Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2015

2.8

Corp Engineer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview process will split into 2 components. One was a panel interview that spanned from behavior questions to situational questions. The other component was a team exercise in which a couple of other interviewee's were teamed together to put together legos. This was a test of teamwork.

Interview Questions

• How have you applied your engineering education at home?   Answer Question

Integration Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor in November 2012.

Interview

I thought the team I interviewed was rather unfriendly - which is strange because I know a lot of people at Samsung that are really great and friendly to work with. Anyway, they wouldn't even introduce themselves before asking me questions - and one guy was like 'Is that all you did in your last job?'. Rude. So glad i didn't get the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in November 2012.

Interview

Started with phone screening and then invited for 2 day interview. First night was dinner with current employees followed by series of on site interviews the next day

Interview Questions

• Have you ever not met a deadline? How did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

First was a general HR phone interview. Some basics such as location and about some stuff on the resume. Then was invited for a second round on site interview. The second round interview was preceded the previous day by a dinner at their expense. Then when interview day arrived we were scheduled to 1 group interview, 1 one to one interview, and a couple of tours.

Interview Questions

• Not too bad on questions. Some of them are general HR question. For ex: Tell me about a time where you had conflict in your group and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Group of Engineers were brought out and given a tour of Austin and of the company. There was a group interview portion where they had us build legos and work in a group. Then there was a panel interview where three employees asked us questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked and a group but failed and how you dealt with the failure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interview was set up through a staffing agency. One interview with HR then right into an interview with two Senior Technicians. I was offered a job three hours later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation at work where you faced great stress and pressure from management to complete a task? And how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

I emailed Samsung my resume and was given an over the phone interview the next day. I was then invited to an informative meeting and then dinner with other engineers working at the company. The next day was the interview where we were first given lunch and a tour of the facilities. The interview then consisted of a group interview where they tested our collaboration skills and a personal interview with two interviewers. I was very pleased with the way they conducted the interview and would recommend the company to anyone looking to apply.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to get from the company and how do you plan to give back?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

Interview

First there was a phone screening with very basic questions. Next they bring all the candidates to Austin for a 2 day interview process. The first day was a little meeting and then dinner with the other candidates and current employees. The next day was the tours, presentations and interviews. I got a tour of Austin because I am not from the area. Other people got to go on a tour of the facilities. Then I had an interview with an HR rep and one of the engineering team leaders. Then there was a group exercise, which I did not do very well in at all. It was a great experience and very informative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you seeked help.   Answer Question
    • Why were you interested in this job before coming to interview?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Was invited to interview on site. Asked several behavioral questions transitioning into a few technical questions. I was notified of not having received the position in two weeks

Interview Questions

• What class have you had the most difficulty in and why?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

First day was four hours spent meeting other candidates and members of Samsung. Very laid back. Basically a Q&A session for the prospective candidates. Second day was also four hours. It consisted of a fab tour and facilities tour. The interview process involved a group interview as well as a one on one interview.