Sam's Club

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.3

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club.

Recruiter called set up interview time. Interviewed with recruiter then a store manager. Typical questions not hard. They set me up for training which was pretty mucu a joke as no one took time to really teach you anything.

None

Overnight Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in June 2014.

There was no negotiation. They offered me $11 an hour because I had over five years of stock experience and then they offered me a completely different position totally unrelated to the one I desired. When I later asked about this, the interviewing manager lied and said he had no recollection of the interview, adding a few seconds later that he was being pressured by his boss to fill a position that was totally unrelated to that for which I was interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you know how to make pizza and run a register?"   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club in June 2014.

I applied online and a few weeks later i received a call later to come in for an interview the next day. We did the interview in the cafe area which wasn't bad cause it wasn't busy. The lady was very friendly and only ask me 3 questions. I only remembered 1 question, "Tell me about a time when a customer was upset. What did you do and what was the outcome?" And everything else was just asking about my availability, if I was in school, etc. After that she said that I was about to start the second interview right then and there. The next lady comes over and told me about selling and asked if I was comfortable with it. I said yes and she just. went over my application like the lady before and verifying and asked "Why do I want to work there?". After that she said that I then needed to do the background and drug test. I did that the same day and the next day I got a call to come in the next week for the job offer. When I came back for that, again the person at the customer service desk said for me to wait in the cafe area. It was me and one other person. we waited for about 25 min and the other guy went to the desk and they said to wait over by the pharmacy. REALLY?!?! So we went over there and waited another 10 min before she finally called me over to meet the manager. He asked me "Why Sam's Club?" and told me to read the job description on the computer and put that I am capable of doing the job. Took like 2 min after waiting over 30 min. The other lady then scheduled me for orientation but I'm not gonna go because it was really unprofessional and rubbed me the wrong way....

Interview Questions
    There was none. Didn't even bring up pay

Cafe Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I received a Phone call the day before, from the supervisor of the cafe department and she ask me can i come in for an interview the next day. When I got to the Sam's Club she asked me when will I be turning 18 and I told her I just turned 17 and she said sorry I thought you was turning 18 soon.

Merchandising Intern Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club.

SVP in operations came to speak in one of my classes, followed up via email with resume attached, she set up a video interview with VP and a senior buyer for me. Did an one-on-one interview with each of them, about 20 min each.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about northwest Arkansas? What would you do if your client ask for the product 2 weeks early but doing so would reduce the product quality?   Answer Question

Merchandise Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Three interviews, open ended questions about work experience and how would you deal with certain situations, asked questions to see how you would deal with customer service, back ground questions, and

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in May 2014.

I submitted my application online. About a month later I was called in for an interview. That same day I had 2 interviews back to back which took about 7 minutes each composing of "Tell me a time when..." questions. After finishing the second interview, I was informed I would be called the next day for an interview with the Club Manager as he was not present at the time. The following day I was called in for a same day interview. At this interview, I was mostly informed of what the position required such as membership renewals and upgrades, safety, dependability, etc. I was then given my background and drug test paperwork to sign and told my starting pay.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you had to identify a customer's/coworker's/team member's using procedural policies, how you used those policies to solve the problem, and the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for this company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you and a customer/coworker/team member disagreed and how you came to an agreement.   Answer Question
    I was offered $9.40 with no employment experience. It was well over what I asked so no negations took place.

Membership Services Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2014.

I applied online months ago, and I received a call last week to schedule an interview. I wasn't told what I was interviewing for, but I needed a job so I went anyway.
    There are a total of three interviews. The first two were held in the cafe area, which I thought was kind of unprofessional and distracting. Each interview was composed of a few three part "STAR" questions. In each interview, the interviewer asked the same type of questions but reworded. If they like you, you're in the door.
    After they called my references, I was scheduled to meet with the manager for a third interview. During the third interview, she basically asked me about myself and offered me the position. I had to sign some paperwork for a background check and then take a drug test.
    Still waiting on that background check...

Interview Questions
    • The wording was so ridiculous that I can't remember. Have stories prepared and be honest...   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation, and the pay is based on experience.

Asset Protection Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club in May 2014.

Hiring process is done in three separate parts.With my position as a asset protection associate already with Sam's Club's sitter company Wal-Mart,I was able to interview directly with the Market Asset Protection Manager and The Club manager of the Sam,'s Club location I was applying to work in.I was asked multipule three to four part questions about past experiences and the results of the exsperince as well as how I reacted or handled the exsperiance and what if anything I would have changed or done again if the sane situation presented itself once again.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had a deadline to complete a project or obligation and you were running low on time and running low on manpower or help?What did you do?How did you do it?What was the outcome, and what if anything would you do different if you were faced with this situation again?   Answer Question
    The salary and position incentive opportunities are given once you have been hired for the position. You either decline or accept.If you have prior experience than generally your offer or salary is started above the pay scale base pay .ALl Sam's Club positions have a pay scale with a base to cap out salary based on location, store,or club, and that's club or stores annual profit.

Tire & Battery Tech Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Basic question and answer process.