess, a higher manager. They pretty much asked the same kind of questions: " Name a time you were faced with a difficult problem. What methods did you use to solve those problems and what was the outcome?"

Interview Question – Name a time You were faced with a difficult decision. How did you find a solution?   Answer Question

Cashier/Lot Attendant Interview

Cashier/Lot Attendant
Madison Heights, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in December 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online... Then a month later got scheduled for an interview. The interview in my opinion was difficult. My first interview was with the Team Leader I believe then the Manager. The first interview was bad in my opinion but I was scheduled for another one on the same day because she liked me. I was interviewed for the cashier but then she thought I would be better fit with the Lot Attendant for a short time. Second one was the exact same as the first one and she said if I didn't receive a phone call in a week to call back and check on my status. I really wanted the job but I didn't pressure myself into getting it. If you really want the job make sure you smile, be friendly and check on your status of your application.

Interview Question – Name a time when you had a conflict with someone. What was the conflict and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Night Stocker Interview

Night Stocker

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in July 2009.

Interview Details – They are very uncoordinated, many managers calling and one doesnt seem to know about the other offering a job.

Interview Question – what did you like about your past jobs   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there isnt much negotiation

Sarasota, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was asked 5 pages of, what did you do when questions. The questions all applied to previous work experience and how you handled the situation. When you go in think of all the ways you dealt with co-workers,customers,deadlines,policies you did not agree with.Try to answer quickly,without lying. good luck

Interview Question – What policy did you not agree with, at any prior job.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Clearwater, FL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2010.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online about a week later a manager of the department called me in for an interview. when i arrived i told the lady at front desk i was there to see manager she called him and said he will be with me in a minute. i meet with him then he told me i would meet with the other manager. he came and meet me and he asked me situation questions.

Interview Question – give an example of how you handled a conflict in the workplace   Answer Question

San Juan, PR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was called for a interview 2 days after submitting my online application, HR rep. was very nice on the phone. The day of the interview they had me wait for one and a half hour in the lunch room. It was a panel interview, lots of situation questions, how did you react to this, how did u resolve that and why. While I was aswering one of the 3 ladies took note, one just stared at me and the other couldn't care less.

Interview Question – Did you ever have a assigment in your last job that you needed to get info you dont know about and you dont have in hand? What were the results?   Answer Question

Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2012.

Interview Details – After a very thorough review of my Current and previous jobs. I was told what was expected of me, and asked to tell what actions I would take in different scenarios. Then asked to make an attempt to sell my interviewer any random object I saw. Following, I was given a written quiz and informed about the many benefits to becoming an employee. This included a memebership to sam's club, profit sharing, bonuses, and full benefits after a yr with regular raises at different intervals whether I was promoted to a new position or not. Then I was asked to go through a second interview with a new manager following a similar but still pointedly different path. The scenarios and quiz were basically different. After getting approval from both personnel, I was offered a position.

Interview Question – If hired, What role do you see yourself in a year from now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Although there was a window to negotiate, I found the offer more than generous, being two dollars more than my asking price on the application. I'd never considered I could start as a cashier at $10 with no retail exerience.

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!