Samsung Group

Samsung Group Interview Questions in Bangalore

2.7

Senior Software Engineer for C++ Profile Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in September 2013.

I got call from Samsung through employee referral. I was interviewed for C++ position

First Round: Written Exam
    Basic C++ questions , Please do prepare the basics. Every one needs to appear for this written exam who has experience less than 3 Years.

Second Round: Face to Face interview
    Basic questions about c++, threading,
    why you want to leave your current company?
    explain your current profile.
    One question I remember as count number of bits of a integer.
    All other questions were easy.

Third Round : Face to Face Interview
    Questions like define yourself?
    some basic questions related to programming (very easy).
    sort a array which contains only 0s and 1s in most efficient way.
    All other questions were easy.

After 1 week I got offer letter from Samsung. But after some time, a HR called me again and asked to visit samsung office to appear for online test. I was paniced a bit wondering why samsung is asking me to appear for another test. But dont panic guys this only for some internal process in which every employee of samsung should give this test. This will be some evaluation parameter for hikes in future but be sure it wont effect your offer letter.

Overall the interview process was easy. HR and interviewers are very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were easy. But my suggestion would be, Please do prepare data structures and algorithms.   Answer Question
    No negotiation , Offer was more than expected.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

interviewed at Samsung Group in May 2012.

1. Resume was taken by HR from Job Portal.
    2. Within 1 week , i was called for an Interview , F-F , no Phonic.
    3. 3 Face to Face rounds , by lead , manager and H.R.
    4. Provided with Hard copy of offer letter within 10 days.

Interview Questions
    • Very easy questions, related to Testing Concepts, Coding , and was asked to write test cases for some Test Scenarios   Answer Question
    Gave little less then what i asked for , but it was ok . So i Accepted.

Embedded Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in April 2012.

Samsung HR approached me with below, what they call as JD

* Device drivers
    * BSP
    * Boot loader
    * OMAP
    * Open MP
    * Keypad driver
    * Camera Drivers
    * Board Bring Up

When I asked for more details they said there wasnt any. Nevertheless decided to go ahead for a telephonic round. The first question was about linux device driver. I told him I am not into linux and work on non-os based driver development in embedded. No use! He kept on asking about linux internals, character drivers etc. Lasted for 20 mins max. One of the most pathetic JD's ever seen ...

Software Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in January 2012.

First a test for C language was conducted. Based on that a HR interview was taken

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in December 2011.

I was called for the interview for the position of Software Engineer. First I received the call for direct face to face interview. They called me to Bangalore. In the first round I waited almost 4 Hrs for my interview and also the interview happened as a formality to say that Interviewer who was supposed to take your interview is not present. After all this they even did not said sorry to me and their behavior was very rude.
    They promised me to reimburse the travel cost but after the interview they told me to come for the second round.
    In the second round finally the interview took place and two interviewer came and started asking me about my past experience without introducing themselves. It seems to me that they were in big hurry and I was wasting there time.
    After asking some basic technical question about my current work, they started asking me some basic programming questions of which I answered around 60% of them.

The interview was kind of mixed experience. After the interview I was told that HR will contact you for the followup.

I did not get any response after 2 weeks from the HR. So I assumed that I did not get through. So I tried sending mails to HR for my travel reimbursement (as I was told that I will get the reimbursement ). After that got my all mailed bounced back to me again. Finally I came to know that my e-mail was blocked by the receiver.

CE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group in November 2011.

F2F interviews with managers was mostly talking in the air.
    Non capable guys interviewing.

Interview Questions

Employees are mostly Andhraites, not technically capable, not sure of the kind of work, technologies to work upon

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in November 2011.

Firstly written round of 50 questions to attempt in 1 hr. The written test was very easy the questions were related to C programming language, operating system and number system and endianess.

The interviewer asked some questions about C and C++. Ask me to write some code for reversing linked list and one more question about queues. Then questions about the work done in previous company..
    duration: 30 mins

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation, they just ask for expected salary on paper.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in October 2011.

Called by the recruiter. Initial screening through telephonic Interview. Consists of usual Java Questions couple of questions on threads, data structures etc. Followed by a face to face onsite interview at Bangalore. Group of panel interviewed followed by a HR interview. I can rate the difficulty of technical interview as average.

Negotiable.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in October 2011.

The interview was preceded by a GSAT test that was quite easy. The interviewer seemed like a nice guy who was looking for reasons to hire me. To be honest, I was very nervous and was not very confident about my answers but he gave me ample time and opportunity. He was not confined to a specific topic. He asked questions from everything. He was there to hire. We even had a little discussion about a memory management problem. And even though I was doubtful of a positive result but all ended well.

Interview Questions
    • How can you write a program that returns all the empty memory addresses present in the system(RAM)???   Answer Question

Regional Sales Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in September 2011.

was not atall a formal interview

my talent was negotated