Sam's Club

2.3

Asset Protection Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club in May 2014.

Hiring process is done in three separate parts.With my position as a asset protection associate already with Sam's Club's sitter company Wal-Mart,I was able to interview directly with the Market Asset Protection Manager and The Club manager of the Sam,'s Club location I was applying to work in.I was asked multipule three to four part questions about past experiences and the results of the exsperince as well as how I reacted or handled the exsperiance and what if anything I would have changed or done again if the sane situation presented itself once again.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a deadline to complete a project or obligation and you were running low on time and running low on manpower or help?What did you do?How did you do it?What was the outcome, and what if anything would you do different if you were faced with this situation again?   Answer Question
    The salary and position incentive opportunities are given once you have been hired for the position. You either decline or accept.If you have prior experience than generally your offer or salary is started above the pay scale base pay .ALl Sam's Club positions have a pay scale with a base to cap out salary based on location, store,or club, and that's club or stores annual profit.

Tire & Battery Tech Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Basic question and answer process.

Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Probably a dozen people in the conference room waiting to be interviewed. Lasted 10 minutes or so for preliminary interview. Scheduled immediately for the second interview.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southfield, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in April 2014.

The hiring and interview process were fairly simple. The online application was straightforward. My interview was at night, which was kind of weird for me since I'd never had an interview that late. However, the position required me to come into work at 9:30pm.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you are capable at being an overnight stocker?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mankato, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mankato, MN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club in April 2014.

Very simple process. I was interviewed the first time by an employee who would potentially supervise me if I got the job. All she did was ask around ten scenario-type questions and then we were through. took about 10 minutes. Was called in for a second interview to go over what the job entailed and sign paperwork. We were finished quickly after that. Called in for a third interview and was told the pay I would receive and asked to complete a drug test before they would offer the position. They were very hasty about my coming in for each interview. I was called in for my first interview the day of my application and went in, was asked to come in the following day (I was busy and went in a day later), then was asked to come in the third time the day afterward. It's nice if you don't like to wait.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you needed to gather information from someone before solving their problem.   Answer Question

Advantage Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in April 2014.

I was a long time before the interview was conducted because no one was available to take the time to do the interview, they need to be available for people trying to start work

Interview Questions
    • the most unexpected question was have I ever stole anything   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Bernardino, CA

I applied through other source – interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2014.

Interview process is very detailed... Planning, execution, result orientated, profit, and controllable expenses. These are the focus of the interview questions based off of scenarios and situations you've experienced. Consistent with the process.

Any Hourly Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sam's Club.

Submit an application online or at the kiosk in store. I suggest you go to the membership desk and ask to speak with a manager. Introduce yourself and let them know you are applying. Make it quick, they are busy. If they call you in for an interview come dressed business casual. The first interview is with a hourly supervisor, second with a salary manager, and third with the GM, and may be done on different days. If you make it they send you out for a drug test and when you pass that there is a three day orientation.

Interview Questions
    • All question they ask are canned and multi part about previous experiences and how you handled them. Answer all parts of the question.   Answer Question
    None, pay is on a scale.

Cashier Interview

easy and basic questions

easy

Produce Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club.

I received an interview because I knew a friend that worked there which I believe helped out a lot. For a basic retail position, the interview was relatively challenging, however I don't expect perfect answers either. The first interview takes place with a "team leader" or supervisor. From there the second interview takes place directly after with a "coach" or manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell about a time when you successfully worked with a team.   Answer Question
    I had no retail experience so I felt like I couldn't negotiate, but I feel like there might have been room to do so.