Sam's Club

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Replenishment Interview

Replenishment

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2011.

Interview Details – So I was recruited to apply for a position within the company. My first interview went off without a hitch! It was absolutely great. I can honestly say it was one of the most laid back interviews that I have ever had. No intimidation tatics or anything. Then came the second interview. First of all I played email tag for at least two to three days to set up a second interview, which was a major turnoff.

The work culture seemed to be laid back yet professional. The office is still pretty new with state of the art bells and whistles! And everyone I encountered was very pleasant.

Finally the big day came. The person interviewing me had absolutely zero personality. Her persona was that "I have more important things to do than interview potential candidates." As we walked to the elevator I tried to break up the silence by a friendly ice breaker about the weather which led to no where. And as we waited for the elevator, which took FOREVER. There was absolutely no talking. I wasn't sure if it was some type of interview tatic or if the just wasn't interested.

The interview was behavioral based...tell me about a time when. After the interview was over I didn't know what to think. An inapproiate comment was made about my resume that was completely absurd by one of the interviewers and the same interview badgered me about one question. I would answer the question and I guess it wasn't the response he was looking for so he rephrased it. This went on for like 2 minutes (which is a long time in interview land).

I was told they would have a decision by the end of the week which was the next day. Because it was a short week due to a holiday, I decided I would wait until Monday to call if I hadn't heard anything. I followed all the proper protocol post interview. Monday morning came and I had not heard anything so I called. I was told I would hear something soon. The call never came and I never bothered calling back.

After all the time and email tag I went through to get the interviews set up when I was the one recruited left a bad taste in my mouth. And each time I was given a deadline about hearing something back I never did. I decided If the hiring managers couldn't do the bare minimum and follow up and keep their word I didn't want to work for them. If you can email me about interviewing and follow up early on then there is no excuse as to why it didn't happen in the end. Esp. when they all have blackberrys.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you were faced with an ethical dilemma and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!