Sam's Club Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Sam's Club (San Diego, CA).

Interview

It took a long time. The managers and supervisors were both late to the interview. It is very scripted as well. The second interview I did with the company was pathetic. It was very scripted and then I was told they were still doing interviews and that I'd hear back later. The next day I found out I was supposed to have my second interview but no one ever communicated that to me.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to complete a big project? what did you do to complete it? how did it turn out?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sam's Club

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

Answered some questions and was able to meet some managers and got to meet two interviewers on one day then met the other manager the next day for interview. then was able to take a drug test and then meet for a orientation later on the week

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Sam's Club.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to the interview. The HR person who was supposed to interview me never showed, so someone from the backery conducted the interview. They weren't even from the department that I applied to. I was asked a lot of long winded, complicated questions read off a sheet about past experiences working with people. The interview was conducted in the heating room. I got no call back, even though they said that they would. Do not apply here. They will waste your time.

Interview Questions

• It was a paragraph about what was a time that I had to work with someone who was difficult and how did i handle it, in a nutshell.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sam's Club (Mansfield, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I put in an application and was called back the same day for an interview. I met three different people and they all asked me the same basic questions. I was hired that same day and so was everyone else I talked to. They like to insist the process is longer, it's not. They ask you questions and lead you to the right answers because they just want to hire a warm body. They do not care about the quality of their employees. If you have a heartbeat and pass a drug test, they're hiring you. I'm not even sure if some of the people I worked with passed the drug test, to be honest. They hired some of the most incompetent people I'd ever met.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question I was asked was the classic, "At your last job, when a customer was unhappy, how did you deal with that?" That's pretty much as hard as it gets. They ask for two references, check your identity, drug test you, and you're hired.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told the woman what the pay at my last job was, 9.50, and I told her I wanted more than that. She offered me 10.90 easily. The negotiation was so easy I wish I'd asked for more. I noticed that more articulate people got better pay, regardless of age or experience. A woman who was twice my age, but not as articulate made two dollars less an hour than I did. I barely negotiated and got good pay. I have to think that only people that don't negotiate were given only a little more than minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club (Baton Rouge, LA).

Interview

Ask very easy questions with no right/wrong answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eagan, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Sam's Club (Eagan, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

After a very thorough review of my Current and previous jobs. I was told what was expected of me, and asked to tell what actions I would take in different scenarios. Then asked to make an attempt to sell my interviewer any random object I saw. Following, I was given a written quiz and informed about the many benefits to becoming an employee. This included a memebership to sam's club, profit sharing, bonuses, and full benefits after a yr with regular raises at different intervals whether I was promoted to a new position or not. Then I was asked to go through a second interview with a new manager following a similar but still pointedly different path. The scenarios and quiz were basically different. After getting approval from both personnel, I was offered a position.

Interview Questions

• If hired, What role do you see yourself in a year from now?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Although there was a window to negotiate, I found the offer more than generous, being two dollars more than my asking price on the application. I'd never considered I could start as a cashier at $10 with no retail exerience.

Anonymous Employee in San Juan, PR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sam's Club (San Juan, PR) in January 2012.

Interview

I was called for a interview 2 days after submitting my online application, HR rep. was very nice on the phone. The day of the interview they had me wait for one and a half hour in the lunch room. It was a panel interview, lots of situation questions, how did you react to this, how did u resolve that and why. While I was aswering one of the 3 ladies took note, one just stared at me and the other couldn't care less.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a assigment in your last job that you needed to get info you dont know about and you dont have in hand? What were the results?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sam's Club (Waukesha, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

Submitted application and 30 days later got a call to come in for an interview. 3 interviews one after another. First interview was with a lead,who asked several question, the the second was with a Manager, All questions were relatively simple if had ever had another job.
    Last one was with the Store manager and asked primarily about availability. Took maybe an hour at the most

Interview Questions

• What did you do to to assist an angry customer and where you successful?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation possible, take it or leave it

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Sam's Club (Houston, TX) in October 2010.

Interview

Interviewers were nice employees the management were great also
    Several questions on what would you do

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation on we're you we're able to help a person   1 Answer
    • Describe a moment were you felt like you could not help a person and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Their offer was great

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sarasota, FL

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Sam's Club (Sarasota, FL) in May 2010.

Interview

I was asked 5 pages of, what did you do when questions. The questions all applied to previous work experience and how you handled the situation. When you go in think of all the ways you dealt with co-workers,customers,deadlines,policies you did not agree with.Try to answer quickly,without lying. good luck

Interview Questions

• What policy did you not agree with, at any prior job.   1 Answer