Sam's Club Interview Questions

2.3

Member Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hot Springs, AR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hot Springs, AR

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in March 2011.

The interview process is a three tiered process. There is a supervisor interview, a salaried manager interview, and a store manager interview. A supervisor does the initial interview. If the applicant passes the first interview, they are interviewed by a member of management. The final process is a job offer by the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Satisfying a customer with a very unreasonable expectations.   View Answer
    I interviewed well for my position and was offered it.

Electronic Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in November 2010.

First you come is store and fill out your application on the computer. Then wait about a full week or so and call to see if they received it. Than you'll have an in person interview, if you pass that you'll have to take a drug test i believe the same day. Then you'll have to do computer training for a couple of days or so before your put on the sales floor.

Tire Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2010.

I had one interview and it was pretty relaxed. It was just basic questions, asking about my plans, and about my goals. It was a pretty relaxed interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question for me was situational. They asked which super hero I would be, which was to see how I think and deal with odd situations.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Starting hourly wage was very good compared to any other jobs available at the time.

Membership Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2014.

I applied online months ago, and I received a call last week to schedule an interview. I wasn't told what I was interviewing for, but I needed a job so I went anyway.
    There are a total of three interviews. The first two were held in the cafe area, which I thought was kind of unprofessional and distracting. Each interview was composed of a few three part "STAR" questions. In each interview, the interviewer asked the same type of questions but reworded. If they like you, you're in the door.
    After they called my references, I was scheduled to meet with the manager for a third interview. During the third interview, she basically asked me about myself and offered me the position. I had to sign some paperwork for a background check and then take a drug test.
    Still waiting on that background check...

Interview Questions
    • The wording was so ridiculous that I can't remember. Have stories prepared and be honest...   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, and the pay is based on experience.

Self Checkout Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Jordan, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Jordan, UT

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in November 2013.

Filled out application at the "apply here" kiosk in the Sam's club. It made it much easier to be able to follow up with some one immediately.Application included assessment to ascertain my level of honesty, commitment and motivation. Inquired at service desk if HR available. They were not at the time; however, by the time i got home from applying, HR had already called my home and left me a message to set up an interview. Interview set for next day. Meet with dept lead for first interview . Experience/Behavior based interview, "Can you tell me about a time when..." Second interview immediately followed with Store manager and assistant store manager. Much less formal then the first interview; however they asked questions to test my level of commitment and motivation.

Interview Questions
    • An employee comes to you with a story about a co worker harassing them; the coworker is fearful the situation may become violent, what do you do?   View Answer
    They let me know how much I would make- no discussion option.

Advantage Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2014.

I was a long time before the interview was conducted because no one was available to take the time to do the interview, they need to be available for people trying to start work

Interview Questions
    • the most unexpected question was have I ever stole anything   Answer Question

Meat Cutter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lone Tree, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lone Tree, CO

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in February 2013.

Was called in for an interview, proceeded with the interview and was told i was going to have 1 more manager interview me, called me back a few days later asking for one more interview was told i was going to be hired and need to drive to a nearby location to submit a drug test within the next 24 hours.

Merchandising Intern Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club.

SVP in operations came to speak in one of my classes, followed up via email with resume attached, she set up a video interview with VP and a senior buyer for me. Did an one-on-one interview with each of them, about 20 min each.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about northwest Arkansas? What would you do if your client ask for the product 2 weeks early but doing so would reduce the product quality?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  College Station, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in March 2012.

After an online application I received a phone call for an interview. The interview took place during normal visiting hours in an office that was private and comfortable. An interview with a COS was conducted, then another with the manager for the department I was applying for.

Interview Questions
    • I was questioned about my feelings about sales, in particular selling memberships. I did not expect the job to be anything more than a cashier.   View Answer
    This was an easy process. They knew I was a student and needed flexible hours, which they were fine with. As far as pay, they have a starting pay for this position (above minimum wage) and add to it for each year of experience you have as a cashier. I thought this was fair.

Merchandise Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Three interviews, open ended questions about work experience and how would you deal with certain situations, asked questions to see how you would deal with customer service, back ground questions, and