Sam's Club

Relevance Date Difficulty

Connection Center Interview

Connection Center
Streamwood, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details – The interviews are really straight forward. "Tell me about a time you blah blah blah" type open-ended questions. No cover letter needed.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected here. Like I said, very straight forward. If you speak English, and you are not a total idiot you will get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is a strict. structured, retail corporation so there is no negotiation. Your pay will vary though dependent on your experience. So lie if you have to about the years of experience. I doubt they will ever check.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Anderson, SC

I applied online - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2010.

Interview Details – Applying online does require at least a general understanding of a retail environment. Basically, just answer the question in the way that is most opposite of how walmart/sam's club employees typically act. It's always the answer that best serves the customer. Beyond that, they call in for multiple interviews with supervisors and managers and literally read questions from a mandated interview and write down your answers. They ask about work experience and then ask questions in which the answer is always going to be focused on what you can do for the customer and history questions such as how you've dealt with difficult situations at work and difficult customers in the past.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you failed   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. They pay based off experiences. There is sort of a tally system where everything in that list that you have experience in gets you an extra x number of cents per hour.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details – Relatively simple. STAR type questions. They don't care about your answers per say, just your ability to answer. Drug Tested after initial offer. Background checks are slow. They do not care about your credit. Be honest on your application, as I am sure some of you are wondering.

Interview Question – STAR questions are challenging. Interviews are a numbers game. Apply over and over at many locations before you get a call. Don't give up.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Cafe Associate Interview

Cafe Associate
Worcester, MA

I applied online - interviewed at Sam's Club in September 2013.

Interview Details – The interview process was painless. I filled an application out online and called back a few days later to see if they had received it, and the personnel manager called me in for an interview, which lasted about 10 minutes while they asked me a few questions pertaining to my life skills. After I called a few days later, I was told my hours did not suit their needs. However, a couple weeks later I received a call asking if I was interesting in applying for a different position that suited my hours, and I agreed. I went to one more interview similar to the first and then a third and final interview in which we discussed drug testing, background checks, and my pay.

Interview Question – "Name one time you had to make a difficult decision. How did you approach the situation and what conclusion did you come up with?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was really no negotiation. The pay is a set pay scale, so I was not able to negotiate that, and the hours were as-needed.

Meat Cutter Interview

Meat Cutter
Palmdale, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in July 2011.

Interview Details – They will call you if they think you are what they want, they will ask for the first interview with the head of the department which you intended to apply. Hes probably gonna make the decison because if its what he needs you will be hired. Second interview will have to do with your people skills and that u will be able to work good with others. If you have a 3rd interview your pretty much hired because it will be done by the store manager and all you have to do and say is you will be on your best behavior while working there.

Interview Question – Will it be hard for you to get another job if you leave here or don't get this job?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Got what they gave plus the 15% stock match, if you have more to offer ask for more.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Sales Floor Associate
Boardman, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sam's Club in September 2012.

Interview Details – It was a three step process. Contact, second interview, third negotiation on pay and drug test within the hour.

Interview Question – What would do if you can't get along with a fellow associate or even a direct supervisor ?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not very negotiable. Management has no autonomy in paying more for experience. The computer makes the decision. It's pretty depressing.
It's pretty obvious they are seeking to hire the lowest paid associates possible.

Member Services Representative Interview

Member Services Representative
Houston, TX

I applied in-person - interviewed at Sam's Club in October 2012.

Interview Details – Got a call went and scheduled and appointment. Interview was pretty easy and was offered on the spot,

Interview Question – Can't think of any hard question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Stocker Interview

Stocker

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details – Send in resume and if your lucky you get an interview

Interview Question – What is your best characteristic that will benefit us?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Addison, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2010.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. The interview went well because it was a behavioral interview. They were just wanting to know me, my experience, and how I would handle certain situations in the future. Be prepared for those behavioral questions.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   View Answer

Connection Center Interview

Connection Center
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in October 2013.

Interview Details – Met with assistant manager, charter associate, manager in training and finally HR rep who presented me with offer.

Interview Question – Normal behavioral interview, tell me a time when you encountered a major problem at work with a co-worker, what happened and what was the end resolution.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation at all. Based on qualifying experiences. 20 years of experience started me off at level 5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sam's Club