Sam's Club

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Membership Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in July 2013.

Interview Details – 3 total interviews, make it through the first two and you will have a job. Third "interview" is paperwork signing and a chance for the club manager to meet you.
1) Supervisor
2) Assistant Manager
3) Club Manager

Interview Question – Role Play, asked to sell a credit card.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate pay rate, was able to easily adjust my availability.

Membership Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details – It was ok i had 3 interviews asking about previous jobs different situation and how you deal with it

Riverdale, UT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in November 2008.

Interview Details – My interview was almost five years ago, so I don't remember a lot. Application is online. I got a call to interview for a Jewelry Sales Associate (my original position) and interviewed with the lead of that area, then interviewed with a manager. My third "interview" was really a job offer. Drug test was required, and it had to be done that day. (If I remember right)

Interview Question – I don't remember any specific questions. They were very run-of-the-mill I believe.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Fargo, ND

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in September 2010.

Interview Details – General interview process including a scripted interview.

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Milwaukee, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2010.

Interview Details – Set for over an hour before someone interviewed me because they were "so busy". Interview lasted 10 minutes then I had a second interview right away with a manager & got hired on the spot. Questions were basic like any other sales interview.

Interview Question – How would you sell a membership to someone?   Answer Question

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2011.

Interview Details – I had a 1:1 interview with a female and it was the basic "senerio" interview. She asked me to tell her about a time i made a mistake and how did i fix it. And the interview took about 5 mins. Then i had a second interview the same day with a male and it was basically about my previous job experience.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when you worked on a project in a short amount of time, and how did you finish it?   View Answer

Membership Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online, a few days later I was called to set up a interview. I was first interviewes by two managers. Easy comfortable interview. They said they would call me to schedule a 2nd interview,I was contacted a week later, met with the previous two managers from before, and then the general manager came to do a final interview, about 15 minutes.

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult task, how did you handle it, what skills did you use, and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me the job at the membership counter on spot Monday and i accepted. I had to go take a drug test tuesday, they called me that Friday, and I started Monday.

West Jordan, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in August 2010.

Interview Details – I arrived and asked for who had called me and she took a little while to come and get me but when she did we went into a room and she asked maybe six questions that required very in depth answers about how i handled different situations at previous jobs. And at the end she told me when she was planning on calling me back .

Interview Question – Talk about a time when you resolved a conflict and followed all the rules.   View Answer

Membership Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in January 2008.

Interview Details – Basically interviewed with COS and then with Department Manager

Interview Question – Tell three things about yourself that needs improvement.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sam's Club

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sam's Club Membership Associate interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sam's Club employees and interview candidates.