Sam's Club

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Waukesha, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2011.

Interview Details – Submitted application and 30 days later got a call to come in for an interview. 3 interviews one after another. First interview was with a lead,who asked several question, the the second was with a Manager, All questions were relatively simple if had ever had another job.
Last one was with the Store manager and asked primarily about availability. Took maybe an hour at the most

Interview Question – What did you do to to assist an angry customer and where you successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible, take it or leave it

Baton Rouge, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview Details – Ask very easy questions with no right/wrong answer.

Interview Question – Most were by the book and was expected   Answer Question

Eagan, MN

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Sam's Club in June 2012.

Interview Details – After a very thorough review of my Current and previous jobs. I was told what was expected of me, and asked to tell what actions I would take in different scenarios. Then asked to make an attempt to sell my interviewer any random object I saw. Following, I was given a written quiz and informed about the many benefits to becoming an employee. This included a memebership to sam's club, profit sharing, bonuses, and full benefits after a yr with regular raises at different intervals whether I was promoted to a new position or not. Then I was asked to go through a second interview with a new manager following a similar but still pointedly different path. The scenarios and quiz were basically different. After getting approval from both personnel, I was offered a position.

Interview Question – If hired, What role do you see yourself in a year from now?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Although there was a window to negotiate, I found the offer more than generous, being two dollars more than my asking price on the application. I'd never considered I could start as a cashier at $10 with no retail exerience.

San Juan, PR

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was called for a interview 2 days after submitting my online application, HR rep. was very nice on the phone. The day of the interview they had me wait for one and a half hour in the lunch room. It was a panel interview, lots of situation questions, how did you react to this, how did u resolve that and why. While I was aswering one of the 3 ladies took note, one just stared at me and the other couldn't care less.

Interview Question – Did you ever have a assigment in your last job that you needed to get info you dont know about and you dont have in hand? What were the results?   Answer Question

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewers were nice employees the management were great also
Several questions on what would you do

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation on we're you we're able to help a person   View Answer
  • Describe a moment were you felt like you could not help a person and why?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Their offer was great

Anderson, IN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Sam's Club in July 2009.

Interview Details – Three part interview process. Basically asked simple questions about how you would handle certain situations during work hours.

Interview Question – Have you ever had a conflict at work and how did you handle it?   View Answer

Sarasota, FL

The process took a day - interviewed at Sam's Club in May 2010.

Interview Details – I was asked 5 pages of, what did you do when questions. The questions all applied to previous work experience and how you handled the situation. When you go in think of all the ways you dealt with co-workers,customers,deadlines,policies you did not agree with.Try to answer quickly,without lying. good luck

Interview Question – What policy did you not agree with, at any prior job.   View Answer

Linden, NJ

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in January 2010.

Interview Details – Three interviews, the first one with a store associate, the second one with a supervisor, and the last one with the manager... The first 2 interviews were almost the same thing, the last one was just agreement for drug test, hours and stuff like that..

Interview Question – Why you want to work for Sams club   Answer Question

Akron, OH

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in January 2007.

Interview Details – An interview with 3 mangers in one day. Simple questions asked, like "What would you do in X situation?"

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Good college job, decent pay.

Sales Associate

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Sam's Club in March 2009.

Interview Details – Very easy. actively looking for another employment opportunity bc this is by far the worst job i have ever had. Management is vastly ignorant, and they wonder why the store is last in the market.

Interview Question – Why do u want to work here   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sam's Club

Worked for Sam's Club? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Sam's Club Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Sam's Club employees and interview candidates.