Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sam's Club
- Cashier (127)
- Cafe Associate (21)
- Assistant Manager (18)
- Front End Cashier (17)
- Sales Associate (17)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (13)
- Membership Associate (13)
- Checkout Supervisor, COS (10)
- Cart Attendant (8)
- Tire Technician (6)
- Cart Associate (5)
- Connection Center (5)
- Meat Cutter (5)
- Electronic Sales Associate (5)
- Overnight Stocker (4)
- Pharmacy Technician (4)
- Manager In Training (4)
- Night Merchandiser (4)
- Member Service Supervisor (4)
- Member Services Associate (4)
- Tire & Battery Tech (3)
- Overnight Merchandiser (3)
- Member Service Cashier (3)
- Store Manager (3)
- Photo Technician (3)
- Produce Associate (3)
- Club Manager (3)
- Wireless Sales Consultant (3)
- Member Services Representative (3)
- Meat Wrapper (2)
Overnight Merchandiser Interview
I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sam's Club.
The interview was actually easy. The overnight manager was a laid back, good guy at the time. He just asked questions from a sheet (nothing outlandish, just basic interview questions. I'm sure everyone gets the same ones) and once the interview was over, I was told immediately when I would start.
- What was one of the times you dealt with a difficult situation and how did you overcome it? Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Sam's Club
Overnight Merchandiser InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Covington, LA) in July 2013.
First it started with waiting 30 minutes for the manager to interview me. We wound up doing it in the cafe surrounded by people. He was hardly paying any attention and kept pausing to talk on the radio. Simple questions like why do you want to work here and what's your past job experience and can you complete all tasks that are required of you.
- Why do you want to work here? Answer Question
Overnight Merchandiser InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Mishawaka, IN).
Consist of 5 areas customer service, integrity, independence, team work, and dependability. Questions are based on terms and have two questions that they choose from. Questions are rated by needs improvement, below expectations, solid, above expectations, exceeds expectations. If hireable they will grab a manger right then.
- it really depends on the person you interview with. some will just read off the paper and not be personable at all. some will ask "why you want to work for the company" "what do you have to off the company" etc. Answer Question
there's not negotiations. everything is based on work history and rate of pay for the job.