Samsung Electronics America

56 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Manager Consumer Intelligence Interview

Paterson, NJ

I interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in June 2013.

Interview Details – HR was first round on phone then in person. They are looking for a lot of technical and management experience for the position. It was more like a director position.

Interview Question – How many people have you managed? It was easy to answer as I had managed groups of individuals through-out career, they were looking for someone who had much more experience versus expecatations.   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Logistics Coordinator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview Details – I was led to samsung by a recruiter. Felt as though they had already made up their mind by the time I came in for the interviewer. The person supposed to be interviewing me was not there; only a couple young girls. They were very nice.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness   View Answer

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in November 2012.

Interview Details – I was invited by a friend to submit my portfolio work. There was a three step process: I first prepared and submitted in digital form and then was invited into the studio to show the work in person and any print pieces. And finally, I was asked to come back and be interviewed over video conference with Headquarters office in Seoul, Korea.

Interview Question – The most difficult question to answer was what was my personal vision in my work. I had a perspective and answered the question easily enough but being fairly new to the type of work that I was applying for I felt like I couldn't really answer the question thoroughly as I probably would've now.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiation phase was pretty painless...I made an offer of what I thought would be fair but was given a counter-offer that was a little lower than I wanted to make but my manager was pretty good at pointing out what the trade-off would be and how I could benefit from the experience. It made sense and I decided that he was worth working with—which he was.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

RF Engineer Intern Interview

Richardson, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview Details – Phone interview: go through the CV lines by lines in details. Be prepared with every word written in your CV.

Interview Question – Some technical questions about radiation polarization.   Answer Question

New Exp Store Interview

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in July 2013.

Interview Details – went thru a phone interview appox 20min. Then a one on one video Skype interview 15 mins. again another video Skype interview with promises to be contacted the following monday or tues, this was on a thursday. By the next thursday, I was still not contacted and left in limbo for another weekend of possible job hunting on hold as after three interviews and references to good things, I was hoping to hear good news only to not be contacted as promised.

Interview Question – None, I had the experience and knowledge to greatly increase their product awareness and sales. I feel all questions were answered in a professional manner.   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied in-person and interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview, which was like a little bit unofficial. The interviewer was so friendly and kind. He asked some questions based on my CV. It is about my researches now and in the past. I briefly explained them.

Interview Question – There's no unexpected question.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I have to decline it because of my visa problem.

Marketing Manager Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in April 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview, Onsite Interview

Interview Question – Bring "next big thing" for Samsung.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in May 2013.

Interview Details – I was brought in by a personal connection, someone I worked with at another company, someone I respect a lot. I met with 3 people in recruiting including the Recruiting Manager. I took 3 hours out of my day and lost work time to interview for this contract recruiter role. I sent them each a follow-up email to thank them for the interview.

I never heard back. Not one word. The WORST candidate-care I have ever seen. For shame Samsung Electronics. Not only have you lost a potential Samsung customer forever, but you have managed to help create your own bad reputation for the candidate experience.

Interview Question – Each interviewer repeated the exact same questions. What's your process? What's the most difficult position you have ever tried to fill and why was it difficult? Some behavioral questions, but overall unoriginal and repeat, repeat, repeat.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Finance
Ridgefield Park, NJ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in April 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process took about 1.5 months there are three interviews in total. Overally, interviews are not too difficult however, there are some tasks to prove the ability of computer skils etc.
1st interview with manager: Standard interview questions were asked. "what is your advantages or disadvantages". Also I was asked about my resume such as college major, career experience, license etc.

Interview Question – Simple MS office test with Excel and Powerpoint.   Answer Question

SCM Analyst Interview

Interviewed at Samsung Electronics America

Interview Details – Easy. Talked about golf for 15 minutes.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Samsung Electronics America