Sam's Club Interview Questions

Updated Apr 21, 2015

2.3

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

sams club asks multiple choice scenario questions about past experiences and hypotheticals. for instance name a time when you showed excellent leadership skills or if a co worker isn't being productive how would you handle it

Interview Questions

Negotiation

non existent

Photo Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vero Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club (Vero Beach, FL) in July 2014.

Interview

it was easy. they asked the usual questions. like, when was a time in your life that you identified a problem and what were the steps you used to fix the problem. what are your weakness'. what are your strengths. the whole hiring process took about 3 weeks. the supervisor, manager and general manager interviewed me on the same day. the background check took the longest.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fishkill, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club (Fishkill, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online then got a phone call a few weeks later to setup a interview and so I did and went to my interview and my interview was with one of the managers right in the middle of the store

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to leave your current job   1 Answer

I already had gotten a job offer with another company

Club Field Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elmsford, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Sam's Club (Elmsford, NY).

Interview

Interview was incredibly detailed about myself, work ethic and scenarios when working with others. It asked my strengths and weaknesses. Very typical interview questions. However, this was nothing relevant to the actual experience on the job. The orientation took 6 hours of going over manuals and state regulations.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate, but the offer was generous for an internship

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Recruiter called set up interview time. Interviewed with recruiter then a store manager. Typical questions not hard. They set me up for training which was pretty mucu a joke as no one took time to really teach you anything.

Negotiation

None

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cheektowaga, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club (Cheektowaga, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online and a few weeks later i received a call later to come in for an interview the next day. We did the interview in the cafe area which wasn't bad cause it wasn't busy. The lady was very friendly and only ask me 3 questions. I only remembered 1 question, "Tell me about a time when a customer was upset. What did you do and what was the outcome?" And everything else was just asking about my availability, if I was in school, etc. After that she said that I was about to start the second interview right then and there. The next lady comes over and told me about selling and asked if I was comfortable with it. I said yes and she just. went over my application like the lady before and verifying and asked "Why do I want to work there?". After that she said that I then needed to do the background and drug test. I did that the same day and the next day I got a call to come in the next week for the job offer. When I came back for that, again the person at the customer service desk said for me to wait in the cafe area. It was me and one other person. we waited for about 25 min and the other guy went to the desk and they said to wait over by the pharmacy. REALLY?!?! So we went over there and waited another 10 min before she finally called me over to meet the manager. He asked me "Why Sam's Club?" and told me to read the job description on the computer and put that I am capable of doing the job. Took like 2 min after waiting over 30 min. The other lady then scheduled me for orientation but I'm not gonna go because it was really unprofessional and rubbed me the wrong way....

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none. Didn't even bring up pay

Cafe Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club (Richmond, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

I received a Phone call the day before, from the supervisor of the cafe department and she ask me can i come in for an interview the next day. When I got to the Sam's Club she asked me when will I be turning 18 and I told her I just turned 17 and she said sorry I thought you was turning 18 soon.

Overnight Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in June 2014.

Interview

There was no negotiation. They offered me $11 an hour because I had over five years of stock experience and then they offered me a completely different position totally unrelated to the one I desired. When I later asked about this, the interviewing manager lied and said he had no recollection of the interview, adding a few seconds later that he was being pressured by his boss to fill a position that was totally unrelated to that for which I was interviewed.

Interview Questions

• "Do you know how to make pizza and run a register?"   1 Answer

Merchandising Intern Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

SVP in operations came to speak in one of my classes, followed up via email with resume attached, she set up a video interview with VP and a senior buyer for me. Did an one-on-one interview with each of them, about 20 min each.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about northwest Arkansas? What would you do if your client ask for the product 2 weeks early but doing so would reduce the product quality?   Answer Question

Merchandise Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Three interviews, open ended questions about work experience and how would you deal with certain situations, asked questions to see how you would deal with customer service, back ground questions, and