Sam's Club

Relevance Date Difficulty

Checkout Supervisor, COS Interview

Checkout Supervisor, COS
Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in September 2012.

Interview Details – The first interview will be conducted by a hourly supervisor. They typically ask five questions pertaining to the competencies defined in the job description. If you recieve a high enough rating on your answers you will be interviewed by a salaried member of management. After that step you will have a background check and drug screen.

Interview Question – The questions are simple but they are five part situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This is what we will pay you, take it or leave it.

Murrieta, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in September 2013.

Interview Details – I went through 4 interviews, proceeding up the chain of command until I met with and was hired by the store manager him self. Require to take and pass a drug test to be officially offered the position. 20 hours of paid training are given before being put on the floor.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had difficulty dealing with an issue. Who was involved and how did you solve it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered $1 per hour more than I had asked for, so there wasn't much to negotiate.

Interviewed at Sam's Club

Interview Details – Easy interview. Process took about 2 weeks for me to be hired and to start training.

Interview Question – How would you convince me to buy something from you?   Answer Question

Wireless Interview

Wireless
Louisville, KY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in October 2010.

Interview Details – I transferred into this position as a supervisor. I did not get interviewed for it, but I actually gave the interviews for all front end spots in my old club. A lot of the time your questions are very basic, "give a specific example of working in a group to achieve a goal". That being said, a lot of the time we are interviewing young adults right out of high school who have no or negligible work experience. This means that for the most part if you look physically capable and seem competent (it is a member driven business, and member relations and sales capabilities matter) you wont have a hard time getting on.

Interview Question – If we were unsure on a potential higher, we might ask them to "sell us a pen". This pushes a lot of people out of their comfort zone in an already nerve wracking situation (again, typically someones first ever interview), but gives us a solid understanding of the person we are talking to.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You are not able to negotiate very much with Sam's. There is a fairly rigid pay structure for standard roles (cashier, stocker, etc)

Membership Associate Interview

Membership Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details – It was ok i had 3 interviews asking about previous jobs different situation and how you deal with it

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details – 3 interviews 1 week apart.

Interview Question – How can you be an asset to the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Tire & Battery Tech Interview

Tire & Battery Tech

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details – The hiring process consists of 3 separate 1 on 1 interviews all in one day over a 3 hr time period. Then drug test and orientation.

Interview Question – The interviews are very straight forward. Most questions are about availability.   Answer Question

Mobile Sales Associate Interview

Mobile Sales Associate
Charlotte, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2010.

Interview Details – I started out as a cashier. There was a series of 3 interviews. The 1st was with a supervisor. They asked basic personality questions like what would you do in certain situations. The second interview was with an associate manager. They basically went over the job description and asked more personality questions. The 3rd interview was with the General Manager. Was basically an ice breaker so he could get to know me.

Interview Question – The questions were fairly easy to answer. This is only a retail job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate my pay based on previous experience.

Produce Associate Interview

Produce Associate
Linden, NJ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2013.

Interview Details – no not a good interview process do not ask if you done this job before and do not tell you how to do the job no help from manager just here it Is go to it. no one will help you at all. manager will lie to you all day long and so will produce lead also no help at all run from this job. too much work fore no money.

Interview Question – can you work all the time   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Pharmacy Technician

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a phone call from the person offering the position. We set up an interview for the next day. The interview was very typical and I was told what to expect, job duties, anticipated amount of hours and other basic information. After we completed the 5 or so interview questions, I was told that I would be called in a few days if we were going to go forward with the job offer. Sure enough, a few days later, I receive a phone call and I now need to go in and get the new hire process started.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to change around plans when something unexpected occurred.   Answer Question
  • Describe how you have taken the lead to get a particular job done. (Doesn't have to come from a job, could be personal, school, etc.)   Answer Question
  • Describe a time when you performed excellent customer service (if no work experience, can apply to other aspects of life)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was told base pay, then certain amount is added for each year of retail experience you own, then the network differential is added. You don't get a say but it is pretty much based on experience.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sam's Club