Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.8

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in October 2011.

First day was four hours spent meeting other candidates and members of Samsung. Very laid back. Basically a Q&A session for the prospective candidates. Second day was also four hours. It consisted of a fab tour and facilities tour. The interview process involved a group interview as well as a one on one interview.

Senior Engineering Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in July 2011.

Great interview panel, overall the questions that were asked pertained to the job.

Interview Questions
    • How one would react in a situation with another employee   View Answer
    • Module related trouble shooting skills   View Answer
    No need to negotiate, the offers are very competitive

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in July 2011.

Worked with a recruiter. Lined up my interview on a particular day. Samsung flew me out to Austin, provided me a rental car, hotel, and meals. The day of the interview they had a number of interviews lined up. In the morning they provided a simple breakfast during which time you started filling out an application. Then came the first interview. That interview did not go well, nor do I remember much of it - it was with a team I didn't care for. After that was another interview with a team I was interested in. The mood of that interview was much lighter and friendly. Though they asked difficult questions, it wasn't an interrogation. For lunch Samsung provided a nice spread and had interviewers join us so we could ask more relaxed questions. Following lunch I was invited on a field walk where I got to see many interesting things and peaked my interest to work for Samsung. Overall, the atmosphere was friendly and professional after that first interview.

Interview Questions
    • Explain in detail a process improvement that you personally developed and how did that improvement turn out?   View Answer
    I told the recruiter the salary I was looking for. They offered me $1,000 less than my offer. Since I had over-shot my original offer, I accepted. From interview to offer to acceptance took five days tops.

Meteorology Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in June 2011.

First day was check in at hotel, dinner second day visit of fab breakfast + lunch, interview , group interview, presentation from management, visit of Austin for non state candidate CORP Program

Interview Questions
    good offer no need to negociate may be on the reloc...

Corp Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The whole process interview consists of:

1- Phone screening interview: The recruiter contacted potential candidate to ask screening questions such as why SAS? What would be interest in the position? Why Austin, TX? Etc.

2- Candidate was flown over to the facility site to have onsite tour, one-to-one interview, group interview.

a- One-to-one interview: questions were very much similar to phone interview. However, they were asked more into details/depth/etc. by 3 SAS representatives/employees.

b- Group interview: Group of 5 was presented a scenario situation and asked to resolve or propose the matter after members discussion. Two SAS representatives/employees observed the interactions and gave feedbacks.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if the project you were in charge of which had part components to be assembled arrived later than expected?   Answer Question

CORP Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in May 2011.

I got an email from somebody at my university career center that Samsung Austin Semiconductor were hiring for the CORP 2011 Engineer 1 positions. I applied online on Samsung's website and received an email about 2 hours later from a recruiter saying she would call me later that day. An hour later, I got a call from her. She explained the CORP program and then asked me 4-5 behavioral interview questions. I wasn't expecting an interview, but I did well anyways. She called the next day asking if I would be in Austin the following week. I said yes since I live there. Got an email on Monday regarding the scheduling of the event (dinner and interviewing).

Thursday night was a dinner at a local restaurant. Got to meet with about 30 other candidates who applied and passed the first round phone interviews as well as several employees from Samsung Austin Semiconductor. Spoke about the work environment, positions, how the CORP program works, and just general information about the company.

Then Friday morning they had a presentation about the company, the different positions, Samsung's achievements and goals, etc. Then there was a group interview (3 candidates together)...this was basically a group activity. It was my first time doing such a thing and I enjoyed it. Then there was a personal interview (me with 3 Samsung employees). Mostly behavioral questions and questions about past experiences and coursework. Then there was a tour of the facilities and a fab tour.

Overall, the interview experience was great and the whole hiring event was very enjoyable and informative. I learned a lot about the company and felt like I would love to work for them.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you worked on a team/group and you had a conflict? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    Very competitive offer, did not negotiate.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in May 2011.

The phone interview went on for an hour which mostly consisted of some basic questions and questions related to my resume. The 1:1 Interview consisted of five rounds mostly concerning ASIC design flow, Inverter characteristics, Synthesis, Static Timing Analysis, Logic design (State machine design), Floorplanning, Place and Route and Signal Integrity and my projects.

Interview Questions
    • Signal integrity questions,especially solutions for crosstalk.   View Answer

Engineering Technician II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in May 2011.

Two engineers from different departments. Both were friendly and were more interested in making sure that we kept talking and not just waiting for them to engage in their questions with small answers.

Interview Questions
    • It was all pretty basic , nothing like i thought it would be. Just career goals and past experiences   View Answer
    it was them telling me what I would make, take it or leave it

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in March 2011.

Hiring process took a little over 1 month. The interview process was pretty simple, if you have experience with troubleshooting electromechanical equipment. The Standard Interview questions were asked such as "What do you feel like you bring to a team" and the like. I was also asked what types of test equipment I had used in the past , basic electronic theory, as well as some mechanical questions. The interviewer then asked me to describe a couple of situations where I had to troubleshoot a serious problem.

Interview Questions
    • Describe, in detail, a situation in which you had to troubleshoot a large scale electronic system problem.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They were very rigid on what they would offer.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in February 2011.

Overall a good interview experience. Employees were welcoming and provided a fair amount of detailed information about the company. Interview consisted of a group/panel interview and a team exercise. Interview was not very technically-intensive and was more centered around soft skills. For new grads, a lot of studying is not needed to be successful in an interview with Samsung, I would recommend thinking of examples where you work well with others as a good way of preparing for this interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in working in semiconductor manufacturing?   Answer Question