Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.8

Facilities Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, UT).

Interview

basic questions ask about my resume, especially my senior project

Interview Questions

• ask about my senior project and it takes me some time to explain it   Answer Question

Entry Level CORP Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied through my school's recruiting page for engineers. Within a week received emails from HR requesting a phone screen. Set it up for the following day. At the end of the screening I was invited to the 2-day interview process. Day 1 was a briefing of the interview process followed by dinner with many of the younger engineers and a few managers. Day 2 gave a more detailed briefing of SAS and what they actually do followed by the actual in person interviews. Two individual panels and a group panel. Individual panels - one was all about my senior design project; the other asked about team related situations. Group panel - simple observation by engineer and HR as they watch your team do a team building activity.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you motivated someone outside of school? Assume you're given 3 days to do a task you know takes a week (5 days) to do, how do you finish the task?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. Better offer than other companies. More than I will need fresh out of college.

Corp Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in March 2014.

Interview

First, a phone interview where the recruiter asked me some very basic questions. I was then invited to an onsite interview immediately on the phone. They take you out to dinner and the interview is the following morning. The onsite interview included a panel interview with HR, another panel interview where I presented my senior design project, and a team interview.

Interview Questions

• If there was a more efficient way to do something and your supervisor instructed you to complete the task using a method that is obviously less efficient, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

SAS seems to hire a large class of engineers, but manages to have very high turnover rates. They have a reputation for working there incoming engineers long hours and sometimes on odd shifts.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in February 2014.

Interview

Only Phone Interview, 3 inter views , questions related to masters thesis and work . I liked the way they did the interview, I really enjoyed talking to them. I was asked about the questions of my research work , publications. Nothing extra.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online site, They contacted me in 3 weeks. I got tow phone interviews and they made a decision in 1 week.

Functional and Performance Modeling Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in December 2013.

Interview

It is basically research oriented question. He asked about the MSI, MOESI and some about the onwer state.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Had multiple phone interviews, then in person interview with HR, then panel interview with multiple supervisors & team members. The interview was primarily behavioral, with surprisingly little concentration on technical matters. The long hours involved were mentioned multiple times, and when combined with the stories told to me by former employees, it was clear that there is no such thing as work-life balance there. My discussions with HR regarding compensation indicate that I would be taking a pretty severe cut in $/hr, even if I got a significant overall increase in salary.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever missed a deadline, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

PM Tech Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in September 2013.

Interview

Interview was simple for. Question of who you are, your pass experience and what do you want

Corp Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in August 2013.

Interview

Starts with a phone call from HR with some screening questions about your resume, work that you've done, especially teamwork. Afterwards, invited to info session with some other candidates on one day, then onsite interview panels and tour the next. The info session was very informative about the company, what they make, and some questions you will be asked. Next day, interview on-location with two panels. One for why you want to work there, and about yourself. The other about your senior design project you completed. I was very happy to talk to both panels. Finally, wrap up with a tour from another entry-level engineer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Samsung and not one of its competitors?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You don't need to negotiate.

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

Internal posting then in-person interview

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? What makes you the best person out of all the other 30 resumes we received?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, I made a lateral move.