Samsung Electronics America

Updated Nov 7, 2014
Updated Nov 7, 2014

2.9

Named Accounts Manager- Healthcare Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in October 2014.

Call with internal recruiter; call with team member; call with hiring manager - VP Sales, Enterprise Business; call with Director, SEA. Flown to NJ office for a 1 hr interview and panel presentation to 4 ppl including hiring manager and 3 Directors.

I have an extensive healthcare background with a minimal technology background and was candid about this. All calls went well and then I received the invitation to give a presentation to a panel. What they requested for the presentation was way overboard (see full description below). They essentially wanted me to learn all their technology prior to being hired. I easily put in 40 hours of work into this in the 4 days they gave me to put it together. I created a 20 slide power point, purchased and learned their tablet, researched every point in their presentation topic. I had run through my presentation 3 times prior to delivering it but used note cards during it because, as mentioned, this technology was all new to me. I was asked if I always used note cards when presenting and there was a comment that it sounded like I was giving a speech. I was quizzed on details of the technology that it wasn't reasonable for me to know given my background. All four people I was presenting to made it clear they weren't impressed. I had no doubt upon exiting the room that it would be going no further.

All in all this was a very unpleasant interview experience. Either they should have done a better job vetting me prior to inviting me to present to the panel or they should have accepted my technical background was limited. Either way no potential employer should make you jump through these kind of hoops when they are not yet paying you.

On a side note, the one team member I spoke with commented that it was the worse work-life balance he had ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • Had to give a presentation to the panel on:

Presentation topic: Create a customized 30 minute presentation outlining the following areas
      • Enterprise Market demand for Smartphones and Tablets (consider both Corporate Liable and BYOD)**
      • Overview of Samsung’s mobile portfolio including SAFE (Samsung Approved For Enterprise)
      • The value of Samsung and SAFE to a Named Account of your choice
      • Potential use cases and pilot opportunities
      • Proposed engagement models (consider alternative revenue and funding concepts to offset cost of devices)
      **Make sure to highlight areas of challenge and opportunity for enterprise customers. Also, offer potential solutions (at the highest level) to address the challenges.
      Please be prepared to answer questions regarding the features of Samsung’s smartphones and tablets including SAFE, the go to market strategy and the proposed opportunity engagement process.
      Audience: The 'Interview Team' that will be in attendance will represent what would normally be encountered in a typical Named Account meeting - CIO/CTO, IT Services etc.
      Goal: Educate the prospective customers on the Samsung’s Galaxy S and Galaxy Tab, Safe and KNOX, propositions (why should the named account company want to buy Samsung products) and outline a clear engagement/support model for near and long-term opportunities.

View Answer

Logistics Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in September 2014.

I applied for the job directly on Samsung's website and got a call for an interview within 2 to 3 weeks of application.

Interview was scheduled quickly over the phone, within 2 days of the call.

Samsung was very professional. All the correct information was provided so I would know who I was going to speak to and the office staff were very professional.

Went in for the interview with the HR representative who asked me some basic behavioral and typical questions then spoke to a member of the team I would be working for and the director of the departments it was within.

I got an email to get to the second stage on the same day, which was to take an extremely simple Excel test through their temp agency (the position is a temp position, and it seems most of the employees were hired in that manner).

I was hired the week after and went to fill out the paper work, starting the week after that.

Overall, the process since application took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • -Strengths/Weaknesses
      -Time you had to do something in the interest of others rather than oneself
      -Ever learned something on your own initiative and became an expert at it
      -Preferred Management Style

Answer Question
    Non-Negotiable

Android Developer Interview

Many..

working for this company means you are visitor to Korea and will leave after sometime. Everything is controlled from Korea HQ.. you will not have freedom to come up with good soln you need to depend on korea for everything and hey wait if you are coming to this company then make sure you learn korean otherwise life will be difficult. In meeting people start talking in korean and you will look stupid and most of the documentation you get is also either poorly translated in English or they simply ignore your request to share document..

Interview Questions
    • Ah i was thinking that this company will never do layoff and just found out that they did layoff of another team located in Milpitas   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Basic interview process. Started the interview asking me basic marketing questions. Was interviewed by 2 managers. Asked me to define terms as well as what marketing means to me. To be honest I was not prepared with the marketing definitions, however I was able to get the their attention by explaining why I believe marketing was important and what I can give to this company.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were when i was asked to define marketing terms   Answer Question

Senior Staff Software Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Got to interview many people. Asked questions about projects experiences in resume. One question is what is the most successful project you did and what is the most unsuccessful one? and some other questions like why choosing Samsung

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the Samsung's next 5 year outlook   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Got in through temporary agency and the interview was fast and quick. One of the manager gave the final approval. As for the interview, there was nothing much asked. It took one day for everything to be processed and finalized to start working. But they do not give decent training so that you could better aid the angry customers waiting to be directed to the correct department. what a shame.

Credit Manager Interview

Phone screen from recruiter. Asked about current job and pasted on to insight interview. On sight interview was odd. One of the interviewers answered a phone call during the interview.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were simple and straight forward. They acted like the are the only ones working long hours.   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in April 2014.

Legal team has many talented people and it was apparent that they are making an effort to be inclusive and forward-thinking in building their team. The team seemed to be made of hard working folks but collegial and very proud of the corporate culture and growth and direction of the company.

Interview Questions
    • What do you see yourself doing in 5 years and 10 years from now?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in April 2014.

One phone call from HR for 10 minutes just explaining the internship program and schedule for a actual video conference interview. Actual video conference interview went for about 30 minutes and talked about the team's need and asked me for my projects that would be related to their needs. Fortunately similar experience. In few days, I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What was the challenge in that project?   View Answer
    Didn't negotiate

Research Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Basically asked me about my research background, such as projects listed on my resume, publications and some thoughts about their current research project.