Samsung Electronics America

2.3

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in May 2013.

I was brought in by a personal connection, someone I worked with at another company, someone I respect a lot. I met with 3 people in recruiting including the Recruiting Manager. I took 3 hours out of my day and lost work time to interview for this contract recruiter role. I sent them each a follow-up email to thank them for the interview.

I never heard back. Not one word. The WORST candidate-care I have ever seen. For shame Samsung Electronics. Not only have you lost a potential Samsung customer forever, but you have managed to help create your own bad reputation for the candidate experience.

Interview Questions
    • Each interviewer repeated the exact same questions. What's your process? What's the most difficult position you have ever tried to fill and why was it difficult? Some behavioral questions, but overall unoriginal and repeat, repeat, repeat.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in January 2009.

Exceptionally drawn out process. Having interviewed for several positions at Samsung, I found the company tends to be indecisive and generally slow. Multiple teams waxed about how desperately they needed to hire someone to help with the workload, but then they would take weeks or sometimes over a month between interview steps.

My interviews focused on explaining my work experience and my reasons for seeing this particular job at this particular company. Interviewers were easy going and most kept their reactions close to their chest.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest risk you ever took, in personal or professional life?   Answer Question

Accounting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgefield Park, Bergen, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung Electronics America in August 2008.

They asked simple questions about my education, accounting, and the type of work that I would be working on.

Interview Questions
    • They vquestioned me on what I was looking for in pay after being told by the recruiter the amount was less than what I was looking for.   Answer Question