Samsung Electronics America

Getting the Interview

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Marketing Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in December 2008.

Interview Details – The initial interview was the typical HR screening interview. This was conducted via telephone and lasted less than an hour. After passing the HR gatekeeper I was scheduled to interview with a group panel that included the hiring VP, HR, and Korean Dispatchers. After successfully passing that interview I then was schedule to meet with the VP of sales in one on one interview. This was followed by a final interview with the Korean President of the division. Within one week I received an offer from the company. Don't underestimate the power and influence in the decision that the Korean dispatcher have. They will tell you that they don't.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The company was somewhat flexible in negotiating the base salary. You can get them to raise their offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Marketing Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Electronics America in December 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview w/HR was very general as it usually is with HR. However, I was concerned that every concern I had read about regarding the company was met w/the pc response. e.g. "I have heard that 1 of the challenges with working at Samsung is...." with the response something to the effect of "Oh no, we are not like that" without much clarity.
In person interview was okay. Your run of the mill questions about why you want to work there, former job responsibilities, accomplished projects, graduate school experience, what you have heard about Samsung and how it compares to your current experience.
I appreciate that they took the time to be transparent about the position, company, and concerns.

Interview Question – What does Samsung bring to the table that makes you want to come here?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Samsung Electronics America

Worked for Samsung Electronics America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Samsung Electronics America Marketing interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Samsung Electronics America employees and interview candidates.