Samsung C&T America Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 29, 2014
7 interviews

2.8

Logistics Coordinator Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Samsung C&T America.

3 stage interview: 1st you come in to meet with the department supervisor, then you come in to meet with the vice president, and lastly you need to make a trip to the office in Jersey for the final interview with the CEO. each interview takes approximately 5 to 15 minutes.

Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Samsung C&T America in December 2012.

A recruiter contacted me from my LInkedIn profile and set up a phone interview. The director of the division interviewed me and after the phone screen, I decided it was not a good fit.

Interview Questions
    • In addition to the expection of working long hours (12 hours a day), the expectation of the director was that when you travelled on business, you had to work on thing in transit too regardless of time differences. To quote him "Time difference and travel time is not acceptable excuse to not attend meetings". At that point, I decided they wanted a slave, not an employee so I did not pursue further.   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung C&T America in October 2012.

I sent an application by email, got a call after a week, spoke with the HR manager. We scheduled a face to face interview the week after at their office by time square. First I had an interview with the HR manager. The HR manager went through my skills and qualifications. After the HR manager came the department head. The interview with head did not go well. She came in with the wrong information, she did not have my information at all, she was expecting someone else. I gave her a copy of my resume and she took a few minutes to go over it herself. After she was done looking over my resume she asked me 3-4 questions that are basically answered on my resume. After which there seemed to be a long silence since she couldn't think of any more questions. The interview seemed abnormally short since she did not have any information on me, so I ended up asking most of the questions in the interview.

Interview Questions
    • This is an entry level position, do you mind taking an entry level position with your graduate degree?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  La Mirada, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Mirada, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 months - interviewed at Samsung C&T America in January 2011.

Contacted by an HR colleague at a different affiliate (Samsung Group runs 35 different affiliates or lines of business). She didn't know much about the affiliate I interviewed for because it is a new business for Samsung the western world. A month went by before I heard from her again (after holiday season) to come in to meet with the team that had just arrived from Korea. Met on a panel interview style with 2 members from Korea and the colleague who originally reached out to me. Three weeks later there was another interview with a panel of 7 male Korean executives. I had to speak through an interpreter as they only spoke to me in Korean. Very intimidating and felt like a military interrogation. Two or three weeks later I met with one more male Korean executive who had not come in the previous visit. Despite this multiple interviews it was not clear which line of business this particular affiliate was in. Even though I was provided a copy of a power point presentation, none of it really clearly explained what this particular affiliate did or why they were thinking of entering the Americas' market (South & North). At this point it had been 3 months since I was initially approached. It would be another 3 weeks before I received a written offer which I still had to negotiate. I was asked to provide a copy of my tax returns to verify my previous income which was shocking. Despite demonstrating I had earned in the 6 figure range I was given an offer for $30K less than what I asked for. I was told this was because this was a small group without any revenues. So what was the point of verifying what I made if they were going to offer whatever they wanted? None really except in Korea they verify everything, even family information, etc. My start date was postponed by 2 weeks due to a business trip from the expat who hired me. However, in the middle of his trip to Korea he called me to ask me to do some research and report for him to present to some executives in the Headquarter offices. When I asked him that this surely meant I will be getting paid as if I had started on the date he called to ask me to do this work, he said no. He said I should consider this a favor to him. That right there should have been a red flag that the culture is very resistant to embrace or adhere to the customs, practices and laws of the countries they choose to operate in.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to put together a presentation about myself. I had to send it ahead of the interview but I also had to present it the day of the interview with the 7 male Korean executives.   View Answer
    Tough. I was asked to provide copies of my tax returns for the previous year so that they could verify my income.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Samsung C&T America in August 2010.

it was not that interesting of an interview, they asked to see me on skype first and then to go into the office for a 1:! intreview

I had 3-4 interviews before acuiqring the position.

I am disaapointed with the rate that I received. I got 30% lower than I asked for but then I asked again and got about 27% less than what I wanted.

non existant

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Samsung C&T America in February 2010.

I was contacted by a recruiter for to interview for a staff accountant position at Samsung Americas in their fashion/design section. I currently have a job, but am interested in trying something new and my skills match nicely with the staff accountant position they were looking to fill. My first interview was at their headquarters in NJ with HR. Michelle from HR is delightful! The interview with her was quick and easy. She basically just meets with you to get a feel for your personality. She thought I would be a good fit for the company and told me some things I should mention on my second interview with the Senior Accountants. She mentioned that Samsung is Korean based, so if I had any problems with understanding my interviewers I should ask for them to repeat and possibly speak slower, and this made me a little nervous. She also said that the New York office is fast paced, a young group, and the employees can seem rude, but they are so busy they don't have time for chitchat. My second interview was with two senior accountants. This part didn't go so well. First, I didn't get a young feeling from the office when I walked through. The the majority of employees were Korean and seemed to be mid to late 30s. The office was absolutely silent and everyone was hard at work in a cube. When I sat down with my two interviewers, I felt like they were playing good cop bad cop. One was very friendly and had no problem finding questions to ask me and made me feel comfortable. The other one was quiet and looked very disinterested. I asked if I would be reporting to one of them, and they told me that they didn't even work in the NY office. I asked about the finance team and they couldn't tell me how many people were in it, or the reporting structure or anything else about the group dynamic. The whole experience was sketchy to say the least. Then they told me they were looking for somebody to stay in the position for 5 plus years, which seems excessive for a staff accountant position since I already have 3 years experience as one. I left the interview feeling confused and turned off by the position. When they contacted my recruiter they told him I seemed "too nice" for the position. Now, I don't know if he only said that so my feelings weren't hurt, or if that is really what my interviewers thought. Either way, I was very disinterested in the position after my second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What is more important to you, accuracy or timeliness? For example, if I gave you a project and you worked all day on it, but it wasn't completely correct by the deadline, would you give me an inaccurate report on time or ignore the deadline and work through until you were sure the project was correct and complete?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Samsung C&T America in February 2010.

I met with the HR Director. She was very friendly and made me feel comfortable. I then went on a second interview at their Manhattan, NY office. The hiring manager I interviewed with had a very heavy Korean accent which made it dificult to understand some of the things he was saying. The atmosphere of the office seems subdued, emotionless.

Interview Questions
    • Are you okay working with/for a company of different culture?   Answer Question

Worked for Samsung C&T America? Contribute to the Community!