Samsung Austin Semiconductor Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

First was a general HR phone interview. Some basics such as location and about some stuff on the resume. Then was invited for a second round on site interview.

The second round interview was preceded the previous day by a dinner at their expense. Then when interview day arrived we were scheduled to 1 group interview, 1 one to one interview, and a couple of tours.

Interview Questions

• Not too bad on questions. Some of them are general HR question. For ex: Tell me about a time where you had conflict in your group and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Group of Engineers were brought out and given a tour of Austin and of the company. There was a group interview portion where they had us build legos and work in a group. Then there was a panel interview where three employees asked us questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you worked and a group but failed and how you dealt with the failure.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate.

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Interview was set up through a staffing agency. One interview with HR then right into an interview with two Senior Technicians. I was offered a job three hours later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation at work where you faced great stress and pressure from management to complete a task? And how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

I emailed Samsung my resume and was given an over the phone interview the next day. I was then invited to an informative meeting and then dinner with other engineers working at the company. The next day was the interview where we were first given lunch and a tour of the facilities. The interview then consisted of a group interview where they tested our collaboration skills and a personal interview with two interviewers. I was very pleased with the way they conducted the interview and would recommend the company to anyone looking to apply.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to get from the company and how do you plan to give back?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

First there was a phone screening with very basic questions. Next they bring all the candidates to Austin for a 2 day interview process. The first day was a little meeting and then dinner with the other candidates and current employees. The next day was the tours, presentations and interviews. I got a tour of Austin because I am not from the area. Other people got to go on a tour of the facilities. Then I had an interview with an HR rep and one of the engineering team leaders. Then there was a group exercise, which I did not do very well in at all. It was a great experience and very informative.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you seeked help.   Answer Question
    • Why were you interested in this job before coming to interview?   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in January 2012.

Interview

Started with a phone interview. Was invited to interview on site. Asked several behavioral questions transitioning into a few technical questions. I was notified of not having received the position in two weeks

Interview Questions

• What class have you had the most difficulty in and why?   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

First day was four hours spent meeting other candidates and members of Samsung. Very laid back. Basically a Q&A session for the prospective candidates. Second day was also four hours. It consisted of a fab tour and facilities tour. The interview process involved a group interview as well as a one on one interview.

Senior Engineering Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Great interview panel, overall the questions that were asked pertained to the job.

Interview Questions

• How one would react in a situation with another employee   1 Answer
    • Module related trouble shooting skills   1 Answer

Negotiation

No need to negotiate, the offers are very competitive

Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

Worked with a recruiter. Lined up my interview on a particular day. Samsung flew me out to Austin, provided me a rental car, hotel, and meals. The day of the interview they had a number of interviews lined up. In the morning they provided a simple breakfast during which time you started filling out an application. Then came the first interview. That interview did not go well, nor do I remember much of it - it was with a team I didn't care for. After that was another interview with a team I was interested in. The mood of that interview was much lighter and friendly. Though they asked difficult questions, it wasn't an interrogation. For lunch Samsung provided a nice spread and had interviewers join us so we could ask more relaxed questions. Following lunch I was invited on a field walk where I got to see many interesting things and peaked my interest to work for Samsung. Overall, the atmosphere was friendly and professional after that first interview.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail a process improvement that you personally developed and how did that improvement turn out?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I told the recruiter the salary I was looking for. They offered me $1,000 less than my offer. Since I had over-shot my original offer, I accepted. From interview to offer to acceptance took five days tops.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Austin Semiconductor (Austin, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

The whole process interview consists of:

1- Phone screening interview: The recruiter contacted potential candidate to ask screening questions such as why SAS? What would be interest in the position? Why Austin, TX? Etc.

2- Candidate was flown over to the facility site to have onsite tour, one-to-one interview, group interview.

a- One-to-one interview: questions were very much similar to phone interview. However, they were asked more into details/depth/etc. by 3 SAS representatives/employees.

b- Group interview: Group of 5 was presented a scenario situation and asked to resolve or propose the matter after members discussion. Two SAS representatives/employees observed the interactions and gave feedbacks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the project you were in charge of which had part components to be assembled arrived later than expected?   Answer Question