Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Samsung Electronics America
- Intern (6)
- Marketing Manager (5)
- Software Engineer (4)
- Field Sales Manager (3)
- Finance (2)
- Human Resources (2)
- Director (2)
- Marketing (2)
- Senior Software Engineer (2)
- Logistics Coordinator (2)
- Product Manager (2)
- Product Marketing Manager (2)
- Quality Assurance Engineer (2)
- Receptionist (1)
- Marketing Communications Manager (1)
- Marketing Coordinator (1)
- Mechanical Engineering Intern (1)
- Paralegal (1)
- Brand Representative (1)
- Manager (1)
- Android Developer (1)
- Software Engineer Internship (1)
- RF Engineer Intern (1)
- Server Architecture Developer (Software Engineer) (1)
- Wireless Systems (1)
- Modem Systems Engineering (1)
- Senior Staff Software (1)
- MicroServer Solution Intern (1)
- Compiler Developer (1)
- Samsung Experience Consultant (1)
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day – interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ) in May 2013.
I was brought in by a personal connection, someone I worked with at another company, someone I respect a lot. I met with 3 people in recruiting including the Recruiting Manager. I took 3 hours out of my day and lost work time to interview for this contract recruiter role. I sent them each a follow-up email to thank them for the interview.
I never heard back. Not one word. The WORST candidate-care I have ever seen. For shame Samsung Electronics. Not only have you lost a potential Samsung customer forever, but you have managed to help create your own bad reputation for the candidate experience.
- Each interviewer repeated the exact same questions. What's your process? What's the most difficult position you have ever tried to fill and why was it difficult? Some behavioral questions, but overall unoriginal and repeat, repeat, repeat. Answer Question
Helpful (4)No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months – interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ) in January 2009.
Exceptionally drawn out process. Having interviewed for several positions at Samsung, I found the company tends to be indecisive and generally slow. Multiple teams waxed about how desperately they needed to hire someone to help with the workload, but then they would take weeks or sometimes over a month between interview steps.
My interviews focused on explaining my work experience and my reasons for seeing this particular job at this particular company. Interviewers were easy going and most kept their reactions close to their chest.
- What is the biggest risk you ever took, in personal or professional life? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy InterviewAccepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week – interviewed at Samsung Electronics America (Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ) in August 2008.
They asked simple questions about my education, accounting, and the type of work that I would be working on.
- They vquestioned me on what I was looking for in pay after being told by the recruiter the amount was less than what I was looking for. Answer Question
What were you able to negotiate? What advice would you give others considering an offer?