Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Updated Jul 21, 2014

2.9

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

During the interview process, each candidate interviews first with one of the 3-4 recruiters at the company for 30 minutes. The recruiter will collect all paperwork, then answer questions about benefits. After that, the interviews are "Panel type" where 3-4 people will meet with each person for one hour. Expect there to be at least 2 of these. After that, the recruiter will call and make an offer if the team likes you. Background/Drug Screen, Hire date.

Interview Questions
  • Describe in as much detail as possible the most technical thing you understand.   View Answer
They make an initial offer very close to what the final will be. There isn't much room to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in November 2013.

Had multiple phone interviews, then in person interview with HR, then panel interview with multiple supervisors & team members. The interview was primarily behavioral, with surprisingly little concentration on technical matters.

The long hours involved were mentioned multiple times, and when combined with the stories told to me by former employees, it was clear that there is no such thing as work-life balance there. My discussions with HR regarding compensation indicate that I would be taking a pretty severe cut in $/hr, even if I got a significant overall increase in salary.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever missed a deadline, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in February 2012.

I emailed Samsung my resume and was given an over the phone interview the next day. I was then invited to an informative meeting and then dinner with other engineers working at the company. The next day was the interview where we were first given lunch and a tour of the facilities. The interview then consisted of a group interview where they tested our collaboration skills and a personal interview with two interviewers. I was very pleased with the way they conducted the interview and would recommend the company to anyone looking to apply.

Interview Questions
    • What are you looking to get from the company and how do you plan to give back?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in February 2011.

Overall a good interview experience. Employees were welcoming and provided a fair amount of detailed information about the company. Interview consisted of a group/panel interview and a team exercise. Interview was not very technically-intensive and was more centered around soft skills. For new grads, a lot of studying is not needed to be successful in an interview with Samsung, I would recommend thinking of examples where you work well with others as a good way of preparing for this interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in working in semiconductor manufacturing?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in December 2010.

Had a phone interview and an onsite interview and then received a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in March 2010.

I spoke with a Samsung employee at our University Career Fair and gave them my resume. Around 3 weeks later I recieved a phone interview. It was a simple interview asking about myself and my resume. At the end of the interview I was ask to apply online for the position. A few days later I received a phone call asking if I was able to attend an office visist. At the office visit, I was give a tour of Austin, a manager presentation, a panel interview, and a group problem solving interview. Two weeks later I received an offer

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of an ethical problem you have encountered and how you handled it   Answer Question
    Samsung's beginning offer was very generous and one of the top offer I have seen.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in June 2008.

FIrst, phone interview was done to invite people to their FAB. Panel interviews were done, a group of people just interviewing you, mainly asking you behaviorial questions. THen group interviews were done - a panel just watches you while you figure out a problem.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in March 2012.

Phone interview.
    Several easy questions about memory and digital circuit.

Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in May 2011.

I was recommended by a second party. The job I was interviewing for was for process and equipment engineer. The interview was pleasant. I was qualified for a different engineering position but I was not interested in that job. I was asked sereval situation questions.

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in April 2011.

First interview was with three managers. Mixture of behavioral and technical questions.

Interview Questions
    None. Good initial offer.