Samsung Group

2.6

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Samsung Group in November 2011.

after submit the resume on-line, an email is sent to invite you to an on-site interview directly, no telephone interview

then their decision is given in like a month. details of the internship will be given a month before the the internship begins

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in November 2010.

The interview was good. People were very nice during the interview. They don’t like being asked … only talk to them if they ask you a question. Oh yea, can they ask my age or what my family does? Because they asked me both…and they told me that I was old. Overall, the interview was fine.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Group in November 2014.

Contacted HR through a job posting from school. HR responded right away with a few questions (making sure I am willing to work in Korea). Within a few days there was a phone interview. There was one person speaking English who was in direct contact with me. There were other people there who were not introduced. After every questioned answered, it seemed like she was translating it from English to Korean to them. There was also roughly a minute or so of Korean conversation happening. Questions were on why, why, and why. Why Samsung? Why Korea? Why this area? Also, they asked about my resume and a little about my research. After a thank you email, I waited a week without an update from HR. I emailed and found out I passed. The next step was an in-person interview. After a couple of months of planning the America visit, I met with a panel of 4 interviewers. The interview was only an hour and I was asked to present my research. Questions were primarily on my research and very little technical questions were asked. It seemed more like they wanted to get to know me. They were nice and friendly. Their English was very good. Questions were not too difficult. It was a very good experience for me. It took 1 month for them to make a decision or at least get back to me after follow-ups.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in Korea? Why do you want to work at Samsung? How do you cope with stress? What are your hobbies?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group.

When I was in college, they sent me an offer to request an interview. They took an 8 hour flight to my uni to interview me. HR were extremely tardy, sending the interview letter the evening before the interview without any early notice of interest. The HR were very nice people though and not the least bit arrogant.

Interview was one on one and very brief. They asked simple questions, gave an IQ test for an hour. I get the feeling the company is very pro Korean because they seem to give bonus marks if you speak Korean and request that you dress a bit more Korean.

Engineer Interview

One day rotational interview with four five interviewers and four five candidates, for entry level RAM manufacturing engineering position. Very nice and professional with support of executives from Korean HQ.

Interview Questions

Salary low relative to other offers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group.

There are three steps during the hiring process: Admission review, technical interview, and manager interview.

During 20 minutes technical interview, applier should give a presentation about what they have experienced in the field they apply in. Three or four committers asked about it. But they were not that difficult.

In manager interview, chief managers may ask you about your backgrounds and may want to find out how well could you be fitted in the company and the department as well. For example, "if your supervisor keep asking you to do much work than you expected in previous week and you think you don't have enough time to handle all them up, what would you do ?" or "Do you have any plan to study more in graduate school?"

Interview Questions
    • There's no tricky questions. Most of them are within the average level.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in November 2011.

Firstly written round of 50 questions to attempt in 1 hr. The written test was very easy the questions were related to C programming language, operating system and number system and endianess.

The interviewer asked some questions about C and C++. Ask me to write some code for reversing linked list and one more question about queues. Then questions about the work done in previous company..
    duration: 30 mins

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation, they just ask for expected salary on paper.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Group in June 2010.

There are more than three interviews, one face to face, and two to three phone interview. The interview style more like Korean local style, therefore, it's good to reference to some Local interview tips.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in April 2010.

After having mid-term type tests (written test), meeting with ppl from the company with answer sheet.
    It was like oral qualifying exam in graduate schools.

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in January 2010.

total of 4 rounds: