Samsung Group Engineer Interview Questions

2.7

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Samsung Group in November 2011.

after submit the resume on-line, an email is sent to invite you to an on-site interview directly, no telephone interview

then their decision is given in like a month. details of the internship will be given a month before the the internship begins

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in November 2010.

The interview was good. People were very nice during the interview. They don’t like being asked … only talk to them if they ask you a question. Oh yea, can they ask my age or what my family does? Because they asked me both…and they told me that I was old. Overall, the interview was fine.

Engineer Interview

One day rotational interview with four five interviewers and four five candidates, for entry level RAM manufacturing engineering position. Very nice and professional with support of executives from Korean HQ.

Interview Questions

Salary low relative to other offers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group.

There are three steps during the hiring process: Admission review, technical interview, and manager interview.

During 20 minutes technical interview, applier should give a presentation about what they have experienced in the field they apply in. Three or four committers asked about it. But they were not that difficult.

In manager interview, chief managers may ask you about your backgrounds and may want to find out how well could you be fitted in the company and the department as well. For example, "if your supervisor keep asking you to do much work than you expected in previous week and you think you don't have enough time to handle all them up, what would you do ?" or "Do you have any plan to study more in graduate school?"

Interview Questions
    • There's no tricky questions. Most of them are within the average level.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in November 2011.

Firstly written round of 50 questions to attempt in 1 hr. The written test was very easy the questions were related to C programming language, operating system and number system and endianess.

The interviewer asked some questions about C and C++. Ask me to write some code for reversing linked list and one more question about queues. Then questions about the work done in previous company..
    duration: 30 mins

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation, they just ask for expected salary on paper.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Group in June 2010.

There are more than three interviews, one face to face, and two to three phone interview. The interview style more like Korean local style, therefore, it's good to reference to some Local interview tips.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in April 2010.

After having mid-term type tests (written test), meeting with ppl from the company with answer sheet.
    It was like oral qualifying exam in graduate schools.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in January 2010.

total of 4 rounds:
    1.aptitude test
    2.technical test(C,C++,Data structures,etc)
    3.technical interview
    4.HR interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in December 2009.

The people were nice.
    I think what they checked was personality and confidence.
    Some brief technical questions were also the part of the interview.
    There were five people. 4 were Koreans and 5th was a french guy.

Interview Questions
    • why would you like to work in Samsung korea   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. we didnot talk about the salaray

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in October 2009.

Asked about Openmax IL, mobile vdeo streaming. Question on implementing QOS in RTP. simple questions on C++

Interview Questions
    • when to decide using an MCU like ARM or the DSP for mobile phone solutiions   Answer Question