Sam's Club

Average Difficulty
260 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2010.

Interview Details – Long process from the initial contact to the interview to getting on the schedule. Training on the computers takes too long and is really drawn out especially when you get on the floor and realize everything is basically different. Ridiculously long application, done by computer, in the store.

Interview Question – What would you do if a member is dissatisfied with the services, products, or personalities of a sales associate?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was like "we pay $9 an hour." It was my second job and i was promised 20-25 hours a week. Sometimes i got 10, sometimes i got 30.

Cheektowaga, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and a few weeks later i received a call later to come in for an interview the next day. We did the interview in the cafe area which wasn't bad cause it wasn't busy. The lady was very friendly and only ask me 3 questions. I only remembered 1 question, "Tell me about a time when a customer was upset. What did you do and what was the outcome?" And everything else was just asking about my availability, if I was in school, etc. After that she said that I was about to start the second interview right then and there. The next lady comes over and told me about selling and asked if I was comfortable with it. I said yes and she just. went over my application like the lady before and verifying and asked "Why do I want to work there?". After that she said that I then needed to do the background and drug test. I did that the same day and the next day I got a call to come in the next week for the job offer. When I came back for that, again the person at the customer service desk said for me to wait in the cafe area. It was me and one other person. we waited for about 25 min and the other guy went to the desk and they said to wait over by the pharmacy. REALLY?!?! So we went over there and waited another 10 min before she finally called me over to meet the manager. He asked me "Why Sam's Club?" and told me to read the job description on the computer and put that I am capable of doing the job. Took like 2 min after waiting over 30 min. The other lady then scheduled me for orientation but I'm not gonna go because it was really unprofessional and rubbed me the wrong way....

Interview Question – The questions were pretty easy   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. Didn't even bring up pay

Club Field Intern Interview

Club Field Intern
Elmsford, NY

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details – Interview was incredibly detailed about myself, work ethic and scenarios when working with others. It asked my strengths and weaknesses. Very typical interview questions. However, this was nothing relevant to the actual experience on the job. The orientation took 6 hours of going over manuals and state regulations.

Interview Question – How did you manage unruly people in a group or job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was not able to negotiate, but the offer was generous for an internship

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details – Recruiter called set up interview time. Interviewed with recruiter then a store manager. Typical questions not hard. They set me up for training which was pretty mucu a joke as no one took time to really teach you anything.

Negotiation Details – None

Fort Worth, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2014.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online. About a month later I was called in for an interview. That same day I had 2 interviews back to back which took about 7 minutes each composing of "Tell me a time when..." questions. After finishing the second interview, I was informed I would be called the next day for an interview with the Club Manager as he was not present at the time. The following day I was called in for a same day interview. At this interview, I was mostly informed of what the position required such as membership renewals and upgrades, safety, dependability, etc. I was then given my background and drug test paperwork to sign and told my starting pay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to identify a customer's/coworker's/team member's using procedural policies, how you used those policies to solve the problem, and the outcome.   Answer Question
  • Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question
  • Tell me a time when you and a customer/coworker/team member disagreed and how you came to an agreement.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was offered $9.40 with no employment experience. It was well over what I asked so no negations took place.

Member Service Supervisor Interview

Member Service Supervisor
Hot Springs, AR

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is a three tiered process. There is a supervisor interview, a salaried manager interview, and a store manager interview. A supervisor does the initial interview. If the applicant passes the first interview, they are interviewed by a member of management. The final process is a job offer by the store manager.

Interview Question – Satisfying a customer with a very unreasonable expectations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I interviewed well for my position and was offered it.

Tire Technician Interview

Tire Technician

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had one interview and it was pretty relaxed. It was just basic questions, asking about my plans, and about my goals. It was a pretty relaxed interview process.

Interview Question – The most difficult question for me was situational. They asked which super hero I would be, which was to see how I think and deal with odd situations.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Starting hourly wage was very good compared to any other jobs available at the time.

Membership Services Associate Interview

Membership Services Associate
Mobile, AL

I applied online - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online months ago, and I received a call last week to schedule an interview. I wasn't told what I was interviewing for, but I needed a job so I went anyway.
There are a total of three interviews. The first two were held in the cafe area, which I thought was kind of unprofessional and distracting. Each interview was composed of a few three part "STAR" questions. In each interview, the interviewer asked the same type of questions but reworded. If they like you, you're in the door.
After they called my references, I was scheduled to meet with the manager for a third interview. During the third interview, she basically asked me about myself and offered me the position. I had to sign some paperwork for a background check and then take a drug test.
Still waiting on that background check...

Interview Question – The wording was so ridiculous that I can't remember. Have stories prepared and be honest...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation, and the pay is based on experience.

Self Checkout Attendant Interview

Self Checkout Attendant
West Jordan, UT

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in November 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out application at the "apply here" kiosk in the Sam's club. It made it much easier to be able to follow up with some one immediately.Application included assessment to ascertain my level of honesty, commitment and motivation. Inquired at service desk if HR available. They were not at the time; however, by the time i got home from applying, HR had already called my home and left me a message to set up an interview. Interview set for next day. Meet with dept lead for first interview . Experience/Behavior based interview, "Can you tell me about a time when..." Second interview immediately followed with Store manager and assistant store manager. Much less formal then the first interview; however they asked questions to test my level of commitment and motivation.

Interview Question – An employee comes to you with a story about a co worker harassing them; the coworker is fearful the situation may become violent, what do you do?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They let me know how much I would make- no discussion option.

Advantage Coordinator Interview

Advantage Coordinator
Plano, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was a long time before the interview was conducted because no one was available to take the time to do the interview, they need to be available for people trying to start work

Interview Question – the most unexpected question was have I ever stole anything   Answer Question