Sam's Club Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.3

Management Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Recruiter held on-campus interviews.

Signed up and received an in-person interview. I was offered a Position on the spot.

They gave me the choice of two different locations as they both required 2 interns and it was early in their recruiting process.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had a disagreement with a coworker and were able to communicate your point AND convince the other person without offending them.   Answer Question
    Fixed rate for interns. Make sure to list as much previous job experience as this is how they base your pay rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Murrieta, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murrieta, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in September 2013.

I went through 4 interviews, proceeding up the chain of command until I met with and was hired by the store manager him self. Require to take and pass a drug test to be officially offered the position. 20 hours of paid training are given before being put on the floor.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had difficulty dealing with an issue. Who was involved and how did you solve it?   View Answer
    I was offered $1 per hour more than I had asked for, so there wasn't much to negotiate.

Cafe Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Worcester, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Sam's Club in September 2013.

The interview process was painless. I filled an application out online and called back a few days later to see if they had received it, and the personnel manager called me in for an interview, which lasted about 10 minutes while they asked me a few questions pertaining to my life skills. After I called a few days later, I was told my hours did not suit their needs. However, a couple weeks later I received a call asking if I was interesting in applying for a different position that suited my hours, and I agreed. I went to one more interview similar to the first and then a third and final interview in which we discussed drug testing, background checks, and my pay.

Interview Questions
    • "Name one time you had to make a difficult decision. How did you approach the situation and what conclusion did you come up with?"   View Answer
    There was really no negotiation. The pay is a set pay scale, so I was not able to negotiate that, and the hours were as-needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Sam's Club in September 2013.

I had two fairly simple and brief interviews in the same day. The first was a series of questions based on past experiences in life, work, or school. The second set was basic questions about job responsibilities and scheduling. After both interviews I was asked to completed a drug test in the same day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you and a coworker/family member/friend had a difference of opinions. How did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Sam's Club.

I had five interviews and received my job offer at the 5th interview . The questions were normal interview questions . There wasn't anything that was asked that was unusual .Walmart and Sam's are known to go "dark " during the interviewing process . You may not hear from them for weeks or months after the initial or 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • The company sent me a video camera for my fourth interview .   Answer Question
    The salary I requested is what I received .

Membership Coordinator Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Sam's Club.

They have a three interview process where they basically ask you the same questions. They are those questions like, "Describe a time when... What obstacles did you overcome... what was the outcome..." Had to BS my way through some questions. Once you reach the 3rd interview, you practically have the job.

Cart Partner, Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Applied at the store, got a call days later, got an interview. On the first interview I was hired, drug testing was administered and I started work a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation that you got through..   View Answer
    They offer you a salary, you accept and they schedule you.

Membership/Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sam's Club.

I interviewed for membership and was told in a couple of weeks I'd be in membership but I ended up a cashier and never even got a chance to get in membership. I'm don't like the bait and switch. If you need people in front end says so. The interview is 3 parts 1) C.O.S. (2) department manager (3)HR

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Evans, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evans, CO

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2013.

Initial interview- Second Interview- Job Offer

Interview Questions
    • 1. Tell me about a time when you had a difficult situation with an employee and how you resolved it?
      2. Tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to help out a customer?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denton, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denton, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

They called you in for an interview, usually takes about 2-10 days to get a call. Once you get an interview you're pretty much hired. After the interview is over they send you to get a drug test in which you have 4 hours to go and get it complete. After about 4 days if you passed the drug test you will get a call back to start orientation.