Samsung Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.8

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Engineering (Houston, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

HR representative found me via LinkedIn and asked if I was interested in a position. They subsequently sent my resume over to the Hiring Manager and they reviewed. A few days later I was asked to come in for an in-person interview. It was ~1.5 hrs in duration. They asked about my prior work experience and why I was looking for a new job. Hiring Manager was very smart and approachable. The other interviewers seemed very smart, professional, and very interested to see what kind of employee I was.

Full-time Employee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung Engineering.

Interview

Face-to-face interview with hiring manager and other managers.

Interview Questions

• Explain about a difficult time and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Samsung Engineering.

Interview

None

Interview Questions

• Any about your back ground   1 Answer

Procurement Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Engineering.

Interview

Very basic/typical interview questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you have no previous experience, there is no room to negotiate.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Engineering (Richardson, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

I actually had three interview for my current position, two from the position I originally applied. It is really nice experience and I even learned in interview. received call from recruit first and then hire manager and then director last is VP.

Interview Questions

• You have to exactly know what kind of person they are looking for. and know the company culture.   Answer Question

Pipe Stress Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Engineering.

Interview

Experienced candidate may apply through Reference by present employee, walk ins or consultant. Interview is conducted by lead stress and team. Interview will be conducted at Samsung office noida. It is expected to wear formal clothing. For freshers a quick refresher of SOM and thermodynamics will be helpful. Freshers are taken on campus.

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. general questions on WRC, turbine and compressor analysis. reboiler and tower piping.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Netanya (Israel)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Engineering (Netanya (Israel)) in December 2014.

Interview

i was addressed by Samsung recruiter how gave me a short overview of the lab's field-of-interest. The first frontal interview was held by the group manager. The following frontal interview was held by two team-leaders in the group.

Overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• * How would you design a filter to reverse the effect of a given filter?
      * Implement a C++ binary tree which support GetMaxLength() GetMinLength() methods
      * Describe two segmentation algorithms (pros and cons)

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Samsung Engineering (Mumbai (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

Resume Shortlisting followed by coding test followed by 2 interviews. Coding test had 3 question one extremely easy, second was medium and the third was tough. Technical Interview was slightly tough. HR interview was great . Interviewers were very nice and helpful

Interview Questions

• How to find a memory corruption in a code of say 1 lakh lines   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Samsung Engineering (Warsaw (Poland)).

Interview

Very bad communications skills from senior management from south korean head quaters. Problems with mutual understanding of the question / answer session.

Very detailed questions regarding technical issues. Very knowledgable interviewer. Two level hiring process. A mix of technical and general questions.

Cultural differences were a bit a problem during the meeting.

Interview Questions

• Technical question regarding the details of implementation of a protocol stack on linux platform.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Samsung Engineering in July 2014.

Interview

Asked several simple questions about maths and C programming.
    HR asked different personal questions and also ambition for higher studies.
    Asked several simple questions about maths and C programming.
    HR asked different personal questions and also ambition for higher studies.

Interview Questions

• Asked several simple questions about maths and C programming.

Answer Question