Sam's Club Interview Questions

2.3

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2012.

I received my call in for an interview about 10 days after I applied on the Sam's Club website.

The interview began with a chief supervisor who asked me several questions regarding my credentials that I had documented in the online app. It was required that I bring my resume with me to the interview (as is usually expected). While she asked me questions she was looking to both my resume and my completed job application.

I was asked about my education status (diploma received, which helps with hiring).
    I was also asked about my experience in sales, which was completely zero (this was okay, since all associates receive extensive training regardless of their prior experience in sales and/or marketing)

I was briefed on safety protocol and asked if I felt that I would be able to uphold the safety requirements of Sam's Club and Wal Mart. Of course, my answer was in the affirmative.

Basically, a lot of the questions that were asked on the job application were asked with different wording during the interview. The only tricky thing about the whole thing was remembering some of the information that the application had described to me that I was questioned about later (however, I do not thing that it would have negatively contributed to my hiring process if I had not remembered it).

After that initial interview with the chief supervisor, I was introduced to the store manager who asked me some further questions to get an idea of my creative strengths and what I might positively contribute to the company.

He asked me: "What would your friends say are some of your strengths?"
    "What do you believe makes you efficient in the workplace?"

and a few other questions that just evaluate how best you can think innovatively "on the spot".

After these questions I was told of the pay rate "$9.89 per hour" and if I would be satisfied with that.
    I said yes, and after they confirmed that I was in fact hired I was told that I was required to be drug tested. As all other requirements prior, this is satisfactory as well. After I received some official paperwork I directed to the facility where I would submit my sample.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was "Name something unique about you that positively contributes to your work performance". If only startled me because it wasn't as business-inclined as the past questions had been. It wasn't too difficult in the end, I just paused for several moments while thinking over my response.   Answer Question

Photo Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vero Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in July 2014.

it was easy. they asked the usual questions. like, when was a time in your life that you identified a problem and what were the steps you used to fix the problem. what are your weakness'. what are your strengths. the whole hiring process took about 3 weeks. the supervisor, manager and general manager interviewed me on the same day. the background check took the longest.

Cafe Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sam's Club.

I applied online and I got a call to come in 2 days later. My first interview Was fairly easy, only about 5 questions that referred to my past work experience. My second interview was the same day about an hour later with the manager. The second interview was a bit harder for me only cause he spoke pretty fast. It made me a bit more nervous. He asked me questions referring to what I learned from my previous interview and what I know about working in the food industry. He had also asked me questions referring to my past work experience. He told me to come in the next day for my backround check and and drug test. For the background check, I spoke to the general manager for quite a bit, he asked me a few questions. Then he had me sign stuff and I left to go get the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when have to finish something important in a short amount of time, how did you come about finishing it?   Answer Question
    • What's your definition of reliable?   Answer Question
    • If you were trying to sell me something, what would you say and how would you do it?   Answer Question

Member Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2012.

I was first interviewing at Sam's Club for a department manager position which pays more and requires more experience. I did not get the job and one of the store's managers liked my resume and set me up on the interview for this position. To me, interview process was very long for this job... it only paid 9.00 per hour... I felt that it should have been a lot easier. There was also a lot of competition for this position. I went to about three interviews total. When I was at the final interview, they ley me know that I was being considered for the job against one other candidate. I was asked a question about analyzing sales goals. They handed me a document with a financial chart on it and asked me to describe what it was. I had a little conversation with the interviewer about it and they said that I was correct. However, the store never contacted me again regarding the job. They did not follow up with me after all of those interviews...

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you would manage the Member Services staff while you are out generating leads in the community?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

did a computer test, must have pass since i received a call and was scheduled for a face to face interview had behavioral questions and then the second part they ask you about your preferred pay and advise you on how much this position normally pays and ask if you are comfortable with the pay, afterwards they advise they will get in touch for a final interview where you meet the store manager

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sioux City, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux City, IA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2010.

Filled out application on samsclub.com Got interview with hourly team lead then second interview with manager. Be prepared for drug test and background check. Background check can take a while to get back depending on the county if you have any charges.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to complete many tasks at one time, how did you determine what to work on first.   View Answer
    Can not negotiate hrly rate but can negotiate schedule.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mansfield, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2013.

I put in an application and was called back the same day for an interview. I met three different people and they all asked me the same basic questions. I was hired that same day and so was everyone else I talked to. They like to insist the process is longer, it's not. They ask you questions and lead you to the right answers because they just want to hire a warm body. They do not care about the quality of their employees. If you have a heartbeat and pass a drug test, they're hiring you. I'm not even sure if some of the people I worked with passed the drug test, to be honest. They hired some of the most incompetent people I'd ever met.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked was the classic, "At your last job, when a customer was unhappy, how did you deal with that?" That's pretty much as hard as it gets. They ask for two references, check your identity, drug test you, and you're hired.   View Answer
    I told the woman what the pay at my last job was, 9.50, and I told her I wanted more than that. She offered me 10.90 easily. The negotiation was so easy I wish I'd asked for more. I noticed that more articulate people got better pay, regardless of age or experience. A woman who was twice my age, but not as articulate made two dollars less an hour than I did. I barely negotiated and got good pay. I have to think that only people that don't negotiate were given only a little more than minimum wage.

Team Leader Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

sams club asks multiple choice scenario questions about past experiences and hypotheticals. for instance name a time when you showed excellent leadership skills or if a co worker isn't being productive how would you handle it

non existent

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2010.

Got a phone call to set 1 on 1 interview. After an interview with a supervisor, management interviews you. HR. associate calls you to set up drug screening and background checks. Fast process. After passing screening and check, HR notifies you of Orientation

Interview Questions
    • Average questions like do you recall when you helped someone out that didn't require you to do so. Questions are customer service oriented. Most time consuming for me to answer was if I would have done something differently, ie on a project or when I assisted someone.   Answer Question
    Hourly wage was calculated by computer algorithm depending on work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2014.

I received a Phone call the day before, from the supervisor of the cafe department and she ask me can i come in for an interview the next day. When I got to the Sam's Club she asked me when will I be turning 18 and I told her I just turned 17 and she said sorry I thought you was turning 18 soon.