Samsung Electronics America Interview Questions

Updated Aug 29, 2014
Updated Aug 29, 2014

2.8

New Exp Store Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in July 2013.

went thru a phone interview appox 20min. Then a one on one video Skype interview 15 mins. again another video Skype interview with promises to be contacted the following monday or tues, this was on a thursday. By the next thursday, I was still not contacted and left in limbo for another weekend of possible job hunting on hold as after three interviews and references to good things, I was hoping to hear good news only to not be contacted as promised.

Interview Questions
    • None, I had the experience and knowledge to greatly increase their product awareness and sales. I feel all questions were answered in a professional manner.   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

I had a phone interview, which was like a little bit unofficial. The interviewer was so friendly and kind. He asked some questions based on my CV. It is about my researches now and in the past. I briefly explained them.

Interview Questions

I have to decline it because of my visa problem.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in April 2013.

Phone Interview, Onsite Interview

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in May 2013.

I was brought in by a personal connection, someone I worked with at another company, someone I respect a lot. I met with 3 people in recruiting including the Recruiting Manager. I took 3 hours out of my day and lost work time to interview for this contract recruiter role. I sent them each a follow-up email to thank them for the interview.

I never heard back. Not one word. The WORST candidate-care I have ever seen. For shame Samsung Electronics. Not only have you lost a potential Samsung customer forever, but you have managed to help create your own bad reputation for the candidate experience.

Interview Questions
    • Each interviewer repeated the exact same questions. What's your process? What's the most difficult position you have ever tried to fill and why was it difficult? Some behavioral questions, but overall unoriginal and repeat, repeat, repeat.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ridgefield Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in April 2013.

Hiring process took about 1.5 months there are three interviews in total. Overally, interviews are not too difficult however, there are some tasks to prove the ability of computer skils etc.
    1st interview with manager: Standard interview questions were asked. "what is your advantages or disadvantages". Also I was asked about my resume such as college major, career experience, license etc.

SCM Analyst Interview

Easy. Talked about golf for 15 minutes.

MicroServer Solution Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in March 2013.

Applied online. HR contacted and set up interviews(all phone). Round1 with Director. Brief and general. Round2 with group of 4 engineers. Fully technical. 1.5hrs long. Touched every aspect on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • C++, object oriented concepts, design patterns. Ex: how to implement singleton in c++? Does C++ have static constructor? Virtual and Pure Virtual functions? Diff between virtual and overriding?   Answer Question
    • Load balancing in large distributed systems, multi threading concepts, security related questions. Ex: how to use multi threading in load balancing? How to use buffer overflow attack to get privileged access on machine?   Answer Question
    Too good, couldn't ask for more.. free accommodation and good pay

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in February 2013.

Two round phone interviews. First one mainly talked about some simple questions and projects( swapping, sorting, median number). There was not enough time for details of projects so she asked me to send her a projects detail description. And a week later, got a second phone interview mainly about projects with a small design question about LRU cache. Very soon after that I got an internship offer.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Simple algorithm questions about swapping, sorting
      2. How to find the median number in a large static array.
      3. Questions about my projects.
      4. Design the data structure for LRU cache.
        Answer Question

Finance Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in December 2009.

interview with hr, then with hiring manager. typically do not interview with team members

Interview Questions
    • basic questions, nothing too difficult   View Answer

Modem Systems Engineering Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Submit resume on online and got an phone interview. Interview was just as expected