Samsung Austin Semiconductor Engineer I Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2014

2.2

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Engineer I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

I went thru a typical entry level interview. which consist of panel interview with engineering manages and HR rep. asked about typical semiconductor process and behavior interview questions. Got a phone call after 2 days about an offer. All entry engineers get the same pay.

Interview Questions
All entry engineers get the same offer

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in August 2010.

Usually you will get a phone interview, then personal and group interview with several managers. You will usually also be given a tour of the fab and be treated to a lunch/reception. In time of urgent need for new employees this might be shortened to one interview on-site with a lunch and tour.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation - take it or leave it. Offers are usually very competitive with very good benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in July 2010.

The phone interview was very basic. What do you know about Samsung? What are your hobbies? Nothing technical. The group interview was informal. It was with an HR representative and two Senior Engineers. They also asked very basic questions. What was your favorite class? What group situations have you worked in? Any experience with public presentations? Have you been in any disputes with people you worked in groups with? All very standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a technical problem you solved from start to finish.   Answer Question

Engineer I Interview

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in April 2011.

behavioral interview, did a dinner with the managers the night before. A lot of tours and presentations. One panel interview and another group activity. Tour of the fab, and facilities. Tour of the city.

Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in October 2009.

When I met the interviewer, he was very nice and mainly asked me personal questions such as why I want to work for Samsung and where I saw myself after five years. He also asked about why I should be hired and what aspects of the company I really liked and disliked. The reason why I was not offered the position was because they had a "hiring freeze" a week after my interview. I wish that they told me this before even going through with the interview in the first place.

Engineer I Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in October 2009.

Flew me out to Austin and put me up in a hotel for 2 nights. First day was just dinner at a nice restaurant and talking to us about Samsung. Second day was a full day of interviews and showing us around town. At night they let us go downtown and experience the night life scene.

Interviews consisted of a panel of 3 interviewers asking behavioral questions. Then we had a little group exercise where we were given a scenario and we (interviewees) had to work as a group. Finally a technical interview from one of the engineers.

Interview Questions
    • A group of us interviewees were given a scenario where we had to discuss as a group and make certain decisions about how best to solve the problem in the scenario.   Answer Question