Samsung Group Intern Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Samsung Group.

Interview

The interview process was great. The team members who interviewed me where all engaged in the interview and asked interesting questions. They followed up after the interview personally even though someone else got the job. That was a nice gesture.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Group

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group.

Interview

it is nice. It was great interview. most of it was behavioral question which was straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Two rounds phone interview and a programming task. Also, an online webinar session about on-going research at school and how Samsung will be benefited from it. Phone interviews look for indepth knowledge about Android and programming task is a multi approach problem. The best practices need to be used.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview was about Android internals, OS questions, true or false, point out best practice etc. Task related to Java implementation of Binder transfer protocol for large files.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

First you need to summit paper work

second you take a general test (SSAT)

Third you will be interviewed

You need to pass all these to get internship opportunity at samsung

Interview Questions

• Test is not based on your major.

It is more like IQ tests.

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for internship.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group (Seoul (South Korea)).

Interview

Overall, it was a good interview process. First, there was the Samsung Aptitude Test. The HR interview involved questions to check personal information,communication skills and career goals. Questions asked in the technical interview were interesting, such as asking about projects I was involved in.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Patiala (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group (Patiala (India)) in September 2013.

Interview

1. Technical test(20 Questions) C,C++, mainly pointers
    2.GSAT(Global samsung Aptitude Test) 50 questions in 1 hr, cutoff around 36..
    3. 1 technical interview-basics of all the topics of Algorithms, C,C++,Networking, DBMS,etc.
    4.HR interview-Basically check your intent (do u want to join samsung), and your communications skill, and asks about your project.

Interview Questions

• Revise all topics studied in your whole CS. not very deep, but expects clarity of concept.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milan (Italy)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Samsung Group (Milan (Italy)) in May 2013.

Interview

there are two interviews: the first one with the HR manager and the second one with the manager, in my case she was the trade marketing manager. She wrote messages on whatsapp all the time! very unprofessional!

Intern Interview

Application

interviewed at Samsung Group in May 2013.

Interview

Walk ins , first we had an aptitude test , then technical interview , then hr interview

Interview Questions

• Int i =0;
      i = i+++i+++i++;

give the output when we print i in c , c++ and java , will the answers be different in each case , why or why not ?

2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Giheung (South Korea)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group (Giheung (South Korea)) in December 2012.

Interview

Samsung Electronics Device Solutions; for international students in South Korea.
    First step was to fill out an application form (including a cover letter where they already tell you about what you should write, i.e. relationship, pros and cons, etc.) and make a 3 min video answering 3 questions:
    - Why did you choose to come to Korea?
    - What do you like the most in Korea?
    - Why did you apply for the Samsung Electronics Internship Program?
    Next step was an interview at Samsung. All the applicants were divided into 2 days and then one after the other had the interview. There were also 2 teams interviewing. Before you enter the room they watched your video and then you sat in front of 4 people. It looked like a examination but I felt comfortable in there.
    After that you receive an email whether you are accepted or not.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years? - Answer. - Okay. And where do you see yourself in 30 years?
      Some specific questions about my field (Industrial Engineering) "Can you explain the Taguchi Method?"
      And the most important question "Can you imagine working for Samsung after you graduate?" - Definitely, yes!

Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group (Seoul (South Korea)) in October 2012.

Interview

You need to go to their website and fill out a application form. You hear back within 2 weeks, and you will be able to travel to your interview. I was applying to be an intern, so I needed to take a writing test and have group and individual interview. Afterward, they would tell you more about the summer program.