Sam's Club

Updated Feb 11, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, UT
    Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, UT

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in September 2014.

My interview at the Riverdale Utah Sams Club..... Where do i start? My first interview went well. They scheduled me for my second and third interviews which would be on the next Thursday. They said they would call me to tell me the time. When Thursday came around they never called. I called them and they apologized and told me to come in the next day to have my final interview with the manager. When i went in the next day for the final interview, they told me the manager was not there. They had me wait awhile and she suddenly showed up. She looked and talked like she was high on drugs. She informed me that she did not have my interview packet because she forgot it. However, she said that i could start screening/orientation the next week. She said they would call me to finalize the time. Guess what? They never called. I don't know about you but I DON'T WANT TO WORK FOR SUCH AN UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY. Personally, i make good on what i say! And i'm proud of it! This place is a joke! They have no idea who is in charge or what they are doing! Apply to COSTCO! They pay more anyway!

Interview Questions
    • ''I'm Sorry, I forgot your interview packet and will not be able to interview you today.''   View Answer

I want to work at a company that is honest and has integrity. This is not Sams Club.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

I had 2 interviews one with front end manager, and cos. they asked the typical questions. some questions were worded like the assessment test on the application. the interview can be a little confusing the way the word some to the questions.

Cafe Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club.

I applied online and I got a call to come in 2 days later. My first interview Was fairly easy, only about 5 questions that referred to my past work experience. My second interview was the same day about an hour later with the manager. The second interview was a bit harder for me only cause he spoke pretty fast. It made me a bit more nervous. He asked me questions referring to what I learned from my previous interview and what I know about working in the food industry. He had also asked me questions referring to my past work experience. He told me to come in the next day for my backround check and and drug test. For the background check, I spoke to the general manager for quite a bit, he asked me a few questions. Then he had me sign stuff and I left to go get the drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when have to finish something important in a short amount of time, how did you come about finishing it?   Answer Question
    • What's your definition of reliable?   Answer Question
    • If you were trying to sell me something, what would you say and how would you do it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2014.

The interview was relatively straight forward. Am assessment was given online after submitting an application, asking what would you do and what means the most to you questions. It is a huge plus to have a referral from someone who works their on your application, as those are apparently what they the most attention for.

Interview Questions
    • None really, just knowing what to do in a team oriented customer service surrounding.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. $9.40 an hour.

Member Service Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club in August 2014.

Interviewed twice. First interview was pretty general questions followed by the same in the second interview. accepted position and then told will be called back to set up drug screening and background check. The total process should take about a week. Workplace had an upbeat fast paced attitude. Like the fact that you don't wear a uniform. Management was very professional and the store was very clean. There is plenty of room for advancement..

Night Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2014.

Considering that the store was a brand new store and it was in the process of being built all I did was go to the storefront and filled out a quick application. Within the next day or two I got a phone screening and I was scheduled for my first interview. Did well, did 2nd and 3rd interview, got hired after.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult. All you had to do was be honest and be yourself.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

did a computer test, must have pass since i received a call and was scheduled for a face to face interview had behavioral questions and then the second part they ask you about your preferred pay and advise you on how much this position normally pays and ask if you are comfortable with the pay, afterwards they advise they will get in touch for a final interview where you meet the store manager

Team Leader Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

sams club asks multiple choice scenario questions about past experiences and hypotheticals. for instance name a time when you showed excellent leadership skills or if a co worker isn't being productive how would you handle it

non existent

Photo Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in July 2014.

it was easy. they asked the usual questions. like, when was a time in your life that you identified a problem and what were the steps you used to fix the problem. what are your weakness'. what are your strengths. the whole hiring process took about 3 weeks. the supervisor, manager and general manager interviewed me on the same day. the background check took the longest.

Anonymous Employee in Fishkill, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Fishkill, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in July 2014.

I applied online then got a phone call a few weeks later to setup a interview and so I did and went to my interview and my interview was with one of the managers right in the middle of the store

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to leave your current job   View Answer

I already had gotten a job offer with another company