Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.8

CORP Program Interview

First I got a call and then was invited to an onsite interview process. The phone interview was only 15 minutes. The onsite interview was 5 hours. Onsite interview consist of learning about SAS, toured the Facility and then interviewed in front of 3 people, one HR person, and two engineers.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do when you didn't know how to complete your task?   View Answer

CORP Entry Level Interview

I submitted my resume to a friend who works within the company and they submitted my resume to a recruiter who then contacted me. Phone call consisted of basic questions and will be brought in for a formal interview.

Equipment Engineer Interview

Quick interview about 30 min and then assured me that I would get a call back that week. Made a decent offer and started working about a month later. Immediately get benefits and they like to cater food for all training or hiring events.

Corp Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in October 2012.

First was a general HR phone interview. Some basics such as location and about some stuff on the resume. Then was invited for a second round on site interview.

The second round interview was preceded the previous day by a dinner at their expense. Then when interview day arrived we were scheduled to 1 group interview, 1 one to one interview, and a couple of tours.

Interview Questions
    • Not too bad on questions. Some of them are general HR question. For ex: Tell me about a time where you had conflict in your group and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Engineer III Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

The interview is designed to see how you handle pressure and the unique culture clash in the company. SAS focus how well you work in a group setting and whether you will listen to orders. Military experience are best.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your manager ask you to do a job which cannot be completed in the time given?   Answer Question
    Most new college grads get the same pay no matter your GPA or School. However, if you say that you have a competitive offer from another company they will raise the offer by 2000 dollars.

Functional and Performance Modeling Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in December 2013.

It is basically research oriented question. He asked about the MSI, MOESI and some about the onwer state.

Engineer I Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

I went thru a typical entry level interview. which consist of panel interview with engineering manages and HR rep. asked about typical semiconductor process and behavior interview questions. Got a phone call after 2 days about an offer. All entry engineers get the same pay.

Interview Questions
    All entry engineers get the same offer

Design Engineer Interview

Simulation language syntax for Hspice and verilog A. Circuit characters. Timing, power trade off in design. C++ and script syntax. Data structure question for hash sorting, binary search, link list and black red tree.

Engineering Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in May 2011.

Two engineers from different departments. Both were friendly and were more interested in making sure that we kept talking and not just waiting for them to engage in their questions with small answers.

Interview Questions
    • It was all pretty basic , nothing like i thought it would be. Just career goals and past experiences   View Answer
    it was them telling me what I would make, take it or leave it

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in August 2009.

Contacted by samsung through a technical recruiter for interview. Single interview with managers not associated with HR or position interviewing for. Very job-mill: lines of people waiting to enter a little room to answer questions that the interviewers did not themselves understand. Offered position within 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • Questions largely social and personal. No appropriate technical questions asked. Distinct sense that actual qualification did not matter.   Answer Question
    Samsung stated offer would be revoked if negotiation was attempted.