Samsung Group Engineering Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Samsung Group in November 2011.

after submit the resume on-line, an email is sent to invite you to an on-site interview directly, no telephone interview

then their decision is given in like a month. details of the internship will be given a month before the the internship begins

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Group

Anonymous Employee  in  Richardson, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Group in November 2010.

The interview was good. People were very nice during the interview. They don’t like being asked … only talk to them if they ask you a question. Oh yea, can they ask my age or what my family does? Because they asked me both…and they told me that I was old. Overall, the interview was fine.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung Group.

There are three steps during the hiring process: Admission review, technical interview, and manager interview.

During 20 minutes technical interview, applier should give a presentation about what they have experienced in the field they apply in. Three or four committers asked about it. But they were not that difficult.

In manager interview, chief managers may ask you about your backgrounds and may want to find out how well could you be fitted in the company and the department as well. For example, "if your supervisor keep asking you to do much work than you expected in previous week and you think you don't have enough time to handle all them up, what would you do ?" or "Do you have any plan to study more in graduate school?"

Interview Questions
    • There's no tricky questions. Most of them are within the average level.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Samsung Group in June 2009.

Resume filtering

Interview Questions
    • None, 7 interviewers including big shots like VPs but no tech questions   Answer Question
    none

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seremban (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seremban (Malaysia)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung Group in March 2008.

Did not go through traditional hiring process. Interviewed for Samsung Scholarship which includes a compulsory service period upon graduation. 20 min presentation and personality questions followed by numerical and personality test.

Interview Questions
    • Chemistry cross check question but it was fairly simple   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I interviewed online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Samsung Group in June 2010.

There are more than three interviews, one face to face, and two to three phone interview. The interview style more like Korean local style, therefore, it's good to reference to some Local interview tips.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seoul (South Korea)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Group in October 2008.

Mostly ask about school work. Gave a short presentation on the research. Interviewers did not ask too many questions. Most of technical questions were very easy. Interviewers did not seem to understand technical details.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bangalore (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Group in November 2011.

Firstly written round of 50 questions to attempt in 1 hr. The written test was very easy the questions were related to C programming language, operating system and number system and endianess.

The interviewer asked some questions about C and C++. Ask me to write some code for reversing linked list and one more question about queues. Then questions about the work done in previous company..
    duration: 30 mins

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation, they just ask for expected salary on paper.

Engineering Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Group in January 2010.

total of 4 rounds:
    1.aptitude test
    2.technical test(C,C++,Data structures,etc)
    3.technical interview
    4.HR interview

Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group in April 2010.

After having mid-term type tests (written test), meeting with ppl from the company with answer sheet.
    It was like oral qualifying exam in graduate schools.

Interview Questions

Worked for Samsung Group? Contribute to the Community!