Samsung Electronics America

56 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Credit Manager Interview

Interviewed at Samsung Electronics America

Interview Details – Phone screen from recruiter. Asked about current job and pasted on to insight interview. On sight interview was odd. One of the interviewers answered a phone call during the interview.

Interview Question – All questions were simple and straight forward. They acted like the are the only ones working long hours.   Answer Question

Ridgefield Park, NJ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in April 2014.

Interview Details – One phone call from HR for 10 minutes just explaining the internship program and schedule for a actual video conference interview. Actual video conference interview went for about 30 minutes and talked about the team's need and asked me for my projects that would be related to their needs. Fortunately similar experience. In few days, I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Question – What was the challenge in that project?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Didn't negotiate

Paralegal Interview

Paralegal

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in March 2010.

Interview Details – Interview at the time in 2006 went very well and good judge of company people. Now the process may be more strategic.

Research Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview Details – Basically asked me about my research background, such as projects listed on my resume, publications and some thoughts about their current research project.

Interview Question – Your thoughts on their current research project.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview Details – Two round phone interviews

Interview Question – What's the anonymous class in Java? What's the situation that you want to use it?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Intern
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in December 2013.

Interview Details – first round is phone interview, technical questions
second round is skype interview with department boss, general questions

Interview Question – not hard at all. In my own feelings, kind of too easy.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – conflict of interests.

Lead Samsung Sales Consultant Interview

Bangor, ME

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in May 2013.

Interview Details – Skype interview and three phone calls. there is a background check as well as a urine analysis. 40 hours of online classes and a 1 week face to face training that consists of 50 class time. In store training as well as policy and procedures overview. Its a very thorough process to insure they have the right person for the job.

Interview Question – how many Samsung products do you currently own   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Human Resources Interview

Ridgefield Park, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in January 2014.

Interview Details – SEA USA HQ recruiting unresponsive and unprofessional

Contacted by a recruiter in Chicago for HR jobs that he was not able to specifically convey. After a 1 hour very transparent and open chat with him, in part of the Samsung state of the HR/Talent union, I had reservations about proceeding due to organizxational culture and climate issues as well as integrated and shared vision with HQ Talent/HR in Asia, but was willing to explore further.

He forwarded me to (yet) another recruiter at USA HQ in Jersey, one closer both in knowledge and proximity to the Hiring Manager--a titled rotational assignment of VP in HR/Talent who, according to his profile, was in a rotational role for over 2 years (unusual) and prior to that 11 years as an HRM. When I looked him up on linked in, I saw only a reference of an HR Director for 11 years at one facility. More seeming red flags.

I was eventually contacted by the 2nd recruiter, asked for availability, provided it and after said dates transpired, finally received a response on a Thrusday indicating it had been a "bad week how about Monday" So much for seamless to the candidate. I responded immediately with an understanding tone and said Monday would be fine. I was awaiting a response but never got one. So late Monday morning I again inquired with a friendly and inquisitive tone.

I expressed some of my scheduling complications and a question about in-house or 3rd party recruiting to my first recruiter as he told me that although my primary contact was the 2nd recruiter, to contact him if I had questions. Later on I received an unexpected apology from the 2nd recruiter with a statement: "I have a very good reputation as both a recruiter and a professional not only with Samsung but throughout my career." which I perceived as a "call out", unprofessional, unnecessary and just short of insulting.

The interview ensued with more apologies but the negative tone was already set. I had somehow landed in an internal politics game and a potentially insecure recruiter.

Interview Questions

Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview Details – 3 times brief interview with Director level people

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Samsung Experience Consultant Interview

Samsung Experience Consultant

Interviewed at Samsung Electronics America

Interview Details – the hiring process was not as efficient as I would have thought. But through a couple hiccups I was able to get all my information submitted to the correct place is. The problem is there are no local offices unless you live in Korea or Texas. the interview itself consisted of two over the phone interviews and both were very easy and not intimidating.

Interview Question – If you had to relate to any superhero who would it be, why, and how would that apply to your position.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiation itself wasn't very necessary. The starting pay was good and the hours for me were great.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Samsung Electronics America

Worked for Samsung Electronics America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Samsung Electronics America interview questions and advice. All 56 interview reviews posted anonymously by Samsung Electronics America employees and interview candidates.