Samba Financial

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Interview

Dammam (Saudi Arabia)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Samba Financial.

Interview Details – She didn't know she had a scheduled interview. Poor communication between the Regional Office and Branch. Interview was in Arabic and English. At one point, she asked a question in English, so as I started to answer in English. She cut me off, and demanded an answer in Arabic. Not prepared. Asks pointless questions.

Interview Question – For the define your major question, she wants more than a definition, a two page recitation would do it.   Answer Question

Vice President SALES Interview

Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Samba Financial in March 2012.

Interview Details – Job offered by regional manager, interviewed by a director at lahore office followed by a phone interview with the departments country head.

Interview Question – how would you achieve the target given to you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Targets too high

Transactor Interview

Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Samba Financial in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was referred to this job by a friend who was leaving the firm to pursue his MBA. Initially the Head of Investment Banking contacted and had a detailed discussion. This was followed by phone interviews with other members of the team. Later I had a 1:1 interview with the Head of Investment Banking and was informed that I have been selected for the spot. However, they were not able to take the discussion forward since they were facing issues in securing work permits for people from Pakistan.

Interview Question – Why would leave your current job to move to Saudi Arabia?   Answer Question

Risk Management Interview

Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Samba Financial in May 2010.

Interview Details – I received a call from a recruitment agency about an opening in Samba. I was interviewed by two people at the recruitment agency, and they told me they will forward my application to Samba. After 2 days, i received a call from the bank for a scheduled interview. 4 interviews were conducted with 4 different people and the outcome was positive. I was called after 3 days and was given the offer. joined the bank after 2 days. I would say the hiring process was exceptionally quick this time.

Interview Questions

• Who is the bank's chairman?   View Answer
  • Are you planning to stay with the bank for the next 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – When presented with an offer, usually it goes by the level you are being hired. For each level there is a minimum, middle, and upper threshold. You will always be given the minimum of that level. If the department who needs you really find you valuable, then you can ask for a better offer, which can be arranged within the given threshold.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Samba Financial? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Samba Financial interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Samba Financial employees and interview candidates.