Samsung Electronics America

Updated Jan 22, 2015
Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.8

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Through a third party staffing company. The staffing agency does most of the work for me. They sent my resume to Samsung and they let me know if I got the Interview opportunity.

Field Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in December 2014.

Recruiter reached out to me via LinkedIn and set up a phone interview. Was left very confused as to what the role entailed. Recruiter started off by telling me what I read in the job description, so to me it didn't feel like a natural conversation. Asked me about 3-4 very basic questions and wanted to set a time with hiring manger.

Named Accounts Manager- Healthcare Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in October 2014.

Call with internal recruiter; call with team member; call with hiring manager - VP Sales, Enterprise Business; call with Director, SEA. Flown to NJ office for a 1 hr interview and panel presentation to 4 ppl including hiring manager and 3 Directors.

I have an extensive healthcare background with a minimal technology background and was candid about this. All calls went well and then I received the invitation to give a presentation to a panel. What they requested for the presentation was way overboard (see full description below). They essentially wanted me to learn all their technology prior to being hired. I easily put in 40 hours of work into this in the 4 days they gave me to put it together. I created a 20 slide power point, purchased and learned their tablet, researched every point in their presentation topic. I had run through my presentation 3 times prior to delivering it but used note cards during it because, as mentioned, this technology was all new to me. I was asked if I always used note cards when presenting and there was a comment that it sounded like I was giving a speech. I was quizzed on details of the technology that it wasn't reasonable for me to know given my background. All four people I was presenting to made it clear they weren't impressed. I had no doubt upon exiting the room that it would be going no further.

All in all this was a very unpleasant interview experience. Either they should have done a better job vetting me prior to inviting me to present to the panel or they should have accepted my technical background was limited. Either way no potential employer should make you jump through these kind of hoops when they are not yet paying you.

On a side note, the one team member I spoke with commented that it was the worse work-life balance he had ever experienced.

Interview Questions
    • Had to give a presentation to the panel on:

Presentation topic: Create a customized 30 minute presentation outlining the following areas
      • Enterprise Market demand for Smartphones and Tablets (consider both Corporate Liable and BYOD)**
      • Overview of Samsung’s mobile portfolio including SAFE (Samsung Approved For Enterprise)
      • The value of Samsung and SAFE to a Named Account of your choice
      • Potential use cases and pilot opportunities
      • Proposed engagement models (consider alternative revenue and funding concepts to offset cost of devices)
      **Make sure to highlight areas of challenge and opportunity for enterprise customers. Also, offer potential solutions (at the highest level) to address the challenges.
      Please be prepared to answer questions regarding the features of Samsung’s smartphones and tablets including SAFE, the go to market strategy and the proposed opportunity engagement process.
      Audience: The 'Interview Team' that will be in attendance will represent what would normally be encountered in a typical Named Account meeting - CIO/CTO, IT Services etc.
      Goal: Educate the prospective customers on the Samsung’s Galaxy S and Galaxy Tab, Safe and KNOX, propositions (why should the named account company want to buy Samsung products) and outline a clear engagement/support model for near and long-term opportunities.

View Answer

Logistics Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in September 2014.

I applied for the job directly on Samsung's website and got a call for an interview within 2 to 3 weeks of application.

Interview was scheduled quickly over the phone, within 2 days of the call.

Samsung was very professional. All the correct information was provided so I would know who I was going to speak to and the office staff were very professional.

Went in for the interview with the HR representative who asked me some basic behavioral and typical questions then spoke to a member of the team I would be working for and the director of the departments it was within.

I got an email to get to the second stage on the same day, which was to take an extremely simple Excel test through their temp agency (the position is a temp position, and it seems most of the employees were hired in that manner).

I was hired the week after and went to fill out the paper work, starting the week after that.

Overall, the process since application took about 4 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • -Strengths/Weaknesses
      -Time you had to do something in the interest of others rather than oneself
      -Ever learned something on your own initiative and became an expert at it
      -Preferred Management Style

Answer Question
    Non-Negotiable

Android Developer Interview

Many..

working for this company means you are visitor to Korea and will leave after sometime. Everything is controlled from Korea HQ.. you will not have freedom to come up with good soln you need to depend on korea for everything and hey wait if you are coming to this company then make sure you learn korean otherwise life will be difficult. In meeting people start talking in korean and you will look stupid and most of the documentation you get is also either poorly translated in English or they simply ignore your request to share document..

Interview Questions
    • Ah i was thinking that this company will never do layoff and just found out that they did layoff of another team located in Milpitas   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in August 2014.

Hiring went through east ridge staffing. After applying I heard from east ridge about a week later as a screening call then took another week to get the interview scheduled. When interviewing with the District Manager he didn't ask any questions relating to the position other than leadership or ask about prior experience. He was distracted the entire time and barely paying attention.

Interview Questions
    • What is your leadership style?   Answer Question
    • How would you handle an under performing employee?   Answer Question
    • In your leadership experience how would you handle an employee whom your heard was bad talking about you or other employees   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Basic interview process. Started the interview asking me basic marketing questions. Was interviewed by 2 managers. Asked me to define terms as well as what marketing means to me. To be honest I was not prepared with the marketing definitions, however I was able to get the their attention by explaining why I believe marketing was important and what I can give to this company.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were when i was asked to define marketing terms   Answer Question

Field Sales Manager Interview

Fairly simple hiring process included recruiter screening, video audition, and final hiring manger interview. Most questions asked needed answer in standard STAR format. All stages of the hiring process went smoothly and everyone was very helpful along the way.

Senior Staff Software Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Got to interview many people. Asked questions about projects experiences in resume. One question is what is the most successful project you did and what is the most unsuccessful one? and some other questions like why choosing Samsung

Interview Questions
    • What do you think is the Samsung's next 5 year outlook   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

After HR recruiter contacted me, I had an interview with department head and other managers. Interview process was not bad but I was in hurry to relocate since HR gave me a notice very late.