Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Sam's Club
- Cashier (126)
- Cafe Associate (21)
- Assistant Manager (18)
- Sales Associate (17)
- Front End Cashier (16)
- Membership Associate (13)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (12)
- Checkout Supervisor, COS (10)
- Cart Attendant (8)
- Tire Technician (6)
- Cart Associate (5)
- Connection Center (5)
- Meat Cutter (5)
- Electronic Sales Associate (5)
- Overnight Stocker (4)
- Pharmacy Technician (4)
- Manager In Training (4)
- Night Merchandiser (4)
- Member Service Supervisor (4)
- Member Services Associate (4)
- Tire & Battery Tech (3)
- Overnight Merchandiser (3)
- Member Service Cashier (3)
- Store Manager (3)
- Photo Technician (3)
- Produce Associate (3)
- Club Manager (3)
- Wireless Sales Consultant (3)
- Member Services Representative (3)
- Meat Wrapper (2)
Pharmacy Technician Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Temple, TX) in January 2015.
One on one with the hiring associate and then with the pharmacist. Very laid back and informal. The questions were not off the wall, just generic interview questions. As long as you can answer them sufficiently you'll be fine.
- The whole list of traditional questions, nothing out of the ordinary Answer Question
Other Interview Reviews for Sam's Club
Pharmacy Technician InterviewAccepted OfferPositive Experience
I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sam's Club.
I applied online and received a phone call from the person offering the position. We set up an interview for the next day. The interview was very typical and I was told what to expect, job duties, anticipated amount of hours and other basic information. After we completed the 5 or so interview questions, I was told that I would be called in a few days if we were going to go forward with the job offer. Sure enough, a few days later, I receive a phone call and I now need to go in and get the new hire process started.
- Describe a time when you had to change around plans when something unexpected occurred. Answer Question
- Describe how you have taken the lead to get a particular job done. (Doesn't have to come from a job, could be personal, school, etc.) Answer Question
- Describe a time when you performed excellent customer service (if no work experience, can apply to other aspects of life) Answer Question
I was told base pay, then certain amount is added for each year of retail experience you own, then the network differential is added. You don't get a say but it is pretty much based on experience.
Pharmacy Technician InterviewAccepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2012.
Had a interview with a store manager and the pharmacy manager, really detailed to generic questions. Application was online, questionaire was annoying.
- Explain a difficult situation in the workplace. Answer Question
Pharmacy Technician InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sam's Club.
standard I guess, I found out through a friend they were hiring, when I called they instructed me to come in and fill an application out at the kiosk so I did. They called me to set up and interview so with in a few days I came in. I had an interview with a COS (the cashier supervisor) and then a very brief interview with the pharmacy manager.
- there wasn't any, the pharmacy manager said that this was his first interview because the store manager was supposed to do this but was not available, so there was no difficult questions. Answer Question
I wasn't in much of a position to bargain, I needed a job. It was a beginning hourly at $10 and I needed anything. The only thing is that I was hired full time, but after almost 2 weeks (which was considered a training period) I was cut 2-3 hours, just enough to make me part time, so I had wait an entire year for health insurance.