Sam's Club

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashirt Interview

Cashirt
Conroe, TX

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2012.

Interview Details – Ask how you will deal with situations. What would you do if this or that happened.

Interview Question – If a member was upset how would you handle situation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Is no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Southgate, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in November 2010.

Interview Details – Nice short and cut to the point interview.

Negotiation Details – Wasn't up for negotiation.

Cart Attendant Interview

Cart Attendant
Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in December 2011.

Interview Details – They are really fast with the process. They did both interviews then an interview with the general manager in about two days.

Interview Question – They ask all behavioral questions, like describe a time when you...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Tire Technician Interview

Tire Technician
Spartanburg, SC

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sam's Club in April 2011.

Interview Details – I was hired at an established club, the process was easy and pretty much standardized. When I moved up in the company I just received a phone call that basically asked if I had any leadership experience and when could I start.

Interview Question – All the questions are easy if you go to work and get involved, if you just go to work push a broom and go home you will struggle with the questions.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Cart Attendant Interview

Cart Attendant
Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Sam's Club in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online. They followed up 2 months later. 2 interviews with fairly stupid people and fairly stupid questions. They take a long time to respond before and after the process. Salary is minimal. Interviews treat you like you are s.h.i.t. Managers think they are gods, which actually made me laugh every time encountered the situation. I mean they are managers where?

Interview Question – Obviously, there are no hard questions for this position. Are you kidding me?   View Answer

Cafe Associate Interview

Cafe Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details – there are two interviews when i went through the hiring process, they want to see confidence in yourself and then mention some of sams club founder famous quotes is good too, and second interview just be confident and be yourself and answer the questions what the company expects to be answer

Interview Question – Where you last work at?
why do you want work with us?
why should we hire you ?
how much you want to get paid?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they ask what a good rate for me and i answer and the manager met me half way, but you must be confident in why you want get such amount and has to be reasonable to what the job is

Night Team Lead Interview

Night Team Lead
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details – Hiring is done at the kiosk. From there 2 interviews are conducted to see if the person applying is a fit or not. Once inside, if you're liked enough, you can apply for another position and sometimes you're really not even really interviewed for it.

Negotiation Details – no negotation, set pay plus extra for lead position

Checkout Supervisor, COS Interview

Checkout Supervisor, COS

Interviewed at Sam's Club

Interview Details – Easy, online or in the club. Then proceed call the club you are interested in and ask for the HR person. Ask if they received the application and the status of it. If they are not hiring for what you want then call other clubs and proceed to do the same.

Interview Question – Do not be indecisive. Its either you agree or disagree!   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details – Submitted online and interviewed within a week

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in January 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process for Sam's Club is very long. It takes about 3 weeks total. There are 3 interviews before you get hired, but if you get past the first 2 then you basically have the job. The questions are mostly behavioral questions, so study up on those because there are A LOT of them. At my second AND third interviews, I had to "sell" products and/or memberships to management. Don't get too nervous because they like it if you try, even if you think you can't sell.

The best advice I could give to someone who has an interview there is to BE PREPARED!

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What policies/tools did you use and how did you solve the problem?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. They won't offer you a position unless they like your availability. Your pay is based on a computer system and experience, so you can't negotiate it, but they pay above minimum wage.