Samsung Electronics America Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2014

2.8

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in October 2012.

phone interview with two hiring manager than face to face interview 2 weeks later.
    interview was with 4 other managers one by one. it took 1.5 hours all together.

Interview Questions
    • there are 5 element that samsung believe to be important (company, environment, people, integrity, ?) which one is the most important to you and why   View Answer

Server Architecture Developer (Software Engineer) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in September 2012.

Applied thru college portal. Few of my friends got phone interview and thrashed by questions from all technologies u mentioned in your resume. BUt few were directly called to 1:1 interview. 1:1 interviews, reverse a linked list, java questions - abstract class vs interface, threading, 1 written test either in c or java. I took java. password checker method - must contain min 6 char and max 12 char, no two simlar chars consecutively, 1 lower case, 1 upper case, 1 spl char, no white space, 2nd question - pascal triangle, 3rd question - intersection of two arrays. In another 1:1 interview , fibonacci series - iterative vs recursive, a puzzle. the puzzle is there number from 1 to 16, cud u make pairs among them so that two number make a square number(9,16,25) and there must be no single digit left. if u sahy the answer correctly they will tell u to write the code and mail them. I thought I did well, but I did not get an offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in February 2012.

C- test including balanced binary tree, pthread API's

lots of pointers questions, debugging, memory allocation

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in October 2011.

Got to know this opening information from colleagues. After submitting my resume, I got connected with the HR and set up a interview. The interview process is nice and positive.

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simpsonville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Simpsonville, SC

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in September 2011.

Applied @ Samsung online, contacted by recruiter for phone interview within 1 week then scheduled for personal interview (along with two other candidates) with internal team within three days. Recruiter conducted an outstanding tour of the entire facility and shared history on the position and the Team conducting the interview. Very professional staff and impressive facility!

There was a lot of discussion about cultural differences between South Korean HQ Personnel and Samsung America Employees which I found a bit odd. Interview questions were basic "What if..." and "Give me an example of a time you had to deal with..." situational and personality questions. I spoke with the hiring Manager, one of her direct reports and a Manager of another area of the office. All discussions were casual and very positive. Salary range was excellent.

Though they were extremely complimentary of my background and my answers, I never heard from them again!

Interview Questions
    • How have you handled a difficult internal relationship in a past work environment?   View Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in July 2011.

Resume evaluation-1:1 interview

Interview Questions
    • How do you going to adress your knowledge to our company?   View Answer

Brand Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in May 2011.

1st interview was done via phone call. Approximate time: 45 mins.
    2nd interview was done via skype. Approximate time: 1 hour.

Not an intimidating interview, just a bit long. I waited a month for them to call me with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were very stereotypical interview questions. They do want to know a lot about your relevant experience.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in March 2011.

Only one interview round, the company require a personal presentation slides which can introduce my self and experiences. Every candidate has about 15 minutes. Six recruiter sit in front of me, then I begin to talk about my self. After finishing the slides, they asked me several questions regarding my experience, and some basic network knowledge.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in February 2011.

Questions based on Resume and job experience.

Interview Questions
    • What are your career goals, if not in the sales department   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in August 2010.

Regular interview questions