Samsung Austin Semiconductor

Getting the Interview

55 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Austin, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in June 2011.

Interview Details – The whole process interview consists of:

1- Phone screening interview: The recruiter contacted potential candidate to ask screening questions such as why SAS? What would be interest in the position? Why Austin, TX? Etc.

2- Candidate was flown over to the facility site to have onsite tour, one-to-one interview, group interview.

a- One-to-one interview: questions were very much similar to phone interview. However, they were asked more into details/depth/etc. by 3 SAS representatives/employees.

b- Group interview: Group of 5 was presented a scenario situation and asked to resolve or propose the matter after members discussion. Two SAS representatives/employees observed the interactions and gave feedbacks.

Interview Question – What would you do if the project you were in charge of which had part components to be assembled arrived later than expected?   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in May 2011.

Interview Details – The phone interview went on for an hour which mostly consisted of some basic questions and questions related to my resume. The 1:1 Interview consisted of five rounds mostly concerning ASIC design flow, Inverter characteristics, Synthesis, Static Timing Analysis, Logic design (State machine design), Floorplanning, Place and Route and Signal Integrity and my projects.

Interview Question – Signal integrity questions,especially solutions for crosstalk.   View Answer

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in July 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online (Late July 2010) and 3 days later received a phone call from an HR lady who asked me some behavior questions and about my education. She then told me to go to the Samsung Job Fair at the Embassy Suite on Saturday. I was interviewed by a guy who I found out later to be one of the directors at SAS.
He asked me questions about my education and about my previous job. I received an offer 3 days after my 1:1 interview and accepted the job offer 2 weeks before my graduation (Mid August 2010).

Interview Questions

• "What school projects have you done and what was the outcome?"   Answer Question
  • What are the variables/parameters that can affect the CMP Process ?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salary was competitive but relocation reimbursement was not so good since I have a family and lived 2500 miles away from Austin.

CORP Engineer I Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in May 2011.

Interview Details – I got an email from somebody at my university career center that Samsung Austin Semiconductor were hiring for the CORP 2011 Engineer 1 positions. I applied online on Samsung's website and received an email about 2 hours later from a recruiter saying she would call me later that day. An hour later, I got a call from her. She explained the CORP program and then asked me 4-5 behavioral interview questions. I wasn't expecting an interview, but I did well anyways. She called the next day asking if I would be in Austin the following week. I said yes since I live there. Got an email on Monday regarding the scheduling of the event (dinner and interviewing).

Thursday night was a dinner at a local restaurant. Got to meet with about 30 other candidates who applied and passed the first round phone interviews as well as several employees from Samsung Austin Semiconductor. Spoke about the work environment, positions, how the CORP program works, and just general information about the company.

Then Friday morning they had a presentation about the company, the different positions, Samsung's achievements and goals, etc. Then there was a group interview (3 candidates together)...this was basically a group activity. It was my first time doing such a thing and I enjoyed it. Then there was a personal interview (me with 3 Samsung employees). Mostly behavioral questions and questions about past experiences and coursework. Then there was a tour of the facilities and a fab tour.

Overall, the interview experience was great and the whole hiring event was very enjoyable and informative. I learned a lot about the company and felt like I would love to work for them.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you worked on a team/group and you had a conflict? How did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very competitive offer, did not negotiate.

Engineer Interview

Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in December 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview and an onsite interview and then received a job offer.

Interview Question – Describe a technical problem and solution?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Engineer I Interview

Engineer I
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in August 2010.

Interview Details – Usually you will get a phone interview, then personal and group interview with several managers. You will usually also be given a tour of the fab and be treated to a lunch/reception. In time of urgent need for new employees this might be shortened to one interview on-site with a lunch and tour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No negotiation - take it or leave it. Offers are usually very competitive with very good benefits.

Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in March 2008.

Interview Details – First, there was an on-campus behavioral interview with an HR representative. After that, I got a second round interview in Austin. There was a 45 minute group activity to see how you work in a group. Then, there was a 30 minute panel interview with 4 engineers. It was primarily a behavioral interview. The rest of the day consisted of a company tour and a bus tour around Austin.

Interview Question – Tell me about your experience with semiconductor fabrication?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Salary was very fair.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in March 2010.

Interview Details – I spoke with a Samsung employee at our University Career Fair and gave them my resume. Around 3 weeks later I recieved a phone interview. It was a simple interview asking about myself and my resume. At the end of the interview I was ask to apply online for the position. A few days later I received a phone call asking if I was able to attend an office visist. At the office visit, I was give a tour of Austin, a manager presentation, a panel interview, and a group problem solving interview. Two weeks later I received an offer

Interview Question – Give an example of an ethical problem you have encountered and how you handled it   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Samsung's beginning offer was very generous and one of the top offer I have seen.

Engineering Interview

Austin, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in June 2008.

Interview Details – FIrst, phone interview was done to invite people to their FAB. Panel interviews were done, a group of people just interviewing you, mainly asking you behaviorial questions. THen group interviews were done - a panel just watches you while you figure out a problem.

Interview Question – defining semiconductors?   Answer Question

Engineer III Interview

Engineer III

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor.

Interview Details – The interview is designed to see how you handle pressure and the unique culture clash in the company. SAS focus how well you work in a group setting and whether you will listen to orders. Military experience are best.

Interview Question – What would you do if your manager ask you to do a job which cannot be completed in the time given?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Most new college grads get the same pay no matter your GPA or School. However, if you say that you have a competitive offer from another company they will raise the offer by 2000 dollars.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Samsung Austin Semiconductor