Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Getting the Interview

55 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

CORP Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in August 2013.

Interview Details – Starts with a phone call from HR with some screening questions about your resume, work that you've done, especially teamwork. Afterwards, invited to info session with some other candidates on one day, then onsite interview panels and tour the next. The info session was very informative about the company, what they make, and some questions you will be asked. Next day, interview on-location with two panels. One for why you want to work there, and about yourself. The other about your senior design project you completed. I was very happy to talk to both panels. Finally, wrap up with a tour from another entry-level engineer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Samsung and not one of its competitors?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You don't need to negotiate.

Senior Staff Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in November 2009.

Interview Details – Tough questions from some of the best engineers in the field. Long interview day, but learning goes both directions. Good energy and fun teams.

Interview Question – Are you familiar with the latest technology, <blah>? (Such as latest C++ language specs, hardware designs, etc)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was outstanding. No need to negotiate.

Engineering Technician Interview

Engineering Technician
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in March 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process took a little over 1 month. The interview process was pretty simple, if you have experience with troubleshooting electromechanical equipment. The Standard Interview questions were asked such as "What do you feel like you bring to a team" and the like. I was also asked what types of test equipment I had used in the past , basic electronic theory, as well as some mechanical questions. The interviewer then asked me to describe a couple of situations where I had to troubleshoot a serious problem.

Interview Question – Describe, in detail, a situation in which you had to troubleshoot a large scale electronic system problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They were very rigid on what they would offer.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Austin, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview Details – Internal posting then in-person interview

Interview Question – Why do you want this job? What makes you the best person out of all the other 30 resumes we received?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, I made a lateral move.

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Technician Interview

Engineering Technician
Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in August 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by samsung through a technical recruiter for interview. Single interview with managers not associated with HR or position interviewing for. Very job-mill: lines of people waiting to enter a little room to answer questions that the interviewers did not themselves understand. Offered position within 1 week.

Interview Question – Questions largely social and personal. No appropriate technical questions asked. Distinct sense that actual qualification did not matter.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Samsung stated offer would be revoked if negotiation was attempted.

Integration Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in November 2012.

Interview Details – I thought the team I interviewed was rather unfriendly - which is strange because I know a lot of people at Samsung that are really great and friendly to work with. Anyway, they wouldn't even introduce themselves before asking me questions - and one guy was like 'Is that all you did in your last job?'. Rude. So glad i didn't get the offer.

Interview Question – What is defined in a timing library file?   Answer Question

Corp Engineer Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in November 2012.

Interview Details – Started with phone screening and then invited for 2 day interview. First night was dinner with current employees followed by series of on site interviews the next day

Interview Question – Have you ever not met a deadline? How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Corp Engineer Program Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview Details – The interview process will split into 2 components. One was a panel interview that spanned from behavior questions to situational questions. The other component was a team exercise in which a couple of other interviewee's were teamed together to put together legos. This was a test of teamwork.

Interview Question – How have you applied your engineering education at home?   Answer Question

Corp Engineer Interview

Austin, TX

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in October 2012.

Interview Details – First was a general HR phone interview. Some basics such as location and about some stuff on the resume. Then was invited for a second round on site interview.

The second round interview was preceded the previous day by a dinner at their expense. Then when interview day arrived we were scheduled to 1 group interview, 1 one to one interview, and a couple of tours.

Interview Question – Not too bad on questions. Some of them are general HR question. For ex: Tell me about a time where you had conflict in your group and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Engineering Technician II Interview

Engineering Technician II
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in April 2008.

Interview Details – Applied for a job posting I found on the SAS website in the October / November time frame and received a call about the position in April the next year. After an initial phone call by the recruiter asking me if I was available for a formal phone interview, I was called back 1-2 hours later for the confrenced phone interview with the hiring manager. Later that same day the recruiter called back and said that they would like for me to come in. I lived out of town and I was offered to be flown in and expenses paid for to make the interview, but since I was within driving distance, I opted to drive and claim mileage and expenses instead. It was a 4 stage interview all by different people ranging from technicians to the hiring manager and the director of the department. 4 hours after the interview started I was out and received a phone call within the hour with a job offer.

Interview Question – Hiring manager asked me, "How does a toilet work?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I negotiated in starting date, travel, and moving bonus / package.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Samsung Austin Semiconductor