Sam's Club

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Mansfield, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2013.

Interview Details – I put in an application and was called back the same day for an interview. I met three different people and they all asked me the same basic questions. I was hired that same day and so was everyone else I talked to. They like to insist the process is longer, it's not. They ask you questions and lead you to the right answers because they just want to hire a warm body. They do not care about the quality of their employees. If you have a heartbeat and pass a drug test, they're hiring you. I'm not even sure if some of the people I worked with passed the drug test, to be honest. They hired some of the most incompetent people I'd ever met.

Interview Question – The most difficult question I was asked was the classic, "At your last job, when a customer was unhappy, how did you deal with that?" That's pretty much as hard as it gets. They ask for two references, check your identity, drug test you, and you're hired.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I told the woman what the pay at my last job was, 9.50, and I told her I wanted more than that. She offered me 10.90 easily. The negotiation was so easy I wish I'd asked for more. I noticed that more articulate people got better pay, regardless of age or experience. A woman who was twice my age, but not as articulate made two dollars less an hour than I did. I barely negotiated and got good pay. I have to think that only people that don't negotiate were given only a little more than minimum wage.

Team Leader Interview

Team Leader

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details – sams club asks multiple choice scenario questions about past experiences and hypotheticals. for instance name a time when you showed excellent leadership skills or if a co worker isn't being productive how would you handle it

Interview Question – none, they were all fairly cheesy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non existent

Cafe Associate Interview

Cafe Associate
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2010.

Interview Details – Got a phone call to set 1 on 1 interview. After an interview with a supervisor, management interviews you. HR. associate calls you to set up drug screening and background checks. Fast process. After passing screening and check, HR notifies you of Orientation

Interview Question – Average questions like do you recall when you helped someone out that didn't require you to do so. Questions are customer service oriented. Most time consuming for me to answer was if I would have done something differently, ie on a project or when I assisted someone.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hourly wage was calculated by computer algorithm depending on work experience.

Cafe Associate Interview

Cafe Associate
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2014.

Interview Details – I received a Phone call the day before, from the supervisor of the cafe department and she ask me can i come in for an interview the next day. When I got to the Sam's Club she asked me when will I be turning 18 and I told her I just turned 17 and she said sorry I thought you was turning 18 soon.

Interview Question – There were no questions just a waste of an outfit.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was for Manager in Training position. Interview process was relaxed and fairly easy. First standard phone screen, second met with District HR manager, and last met with the General Manager. The hiring process took longer.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Membership Associate Interview

Membership Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in July 2013.

Interview Details – 3 total interviews, make it through the first two and you will have a job. Third "interview" is paperwork signing and a chance for the club manager to meet you.
1) Supervisor
2) Assistant Manager
3) Club Manager

Interview Question – Role Play, asked to sell a credit card.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate pay rate, was able to easily adjust my availability.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
San Bernardino, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2014.

Interview Details – Interview process is very detailed... Planning, execution, result orientated, profit, and controllable expenses. These are the focus of the interview questions based off of scenarios and situations you've experienced. Consistent with the process.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time....   View Answer

Cashier/Door Greeter Interview

Cashier/Door Greeter
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in October 2013.

Interview Details – The process was three tiered. The first was a mini interview of the STAR behavoral type questions that seems to be all the rage now. It was conducted by a junior shift supervisor that would in turn be a fellow coworker as well. The second was like unto it with a shift manager of the same department. The final took place in the HR office upstairs with all the sign off and entering of more details into system.

Interview Question – I was shocked to be asked the type of questions that only floor personnel should be engaged in since I would be stationary at the cash register solely.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no platform for negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Cheektowaga, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few weeks later i received a call later to come in for an interview the next day. We did the interview in the cafe area which wasn't bad cause it wasn't busy. The lady was very friendly and only ask me 3 questions. I only remembered 1 question, "Tell me about a time when a customer was upset. What did you do and what was the outcome?" And everything else was just asking about my availability, if I was in school, etc. After that she said that I was about to start the second interview right then and there. The next lady comes over and told me about selling and asked if I was comfortable with it. I said yes and she just. went over my application like the lady before and verifying and asked "Why do I want to work there?". After that she said that I then needed to do the background and drug test. I did that the same day and the next day I got a call to come in the next week for the job offer. When I came back for that, again the person at the customer service desk said for me to wait in the cafe area. It was me and one other person. we waited for about 25 min and the other guy went to the desk and they said to wait over by the pharmacy. REALLY?!?! So we went over there and waited another 10 min before she finally called me over to meet the manager. He asked me "Why Sam's Club?" and told me to read the job description on the computer and put that I am capable of doing the job. Took like 2 min after waiting over 30 min. The other lady then scheduled me for orientation but I'm not gonna go because it was really unprofessional and rubbed me the wrong way....

Interview Question – The questions were pretty easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. Didn't even bring up pay

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2010.

Interview Details – Long process from the initial contact to the interview to getting on the schedule. Training on the computers takes too long and is really drawn out especially when you get on the floor and realize everything is basically different. Ridiculously long application, done by computer, in the store.

Interview Question – What would you do if a member is dissatisfied with the services, products, or personalities of a sales associate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was like "we pay $9 an hour." It was my second job and i was promised 20-25 hours a week. Sometimes i got 10, sometimes i got 30.

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!