Sam's Club Interview Questions

2.3

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sioux Falls, SD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sioux Falls, SD

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2011.

Interview was for Manager in Training position. Interview process was relaxed and fairly easy. First standard phone screen, second met with District HR manager, and last met with the General Manager. The hiring process took longer.

No negotiation.

Membership Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in July 2013.

3 total interviews, make it through the first two and you will have a job. Third "interview" is paperwork signing and a chance for the club manager to meet you.
    1) Supervisor
    2) Assistant Manager
    3) Club Manager

Interview Questions
    • Role Play, asked to sell a credit card.   View Answer
    Not able to negotiate pay rate, was able to easily adjust my availability.

Cashier/Door Greeter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in October 2013.

The process was three tiered. The first was a mini interview of the STAR behavoral type questions that seems to be all the rage now. It was conducted by a junior shift supervisor that would in turn be a fellow coworker as well. The second was like unto it with a shift manager of the same department. The final took place in the HR office upstairs with all the sign off and entering of more details into system.

Interview Questions
    • I was shocked to be asked the type of questions that only floor personnel should be engaged in since I would be stationary at the cash register solely.   Answer Question
    There is no platform for negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied through other source - interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2014.

Interview process is very detailed... Planning, execution, result orientated, profit, and controllable expenses. These are the focus of the interview questions based off of scenarios and situations you've experienced. Consistent with the process.

Connection Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Goldsboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goldsboro, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2013.

Started as cashier, the easiest way for people to get hired into Sam's Club, then moved into my current position with cell phones. Was called to set up an interview, interview with 3 supervisors: Member Services manager, COS (check out supervisor), and the Marketing Manager. It was a short interview that lasted about 15-20 minutes, if that. Just asking about basic work experience, if I would be fine with the requirements of the job, and if I had any experience selling (part of jobs at Sam's Club is to sell their credit card and Plus membership upgrades). They asked me to role play in a scenario and sell them something (anything). It was a pretty informal interview off of a list of questions (still dress nice though, I did). They sent me to HR to get a drug test form, which I then went and did afterwards and they said that I would hear within about a week. I didn't hear anything back, so I called HR and she said that I had definitely gotten the job and they were waiting to contact me to make my final offer and set up orientation til they hired a few more people with me and they would contact me within about one more week to set that up (and they did).

Interview Questions
    They offer you a price based on your years of experience -- hourly wages are based on 7 tiers. You get about an extra $.25 for each year of experience you have. After that, the only way to get a pay raise is by moving into a higher paying position, and you get an annual raise anywhere between about $.25-.60 based on your department manager's recommendation. They will ALWAYS notify you when you get pay change.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2010.

Long process from the initial contact to the interview to getting on the schedule. Training on the computers takes too long and is really drawn out especially when you get on the floor and realize everything is basically different. Ridiculously long application, done by computer, in the store.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a member is dissatisfied with the services, products, or personalities of a sales associate?   View Answer
    It was like "we pay $9 an hour." It was my second job and i was promised 20-25 hours a week. Sometimes i got 10, sometimes i got 30.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cheektowaga, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2014.

I applied online and a few weeks later i received a call later to come in for an interview the next day. We did the interview in the cafe area which wasn't bad cause it wasn't busy. The lady was very friendly and only ask me 3 questions. I only remembered 1 question, "Tell me about a time when a customer was upset. What did you do and what was the outcome?" And everything else was just asking about my availability, if I was in school, etc. After that she said that I was about to start the second interview right then and there. The next lady comes over and told me about selling and asked if I was comfortable with it. I said yes and she just. went over my application like the lady before and verifying and asked "Why do I want to work there?". After that she said that I then needed to do the background and drug test. I did that the same day and the next day I got a call to come in the next week for the job offer. When I came back for that, again the person at the customer service desk said for me to wait in the cafe area. It was me and one other person. we waited for about 25 min and the other guy went to the desk and they said to wait over by the pharmacy. REALLY?!?! So we went over there and waited another 10 min before she finally called me over to meet the manager. He asked me "Why Sam's Club?" and told me to read the job description on the computer and put that I am capable of doing the job. Took like 2 min after waiting over 30 min. The other lady then scheduled me for orientation but I'm not gonna go because it was really unprofessional and rubbed me the wrong way....

Interview Questions
    There was none. Didn't even bring up pay

Club Field Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Elmsford, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmsford, NY

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview was incredibly detailed about myself, work ethic and scenarios when working with others. It asked my strengths and weaknesses. Very typical interview questions. However, this was nothing relevant to the actual experience on the job. The orientation took 6 hours of going over manuals and state regulations.

Interview Questions
    Was not able to negotiate, but the offer was generous for an internship

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Recruiter called set up interview time. Interviewed with recruiter then a store manager. Typical questions not hard. They set me up for training which was pretty mucu a joke as no one took time to really teach you anything.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2014.

I submitted my application online. About a month later I was called in for an interview. That same day I had 2 interviews back to back which took about 7 minutes each composing of "Tell me a time when..." questions. After finishing the second interview, I was informed I would be called the next day for an interview with the Club Manager as he was not present at the time. The following day I was called in for a same day interview. At this interview, I was mostly informed of what the position required such as membership renewals and upgrades, safety, dependability, etc. I was then given my background and drug test paperwork to sign and told my starting pay.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to identify a customer's/coworker's/team member's using procedural policies, how you used those policies to solve the problem, and the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you and a customer/coworker/team member disagreed and how you came to an agreement.   Answer Question
    I was offered $9.40 with no employment experience. It was well over what I asked so no negations took place.