Samsung Electronics America Interview Questions

2.8

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in May 2013.

I was brought in by a personal connection, someone I worked with at another company, someone I respect a lot. I met with 3 people in recruiting including the Recruiting Manager. I took 3 hours out of my day and lost work time to interview for this contract recruiter role. I sent them each a follow-up email to thank them for the interview.

I never heard back. Not one word. The WORST candidate-care I have ever seen. For shame Samsung Electronics. Not only have you lost a potential Samsung customer forever, but you have managed to help create your own bad reputation for the candidate experience.

Interview Questions
    • Each interviewer repeated the exact same questions. What's your process? What's the most difficult position you have ever tried to fill and why was it difficult? Some behavioral questions, but overall unoriginal and repeat, repeat, repeat.   Answer Question

SCM Analyst Interview

Easy. Talked about golf for 15 minutes.

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in April 2013.

Hiring process took about 1.5 months there are three interviews in total. Overally, interviews are not too difficult however, there are some tasks to prove the ability of computer skils etc.
    1st interview with manager: Standard interview questions were asked. "what is your advantages or disadvantages". Also I was asked about my resume such as college major, career experience, license etc.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in April 2013.

Phone Interview, Onsite Interview

MicroServer Solution Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in March 2013.

Applied online. HR contacted and set up interviews(all phone). Round1 with Director. Brief and general. Round2 with group of 4 engineers. Fully technical. 1.5hrs long. Touched every aspect on my resume.

Interview Questions
    • C++, object oriented concepts, design patterns. Ex: how to implement singleton in c++? Does C++ have static constructor? Virtual and Pure Virtual functions? Diff between virtual and overriding?   Answer Question
    • Load balancing in large distributed systems, multi threading concepts, security related questions. Ex: how to use multi threading in load balancing? How to use buffer overflow attack to get privileged access on machine?   Answer Question
    Too good, couldn't ask for more.. free accommodation and good pay

Modem Systems Engineering Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Samsung Electronics America.

Submit resume on online and got an phone interview. Interview was just as expected

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in February 2013.

Two round phone interviews. First one mainly talked about some simple questions and projects( swapping, sorting, median number). There was not enough time for details of projects so she asked me to send her a projects detail description. And a week later, got a second phone interview mainly about projects with a small design question about LRU cache. Very soon after that I got an internship offer.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Simple algorithm questions about swapping, sorting
      2. How to find the median number in a large static array.
      3. Questions about my projects.
      4. Design the data structure for LRU cache.
        Answer Question

Collections Specialist Interview

Meeting with direct supervisor

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in November 2012.

I was invited by a friend to submit my portfolio work. There was a three step process: I first prepared and submitted in digital form and then was invited into the studio to show the work in person and any print pieces. And finally, I was asked to come back and be interviewed over video conference with Headquarters office in Seoul, Korea.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question to answer was what was my personal vision in my work. I had a perspective and answered the question easily enough but being fairly new to the type of work that I was applying for I felt like I couldn't really answer the question thoroughly as I probably would've now.   Answer Question
    Negotiation phase was pretty painless...I made an offer of what I thought would be fair but was given a counter-offer that was a little lower than I wanted to make but my manager was pretty good at pointing out what the trade-off would be and how I could benefit from the experience. It made sense and I decided that he was worth working with—which he was.

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in October 2012.

phone interview with two hiring manager than face to face interview 2 weeks later.
    interview was with 4 other managers one by one. it took 1.5 hours all together.

Interview Questions
    • there are 5 element that samsung believe to be important (company, environment, people, integrity, ?) which one is the most important to you and why   View Answer