Samsung Electronics America

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources
Ridgefield Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in January 2014.

Interview Details – SEA USA HQ recruiting unresponsive and unprofessional

Contacted by a recruiter in Chicago for HR jobs that he was not able to specifically convey. After a 1 hour very transparent and open chat with him, in part of the Samsung state of the HR/Talent union, I had reservations about proceeding due to organizxational culture and climate issues as well as integrated and shared vision with HQ Talent/HR in Asia, but was willing to explore further.

He forwarded me to (yet) another recruiter at USA HQ in Jersey, one closer both in knowledge and proximity to the Hiring Manager--a titled rotational assignment of VP in HR/Talent who, according to his profile, was in a rotational role for over 2 years (unusual) and prior to that 11 years as an HRM. When I looked him up on linked in, I saw only a reference of an HR Director for 11 years at one facility. More seeming red flags.

I was eventually contacted by the 2nd recruiter, asked for availability, provided it and after said dates transpired, finally received a response on a Thrusday indicating it had been a "bad week how about Monday" So much for seamless to the candidate. I responded immediately with an understanding tone and said Monday would be fine. I was awaiting a response but never got one. So late Monday morning I again inquired with a friendly and inquisitive tone.

I expressed some of my scheduling complications and a question about in-house or 3rd party recruiting to my first recruiter as he told me that although my primary contact was the 2nd recruiter, to contact him if I had questions. Later on I received an unexpected apology from the 2nd recruiter with a statement: "I have a very good reputation as both a recruiter and a professional not only with Samsung but throughout my career." which I perceived as a "call out", unprofessional, unnecessary and just short of insulting.

The interview ensued with more apologies but the negative tone was already set. I had somehow landed in an internal politics game and a potentially insecure recruiter.

Interview Questions

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in April 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was given a presentation to a panel of interviewers, from the Korea HQ. They didn't ask me many question during the interivew; instead, they wanted me to keep talking all the way. I don't think they want to be changed so much (because the language barrier); so I asked simple questions like company's culture afterwards. Overall, I believe the most important part was the presentation. You must make it very clear to the audience.

Interview Questions

Worked for Samsung Electronics America? Contribute to the Community!