Sam's Club Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.3

Member Service Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Sacramento, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

Very professional and comfortable. The man who interviewed me was very nice and thorough on the job details. He went though all the paperwork first and asked me to make sure everything was correct that I'd put down online.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer complaint/incident and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Member Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Latham, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Latham, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

It was pretty good three interview no issue when you sit down and go over the questions just like when your at school. Managers were very good at interviewing and friendly

Interview Questions

• Sam as any other interview places   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Frederick, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview at Sam's Club is really the same for everyone, unless you're applying for a management position. When you go for the interview, they bring you to the "Club Cafe" and make you wait between 5-8 minutes for the supervisor to start your interview. The first part of the interview is with a Supervisor and then the second part is with an assistant manager or the Club Manager. The interview itself is pretty straight forward. Nothing too difficult. The questions they as about past working experiences are kinda repetitive but not to the point where it's answering the same thing over and over again.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you solved a problem efficiently?   Answer Question

Membership Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Atlanta, GA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviewer took a lot of time doing other things for the club. The interview was very impersonal and in the open area of the cafe. She kept being called away from the interview. It just seemed like they weren't on top of their game today, but the interviewer was very polite.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when I when beyond duty to please a customer   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Rapid City, SD) in July 2015.

Interview

It was pretty straight forward bit felt extremely impersonal. You go to the member desk, give them your interviewers name and they tell the entire store over the radio you're there which, if you have social anxiety like I do, can be pretty embarrassing. Then they make you sit in the food court for about 20 - 30 minutes, a manager comes to get you out of the sea of people. They ask you general questions and hopefully give you a second interview on a later date.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you helped someone, above and beyond, tell us who when how and why   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Minneapolis, MN) in July 2015.

Management Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Typical situations questions like tell me about a time... However, most of the positions and applicants are predetermined but HR and Club Manager. Interview process has changed since I first interviewed 4 years ago, however the questions are still the same

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was told to be there at one, around 2:30 I was finally approached by a tire bay manager. It felt alot was going on, and it seemed more of a inconvience. He didn't seem like he wanted yo be doing a cashier interview. I was told to wait so he could process the results from my interview and another manager would follow up in 30 min. A hour later I was approached and just asked to describe myself as he looked around and didn't seem to want to listen or be doing a interview. I was asked to wait and then a hour later given information to take a drug test and was told they will call back. Unable to tell me what the hours would be or any specific information.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation that was difficult. How did you handle it and would you do anything different.   Answer Question

Cafe Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I applied online and a few hours later a manager called me to set up an interview. The next day I had the interview with a manager. The interview was very easy. The lady was very easy to talk to and very friendly. After I interviewed with her another guy came in and asked about my availability and told me about the duties and what the cafe would be like. Once I was done with the interview I had to fill out a few forms and sign a few things. Then she sent me on my way to take the drug test. After they get the results from the test and background check they call about an orientation.

Interview Questions

• They asked about 6 questions. Each question had multiple parts to it but don't be afraid to ask them to repeat the question.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Brief, had been with the company for a while. Asks the Whats ifs and how I would handle situations. What could I provide and why was I special. How could I provide and excel the company.