Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Samsung Electro-MechanicsMore
- Declined OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Samsung Electro-Mechanics (Calamba, Laguna (Philippines)).
Very fast hiring process. After I took their quantitative analysis and general reasoning exam and passed it, I got a call from them for a final panel interview. The interview consisted of questions which are related to your specific course but mostly, it would be about capacitors and oscillators. They would even ask you to draw circuits and explain it.
- Unexpected question was "Explain what amlitude modulation is all about." I was expecting all of the questions to be related to the passive devices that they produce so this one's a shocker. Answer Question
Reasons for Declining
Workaholic culture and my place was too far from their site.
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Samsung Electro-Mechanics (Bangalore (India)) in October 2012.
Telephone interview. Technical round in the first stage. Questions on image processing with topics pertaining to image acquisition techniques, segmentation methods, morphological operations, pattern recognition and object detection algorithms, programming (C++) and a couple of case studies.
- 1. Give an overview of a typical image processing system (from the front end camera acquisition device to the control / feedback stages). Answer Question
- 2.You have reference image and an acquired image rotated by 10 degrees. Features from the acquired image need to be extracted, analysed (against the reference image) and verified against predefined decision making criteria. How will you solve this problem and what algorithms may you use in the process. Answer Question
- What are morphological operators? Answer Question
- Have you developed any GUIs ? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks – interviewed at Samsung Electro-Mechanics (Calamba, Laguna (Philippines)) in February 2008.
Their HR recruitment in-charge set up a booth at our University during Job Fair, I dropped a hard copy of my resume and got a call the next week for an exam and initial interview. The exam is from their HQ which is a global standard, it is quite difficult consisting of Math and Abstract reasoning. Their recruitment process was very smooth and quick, after a week I got a call from their HR asking me to come back for the final interview. The final interview is a Panel-type ( 3 to 4 Korean Managers), sometimes they ask some Technical questions but on my part it was very easy because there was really no question at all, they just made some positive comments on my exam score. So lucky me.
- During supplemental interview on the Department that I was assigned to, the Manager asked me about the relevance of my field of study on their process. I think this is not so difficult. Answer Question