Sam's Club Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club (San Diego, CA).

Interview

It took a long time. The managers and supervisors were both late to the interview. It is very scripted as well. The second interview I did with the company was pathetic. It was very scripted and then I was told they were still doing interviews and that I'd hear back later. The next day I found out I was supposed to have my second interview but no one ever communicated that to me.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to complete a big project? what did you do to complete it? how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salisbury, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club (Salisbury, MD) in March 2015.

Interview

Really easy, there were a total of 3 interviews, which were done on the same day. The first interview was normal behavior questions, the second was the same but towards the end they want you to walk around the store with them while they ask you more questions. The last interview was with the store manager, I went into the office she asked me "so what brings you to Sam's Club today?". After that she really just asked whether I was in school, what I majored in, and she just explained the responsibilities of the job. Then she gave me my drug screening info to go do.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time where you were given a individual task and deadline, how did you go about completing the task by then deadline.   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you and a co-worker disagreed on something, how did you handle it and what was the end result?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you were given a request to fill but you were unable to fulfill the request, how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • Name a time when there was a problem at work and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

There was no interview. It was literally "Take it or leave it, your choice." You sit in a room with a manager after waiting downstairs for them to meet with you. Then you are put in a room with all the other applicants, and that is your first day. There is no grace period and they do not allow you two weeks to leave any other positions.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to cover any hours assigned to you? If there are extra hours available, can you come in and cover them?   Answer Question

Cashire Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankeny, IA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club (Ankeny, IA) in March 2015.

Interview

Done very well. Was done by appx 6 people in charge of hiring. Took you in a room and you were selling membership to a hiring member who was to be a customer. You had to go over her application for membership to make sure there were no changes. And what type of membership she wanted. Also had to explain different memberships to businesses.Was very interesting.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a difficult person to take care of and how did you handle it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No was not able to negoiate, they told you what you would be making by your jobs.

Tire & Battery Tech Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I was a cashier and I wanted out. I told the management I would be giving my two weeks if I didn't receive a transfer and I got shipped out there. It was fun my kind of work.

Interview Questions

• do you mind getting under a vehicle?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishkill, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club (Fishkill, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied to Sam's Club online and about two weeks later I got a call to go in for and interview. On the phone I was asked about my availability but not much else. When I got there I went up to the members services desk and wasn't politely greeted but more demanded to go sit at one of the tables until my interview. My interview was supposed to start at one but no one came to get me until 1:15 or later. When the manager came she was polite but stiff and we went into the leadership office for the interview. She kept leaving and starting conversations with other employees and coaches that worked there and had me sit around and wait for her for extended periods of time. She asked me no interview questions, just when I was available to work and if I had transportation and if I had been a cashier before. I hadn't but they didn't really seem to care if I did. I got a drug test and then was called a couple days later setting me up for an orientation the next week. They hire everyone who comes in and gets interviewed as long as they pass the drug test, and they don't seem to care much about experience or really if you are qualified for the job, just as long as you can come in when you're supposed to. They really focus on availability but be warned they will change your availability to fit what they need

Interview Questions

• have you ever worked as a cashier before and if so where?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club (San Antonio, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online, I am still going through hiring process. I did two interviews on the same day all questions came from a script. Was sent to take a drug test and about 3 days later I was called to give the new references since the ones I listed never answered. About 3 or 4 days later I was called in for 3rd interview which wound up being 2 interviews as they brought in another manager for me to speak to. The first manager came back in and informed me that they still had other interviews and that they had to narrow the applicants down and that they would give me a call back either way. I thought the interviews had all gone good I have no idea why it is taking so long.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about trying to up sell memberships and getting people to apply for their credit card.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sam's Club (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

In the first interview, you meet with one of the managers & a manager of the cashiers. They ask questions based on scenarios & how you will handle the situation. The second interview was with store manager, where manager gives job offer & I information about drug test & background check.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable with selling Sams Club credit card while also being a cashier?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Cart Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I was really nervous at first but overall it was pretty easy question, very basic. I was interviewed by two different people. But they were very friendly but later they turned out to be very mean and inconsiderate. But of course they put on a big smile but the questions very childish. I fell like my year old sister could have answer them with perfection but then again the interview is for carts

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you did not get along with a certain employee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their was no negotiation

Pharmacist Prn/Floater Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I submitted my application and a few days later received a call from the district manager. We spoke about my background and scheduled a phone interview which lasted about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Interview Begani with: tell me about yourself and your background and why you are interested in the position. Describe a situation in which you had to assess the environment to make a decision. And 3 more behavioral questions.   Answer Question