Sam's Club

Updated Jan 16, 2015
Updated Jan 16, 2015

2.3

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in February 2011.

Very detailed situational questions, take your time to answer

Interview Questions
    • situational questions with 6 or more parts to answer   View Answer

Cafe Associate Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club in April 2011.

I was called by the Fresh manager a week or two after I submitted my application and scheduled for an interview the next morning. I had two interviews, one with the cafe leader and one with the fresh manager, and I thought they went well...was told they would call in a couple days. No call. I called the club and was told they had offered the position to somebody else, but were impressed with my interview and would recommend me for a cashier position. A week later, still no call, so I call back, and was given the run around.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to choose between two decisions.   Answer Question

Asset Protection Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evansville, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in April 2010.

I was recommended by my GM, and I interviewed with the market team and I got the position

None

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in April 2011.

I was interviewed by a shift manager then , I guess, a higher manager. They pretty much asked the same kind of questions: " Name a time you were faced with a difficult problem. What methods did you use to solve those problems and what was the outcome?"

Interview Questions
    • Name a time You were faced with a difficult decision. How did you find a solution?   Answer Question

Cashier/Lot Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club in December 2010.

Applied online... Then a month later got scheduled for an interview. The interview in my opinion was difficult. My first interview was with the Team Leader I believe then the Manager. The first interview was bad in my opinion but I was scheduled for another one on the same day because she liked me. I was interviewed for the cashier but then she thought I would be better fit with the Lot Attendant for a short time. Second one was the exact same as the first one and she said if I didn't receive a phone call in a week to call back and check on my status. I really wanted the job but I didn't pressure myself into getting it. If you really want the job make sure you smile, be friendly and check on your status of your application.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a conflict with someone. What was the conflict and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Night Stocker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in July 2009.

They are very uncoordinated, many managers calling and one doesnt seem to know about the other offering a job.

there isnt much negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club in May 2010.

I was asked 5 pages of, what did you do when questions. The questions all applied to previous work experience and how you handled the situation. When you go in think of all the ways you dealt with co-workers,customers,deadlines,policies you did not agree with.Try to answer quickly,without lying. good luck

Interview Questions
    • What policy did you not agree with, at any prior job.   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club in August 2010.

I filled out an application online about a week later a manager of the department called me in for an interview. when i arrived i told the lady at front desk i was there to see manager she called him and said he will be with me in a minute. i meet with him then he told me i would meet with the other manager. he came and meet me and he asked me situation questions.

Interview Questions
    • give an example of how you handled a conflict in the workplace   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club in January 2012.

I was called for a interview 2 days after submitting my online application, HR rep. was very nice on the phone. The day of the interview they had me wait for one and a half hour in the lunch room. It was a panel interview, lots of situation questions, how did you react to this, how did u resolve that and why. While I was aswering one of the 3 ladies took note, one just stared at me and the other couldn't care less.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have a assigment in your last job that you needed to get info you dont know about and you dont have in hand? What were the results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sam's Club in June 2012.

After a very thorough review of my Current and previous jobs. I was told what was expected of me, and asked to tell what actions I would take in different scenarios. Then asked to make an attempt to sell my interviewer any random object I saw. Following, I was given a written quiz and informed about the many benefits to becoming an employee. This included a memebership to sam's club, profit sharing, bonuses, and full benefits after a yr with regular raises at different intervals whether I was promoted to a new position or not. Then I was asked to go through a second interview with a new manager following a similar but still pointedly different path. The scenarios and quiz were basically different. After getting approval from both personnel, I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • If hired, What role do you see yourself in a year from now?   View Answer
    Although there was a window to negotiate, I found the offer more than generous, being two dollars more than my asking price on the application. I'd never considered I could start as a cashier at $10 with no retail exerience.