Sam's Club

Updated Nov 24, 2014
Updated Nov 24, 2014

2.3

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Sam's Club in February 2014.

Got a phone call for an interview and had two interviews. Second one I hired on the spot. They didn't want negotiate the pay at all. Told me where to go for my drug test. And started orientation shortly after.

No negotiations

Checkout Supervisor, COS Interview

Easy, online or in the club. Then proceed call the club you are interested in and ask for the HR person. Ask if they received the application and the status of it. If they are not hiring for what you want then call other clubs and proceed to do the same.

Interview Questions
    • Do not be indecisive. Its either you agree or disagree!   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Submitted online and interviewed within a week

none

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club.

3 interviews, background check, drug screening, orientation about 3 weeks,

None

Club Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Promoted internally as most are. Company is looking at balancing that as it continues to grow rapidly. Talent is the number one tenant they focus on. Minimum 1 interview from a MHRM and then a Regional VP. Quick as an internal applicant as they make their mind up without going through the process objectively. External the process is similar but usally starts with the recruiter. More objective I'd say.

Interview Questions
    • 01. Describe a time when you recommended a new process or initiative that has the potential to improve business performance or results.

02. Describe the mentoring and learning opportunities that you’ve provided associates and in your response describe how you’ve ensured these opportunities supported career growth.

03. Describe the steps you’ve taken to manage budgets and overall financial performance for you’re area of responsibilities.

04. What business data and information do you typically consider when setting priorities and making decisions.

05. Describe the methods you use to teach inventory flow processes to others

06. Describe how you’ve built and maintained an environment that promoted and supported associates in executing business goals.

07. Describe the program and processes you’ve implemented to increase associates ability to better serve members.

08. Describe a time when you were responsible for coordinating a project that required you to consider views or opinions from different areas.

09. Describe the steps you’ve taken to promote an environment of adaptability and continuous learning in your club

10. Describe the plans you’ve developed and implemented to promote excellent member service.

11. Describe a time when you initiated and developed a key relationship in the community that helped you enhance the reputation of the company.

12. Describe the plans you’ve developed to set expectations and goals within our club.
        View Answer
    none. take it or leave it.

Connection Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Streamwood, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Streamwood, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

The interviews are really straight forward. "Tell me about a time you blah blah blah" type open-ended questions. No cover letter needed.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected here. Like I said, very straight forward. If you speak English, and you are not a total idiot you will get the job.   Answer Question
    This is a strict. structured, retail corporation so there is no negotiation. Your pay will vary though dependent on your experience. So lie if you have to about the years of experience. I doubt they will ever check.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club in January 2014.

The hiring process for Sam's Club is very long. It takes about 3 weeks total. There are 3 interviews before you get hired, but if you get past the first 2 then you basically have the job. The questions are mostly behavioral questions, so study up on those because there are A LOT of them. At my second AND third interviews, I had to "sell" products and/or memberships to management. Don't get too nervous because they like it if you try, even if you think you can't sell.

The best advice I could give to someone who has an interview there is to BE PREPARED!

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What policies/tools did you use and how did you solve the problem?   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. They won't offer you a position unless they like your availability. Your pay is based on a computer system and experience, so you can't negotiate it, but they pay above minimum wage.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Relatively simple. STAR type questions. They don't care about your answers per say, just your ability to answer. Drug Tested after initial offer. Background checks are slow. They do not care about your credit. Be honest on your application, as I am sure some of you are wondering.

Interview Questions
    • STAR questions are challenging. Interviews are a numbers game. Apply over and over at many locations before you get a call. Don't give up.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Stocker Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Send in resume and if your lucky you get an interview

Interview Questions
    • What is your best characteristic that will benefit us?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Easy interview. Process took about 2 weeks for me to be hired and to start training.