Sam's Club Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sam's Club (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

In the first interview, you meet with one of the managers & a manager of the cashiers. They ask questions based on scenarios & how you will handle the situation. The second interview was with store manager, where manager gives job offer & I information about drug test & background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable with selling Sams Club credit card while also being a cashier?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, I am still going through hiring process. I did two interviews on the same day all questions came from a script. Was sent to take a drug test and about 3 days later I was called to give the new references since the ones I listed never answered. About 3 or 4 days later I was called in for 3rd interview which wound up being 2 interviews as they brought in another manager for me to speak to. The first manager came back in and informed me that they still had other interviews and that they had to narrow the applicants down and that they would give me a call back either way. I thought the interviews had all gone good I have no idea why it is taking so long.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about trying to up sell memberships and getting people to apply for their credit card.   1 Answer

Cart Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I was really nervous at first but overall it was pretty easy question, very basic. I was interviewed by two different people. But they were very friendly but later they turned out to be very mean and inconsiderate. But of course they put on a big smile but the questions very childish. I fell like my year old sister could have answer them with perfection but then again the interview is for carts

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you did not get along with a certain employee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their was no negotiation

Pharmacist Prn/Floater Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I submitted my application and a few days later received a call from the district manager. We spoke about my background and scheduled a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Interview Begani with: tell me about yourself and your background and why you are interested in the position. Describe a situation in which you had to assess the environment to make a decision. And 3 more behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Secaucus, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club (Secaucus, NJ).

Interview

The interview process was very generic. The questions were easy. I was hired on the spot and sent for a drug test within a week. The day they got the results back they called me to set up my training. The training videos were so long and useless.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses? Scenario questions. Standard for a cashier.   Answer Question

Club Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

You go through a 3 part hiring precess, which is very standard in the industry. They look for skill set, knowledge and ability but also what to hear what drives and motivates you, what your strengths are and a realistic answer on what you personally strive to improve upon.

Interview Questions

• There really aren't any, they keep it to a very safe structured interview and ask about things that anyone who has walked in the shoes of a GM can answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate wage or vacation

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club (Houston, TX).

Interview

Applied online to walmart. Got called in for a interview 2 days later. They had a problem with my references answering but once they did answer they hired me. The questions were simple. Ex. Can you explain a time where you had to lead others.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer asked you a question that you didn't know the answer to?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Answered some questions and was able to meet some managers and got to meet two interviewers on one day then met the other manager the next day for interview. then was able to take a drug test and then meet for a orientation later on the week

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to the interview. The HR person who was supposed to interview me never showed, so someone from the backery conducted the interview. They weren't even from the department that I applied to. I was asked a lot of long winded, complicated questions read off a sheet about past experiences working with people. The interview was conducted in the heating room. I got no call back, even though they said that they would. Do not apply here. They will waste your time.

Interview Questions

• It was a paragraph about what was a time that I had to work with someone who was difficult and how did i handle it, in a nutshell.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Standard phone interview leading to in person. initial behavioral test online. The process is like any other new hire or any other cookie cutter position. No analytical or situational question will be asked.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years. "basic behavioral interview"   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation flat rate based on experience.