Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Jul 6, 2015

2.8

CORP Program Interview

Interview

First I got a call and then was invited to an onsite interview process. The phone interview was only 15 minutes. The onsite interview was 5 hours. Onsite interview consist of learning about SAS, toured the Facility and then interviewed in front of 3 people, one HR person, and two engineers.

Interview Questions

• What would you do when you didn't know how to complete your task?   1 Answer

CORP Entry Level Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume to a friend who works within the company and they submitted my resume to a recruiter who then contacted me. Phone call consisted of basic questions and will be brought in for a formal interview.

Equipment Engineer Interview

Interview

Quick interview about 30 min and then assured me that I would get a call back that week. Made a decent offer and started working about a month later. Immediately get benefits and they like to cater food for all training or hiring events.

Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview

I went thru a typical entry level interview. which consist of panel interview with engineering manages and HR rep. asked about typical semiconductor process and behavior interview questions. Got a phone call after 2 days about an offer. All entry engineers get the same pay.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

All entry engineers get the same offer

Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview

The interview is designed to see how you handle pressure and the unique culture clash in the company. SAS focus how well you work in a group setting and whether you will listen to orders. Military experience are best.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your manager ask you to do a job which cannot be completed in the time given?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Most new college grads get the same pay no matter your GPA or School. However, if you say that you have a competitive offer from another company they will raise the offer by 2000 dollars.

Corp Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

First was a general HR phone interview. Some basics such as location and about some stuff on the resume. Then was invited for a second round on site interview. The second round interview was preceded the previous day by a dinner at their expense. Then when interview day arrived we were scheduled to 1 group interview, 1 one to one interview, and a couple of tours.

Interview Questions

• Not too bad on questions. Some of them are general HR question. For ex: Tell me about a time where you had conflict in your group and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in December 2013.

Interview

It is basically research oriented question. He asked about the MSI, MOESI and some about the onwer state.

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Simulation language syntax for Hspice and verilog A. Circuit characters. Timing, power trade off in design. C++ and script syntax. Data structure question for hash sorting, binary search, link list and black red tree.

Corp Engineer Interview

Interview

Starts out by information session and then a dinner. The second day consist of being interviewed by to different panels of supervisors, group project and tour of the facility. The question consist of behavioral questions and some technical to figure out how you approached the problem and solved.

Interview Questions

• What would be the best area for you to work in. Hard to say coming out of college and not knowing exactly which area you want to focus on right away. The CORP helps you to figure out which area is best for you but to answer it during an interview is difficult.   Answer Question

Engineering Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Seattle, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

Two engineers from different departments. Both were friendly and were more interested in making sure that we kept talking and not just waiting for them to engage in their questions with small answers.

Interview Questions

• It was all pretty basic , nothing like i thought it would be. Just career goals and past experiences   1 Answer

Negotiation

it was them telling me what I would make, take it or leave it