Sam's Club

Updated Dec 12, 2014
Updated Dec 12, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

There were three separate interviews. The first one was with a COS, and then the second interview was with a higher up manager. And then the last interview was with the manager of the whole store. Honestly, the questions were easy. I had no problem answering them.

Tire Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Coral, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cape Coral, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in December 2014.

Applied to Sam's Club opening in Cape Coral. Got three different calls from three different people. Tried to call the first person back, never available to answer. Left my name and number and they never returned my call. Called after second person called me and again was told that person was off for the day. Finally got a third call, answered the call, set up interview for the next day. Went in for my interview and they attempted to offer me positions I did not apply for and only part-time employment after I specified only interested in full-time on my application. Didn't bother continuing my interview and walked out disappointed.

Interview Questions
    • Only question was did I want to work part-time.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, KS

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in October 2014.

Applied online. Had a telephone inteview. Then was called in for a group interview. That same day, they called me b a c k with a job offer. I went back in and interviewed with a single person and signed papers.

Interview Questions
    • What kind of positive thing did you do at your last job?   View Answer
    There was no negotiations.

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club in June 2013.

First interview is split in two, one with a team leader, one with a manager. All questions are situation/experience based. Second interview is with the GM, basically the same format. Basically it's the same as the online application's questionnaire, just in person. Easy for the most part, very straightforward.

Interview Questions
    • You need to convince a customer to sign up for a plus membership, how would you accomplish this?   Answer Question

Night Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2014.

Considering that the store was a brand new store and it was in the process of being built all I did was go to the storefront and filled out a quick application. Within the next day or two I got a phone screening and I was scheduled for my first interview. Did well, did 2nd and 3rd interview, got hired after.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult. All you had to do was be honest and be yourself.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midlothian, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in May 2011.

Very simple, just applied online, was called in for an interview and asked a few basic questions, mainly pertaining to customer service experience and problem solving skills. Just know how to handle customers in general and don't have a short fuse when it comes to petty things and you should be fine.

Interview Questions
    • How have you worked to resolve a disagreement between two parties that want different things?   Answer Question
    I should have negotiated more, as I am bilingual and that was very useful in the job.

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club in February 2013.

the interview process was relaxed, interviewed with a COS and the front end manager at the time. They asked a series of 5 questions that we about everyday life.

Interview Questions
    • name a time where there was a problem and you and an associate had to come up with a solution and you both had different opinions on how it should be fixed. How did you come to the solution?   Answer Question

Asset Protection Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club in May 2014.

Hiring process is done in three separate parts.With my position as a asset protection associate already with Sam's Club's sitter company Wal-Mart,I was able to interview directly with the Market Asset Protection Manager and The Club manager of the Sam,'s Club location I was applying to work in.I was asked multipule three to four part questions about past experiences and the results of the exsperince as well as how I reacted or handled the exsperiance and what if anything I would have changed or done again if the sane situation presented itself once again.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a deadline to complete a project or obligation and you were running low on time and running low on manpower or help?What did you do?How did you do it?What was the outcome, and what if anything would you do different if you were faced with this situation again?   Answer Question
    The salary and position incentive opportunities are given once you have been hired for the position. You either decline or accept.If you have prior experience than generally your offer or salary is started above the pay scale base pay .ALl Sam's Club positions have a pay scale with a base to cap out salary based on location, store,or club, and that's club or stores annual profit.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sam's Club in February 2014.

Got a phone call for an interview and had two interviews. Second one I hired on the spot. They didn't want negotiate the pay at all. Told me where to go for my drug test. And started orientation shortly after.

No negotiations

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Idaho Falls, ID

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in November 2014.

I applied on a Saturday, received a call on Sunday to come in for an interview on Monday. Monday I went in for the interview and talked to a very nice woman who asked only 3 questions. (I will list below with a (1) next to it). So after that interview she asked if I could come back to speak with another manager later that day. I came back at the set later time and spoke with a man who was extremely friendly you can really tell he cared about his employees and their careers. Anyways He said he was supposed to ask the exact same questions as the first woman but he said he really just wanted to get to know me and who I was. after about 4 minutes he said he wanted to offer me the job and I could start Tuesday. He left the room to get some paperwork and came back to get me so I could meet with a 3rd woman who asked basic question (Will list below with a (3) next to it). So she went over the pay scale with me asked if this pay was alright with me. We filled out paper work and went over the job description. Then she gave me directions and papers to take to the drug test/background testing place. She said if everything came back clean I would get a call Tuesday morning. Later Monday night I got a call from the 2nd interviewer and he said everything was clean and asked if I was ready to go Tuesday for orientation. So that was the whole process, the only things I did not like was I was not told I was going to have to wait in line at the member service desk for them to page them to tell them I was here. So I suggest to come in for your interview 30 minutes early (I always do so I wasn't late thankfully I hate being late!) in case there is a long line at the desk. I waited about 20 minutes in line, then I waited another 15 minutes at the cafe for both interviews.

Interview Questions
    • (1) 1. Tell me about a time when you and a co worker came to a disagreement, how did you handle the situation and what did you learn from it?

1. Why do you want to work for Sams Club?
      2. How do you feel about having to make sales for the plus card?
      4. How long would you like to stay with the company?

Answer Question
    • (1) 2. Tell me about a time when you had to deal with a difficult situation, how did you handle it and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • (1) 3. Tell me about a task you had to finish, how did you handle it and what did you learn from it?   Answer Question
    • (3) 1. Why do you want to work for Sams Club?   Answer Question
    • (3) 2. How do you feel about having to make sales for the plus card?
      (3) 3. How do you feel about doing other tasks aside from running the cash register?
      (3) 4. How long would you like to stay with the company?

Answer Question
    Pay is based off experience. They offered me a dollar more than what I asked for so I didn't really feel a need to negotiate.