Sam's Club

2.3

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club in June 2013.

I put in an application and was called back the same day for an interview. I met three different people and they all asked me the same basic questions. I was hired that same day and so was everyone else I talked to. They like to insist the process is longer, it's not. They ask you questions and lead you to the right answers because they just want to hire a warm body. They do not care about the quality of their employees. If you have a heartbeat and pass a drug test, they're hiring you. I'm not even sure if some of the people I worked with passed the drug test, to be honest. They hired some of the most incompetent people I'd ever met.

Interview Questions
  • The most difficult question I was asked was the classic, "At your last job, when a customer was unhappy, how did you deal with that?" That's pretty much as hard as it gets. They ask for two references, check your identity, drug test you, and you're hired.   View Answer
I told the woman what the pay at my last job was, 9.50, and I told her I wanted more than that. She offered me 10.90 easily. The negotiation was so easy I wish I'd asked for more. I noticed that more articulate people got better pay, regardless of age or experience. A woman who was twice my age, but not as articulate made two dollars less an hour than I did. I barely negotiated and got good pay. I have to think that only people that don't negotiate were given only a little more than minimum wage.

Other Interview Reviews for Sam's Club

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Ask very easy questions with no right/wrong answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sam's Club in June 2012.

After a very thorough review of my Current and previous jobs. I was told what was expected of me, and asked to tell what actions I would take in different scenarios. Then asked to make an attempt to sell my interviewer any random object I saw. Following, I was given a written quiz and informed about the many benefits to becoming an employee. This included a memebership to sam's club, profit sharing, bonuses, and full benefits after a yr with regular raises at different intervals whether I was promoted to a new position or not. Then I was asked to go through a second interview with a new manager following a similar but still pointedly different path. The scenarios and quiz were basically different. After getting approval from both personnel, I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • If hired, What role do you see yourself in a year from now?   View Answer
    Although there was a window to negotiate, I found the offer more than generous, being two dollars more than my asking price on the application. I'd never considered I could start as a cashier at $10 with no retail exerience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Juan, PR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club in January 2012.

I was called for a interview 2 days after submitting my online application, HR rep. was very nice on the phone. The day of the interview they had me wait for one and a half hour in the lunch room. It was a panel interview, lots of situation questions, how did you react to this, how did u resolve that and why. While I was aswering one of the 3 ladies took note, one just stared at me and the other couldn't care less.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have a assigment in your last job that you needed to get info you dont know about and you dont have in hand? What were the results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club in June 2011.

Submitted application and 30 days later got a call to come in for an interview. 3 interviews one after another. First interview was with a lead,who asked several question, the the second was with a Manager, All questions were relatively simple if had ever had another job.
    Last one was with the Store manager and asked primarily about availability. Took maybe an hour at the most

Interview Questions
    • What did you do to to assist an angry customer and where you successful?   Answer Question
    No negotiation possible, take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in October 2010.

Interviewers were nice employees the management were great also
    Several questions on what would you do

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation on we're you we're able to help a person   View Answer
    • Describe a moment were you felt like you could not help a person and why?   View Answer
    Their offer was great

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

The process took a dayinterviewed at Sam's Club in May 2010.

I was asked 5 pages of, what did you do when questions. The questions all applied to previous work experience and how you handled the situation. When you go in think of all the ways you dealt with co-workers,customers,deadlines,policies you did not agree with.Try to answer quickly,without lying. good luck

Interview Questions
    • What policy did you not agree with, at any prior job.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linden, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Linden, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in January 2010.

Three interviews, the first one with a store associate, the second one with a supervisor, and the last one with the manager... The first 2 interviews were almost the same thing, the last one was just agreement for drug test, hours and stuff like that..

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anderson, IN

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club in July 2009.

Three part interview process. Basically asked simple questions about how you would handle certain situations during work hours.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a conflict at work and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club in January 2007.

An interview with 3 mangers in one day. Simple questions asked, like "What would you do in X situation?"

Interview Questions
    Good college job, decent pay.