Sam's Club Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.3

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club (Harrisburg, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

Hiring was easy and simple I was called in two weeks and had gotten hired on the first day interview which consists on the interview with the supervisor and then a manager

Interview Questions

• Why do u want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wasn't much negotiations

Gas Station Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I applied in the store on the kiosk as these applications have priority over the online applicants. i was called back a week after i applied and was asked to come in for an interview. I interviewed with two people at the time, the front end manager and the front end lead supervisor. Both asked general questions like "tell me a bout a time you had to deal with a difficult situation or member."
    Both interviews combined probably lasted about 45 minutes. I think it was a few days before i got a call back asking to do a drug test. I went in and they sent me to one just a few minutes down the street. I was also offered the job the same day.

Interview Questions

• they asked something along the lines of " tell me about a time when you had a diffucult or unsatisfied customer or situation and how did you resolve it?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

when i went in for the job offer they had me read my job duties and either accept or decline. then they said they would start me off at $10 which i didn't ask for more at the time because it was more then my previous job. I accepted the position

Membership Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in September 2014.

Interview

Two interviews total. First, interviewer explained the position and ask if I had related job experiences. Went on the ask 5 questions on how I could handle or relate to a similar circumstance in my work setting. Second interview was with the Manager. Offered the position, but still waiting to hear back. Process is taking a few weeks now.

Interview Questions

• What are some distractions or things that will get in your way of doing things?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not get to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Riverdale, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club (Riverdale, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

My interview at the Riverdale Utah Sams Club..... Where do i start? My first interview went well. They scheduled me for my second and third interviews which would be on the next Thursday. They said they would call me to tell me the time. When Thursday came around they never called. I called them and they apologized and told me to come in the next day to have my final interview with the manager. When i went in the next day for the final interview, they told me the manager was not there. They had me wait awhile and she suddenly showed up. She looked and talked like she was high on drugs. She informed me that she did not have my interview packet because she forgot it. However, she said that i could start screening/orientation the next week. She said they would call me to finalize the time. Guess what? They never called. I don't know about you but I DON'T WANT TO WORK FOR SUCH AN UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY. Personally, i make good on what i say! And i'm proud of it! This place is a joke! They have no idea who is in charge or what they are doing! Apply to COSTCO! They pay more anyway!

Interview Questions

• ''I'm Sorry, I forgot your interview packet and will not be able to interview you today.''   1 Answer

I want to work at a company that is honest and has integrity. This is not Sams Club.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I had 2 interviews one with front end manager, and cos. they asked the typical questions. some questions were worded like the assessment test on the application. the interview can be a little confusing the way the word some to the questions.

Cafe Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I applied online and I got a call to come in 2 days later. My first interview Was fairly easy, only about 5 questions that referred to my past work experience. My second interview was the same day about an hour later with the manager. The second interview was a bit harder for me only cause he spoke pretty fast. It made me a bit more nervous. He asked me questions referring to what I learned from my previous interview and what I know about working in the food industry. He had also asked me questions referring to my past work experience. He told me to come in the next day for my backround check and and drug test. For the background check, I spoke to the general manager for quite a bit, he asked me a few questions. Then he had me sign stuff and I left to go get the drug test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when have to finish something important in a short amount of time, how did you come about finishing it?   Answer Question
    • What's your definition of reliable?   Answer Question
    • If you were trying to sell me something, what would you say and how would you do it?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was relatively straight forward. Am assessment was given online after submitting an application, asking what would you do and what means the most to you questions. It is a huge plus to have a referral from someone who works their on your application, as those are apparently what they the most attention for.

Interview Questions

• None really, just knowing what to do in a team oriented customer service surrounding.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. $9.40 an hour.

Member Service Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed twice. First interview was pretty general questions followed by the same in the second interview. accepted position and then told will be called back to set up drug screening and background check. The total process should take about a week. Workplace had an upbeat fast paced attitude. Like the fact that you don't wear a uniform. Management was very professional and the store was very clean. There is plenty of room for advancement..

Night Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Considering that the store was a brand new store and it was in the process of being built all I did was go to the storefront and filled out a quick application. Within the next day or two I got a phone screening and I was scheduled for my first interview. Did well, did 2nd and 3rd interview, got hired after.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really difficult. All you had to do was be honest and be yourself.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Interview

did a computer test, must have pass since i received a call and was scheduled for a face to face interview had behavioral questions and then the second part they ask you about your preferred pay and advise you on how much this position normally pays and ask if you are comfortable with the pay, afterwards they advise they will get in touch for a final interview where you meet the store manager