Samsung Group

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.8

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group.

Quick process. Interviewed Friday and received the following week. HR agency was terrible getting back to me about my background check. My advice is persistent beats resistance. Follow up and wish for the best.

There was none

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group.

I was contacted by a recruiter based in NJ. She asked very basic questions and asked when would I be available to meet w/ 3VPs and 1EVP. I went to the interview and meet with hiring manager, 1 VP, and a lady that is currently in the position. The interview went smoothly and very basic questions were asked, however there was a little disconnect. At the very end of the interview the hiring manager asked me about my last name. I was completely caught off guard. My last question I asked them was what to expect in the next step of the process. The hiring manager said that due to 3 other parties not attending that this process would be very tedious. He said within the next 3 weeks they would be contacting the next round. And shortly after they would narrow it down to 1 person. I reached out to the local office and recruiting manager and no one reached back out to me.

Interview Questions
    • With there being so many admin assistant positions why did you apply to Samsung?   Answer Question

Junior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung Group.

This position is about mobile development, and the first interview is assigned on the next day I received HR's call, so I have not too much time to prepare for this interview, and then the second day, they give a call and totally about technical questions of java and android, easy questions like what is static in java, but also hard questions like different situations on exception handling, but if you have study algorithm very well, this won't be too difficult, I assume it as average difficulty in large companies. Questions on android is not widely applicable for all candidates, but these questions will be based on your projects, and will be difficult to analyse, and the phone interview last about 1 hour, even with codes you need to write on google share doc. So, it seems no very easy to deal with.

Interview Questions
    • How sharedpreference works on android?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group.

At first they ask to give a written test. which is based on aptitude test and coding skills. and number distribution is 50-50. after passing the written examination, they ask to attend the technical viva, which is pretty much based on string related problems, oop concepts etc.Last part is slotted for an HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which your work was criticized.   Answer Question

Android Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Samsung Group in September 2014.

I was referred by my friend and contacted by HR at the same day. I was interviewed by a hiring manager. The interview was supposed to start at 12:00PM, but the hiring manager called me after 12:30PM. After talking with me about my background for 3 minutes, the interview finished. And I never got any feedbacks from HR even I sent emails for him.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Samsung Group.

Contacted by recruiter, phone interview and then later called in for on site interview. Basic questions of past experiences and asked about my understanding of the job. The employers seemed to pretty straight forward

Interview Questions
    • Based on my schooling, why is samsung group appealing to you   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in May 2014.

I was taking a phone interview for internship. Asked questions about projects experiences in resume. One question is what is the most successful project you did and what is the most unsuccessful one? and some other questions like why choosing Samsung and Java languages.

Interview Questions
    • Ask me details of what project I think is most unsuccessful.   Answer Question

Field Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group in April 2014.

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter who stated that I would be contacted for a phone interview. That never happened and only after three emails did I embarrass the recruiter enough to get a response after suggesting that the posiiton was filled. If the recruiter was an example of the company culture, I would never work for Samsung and consider myself fortunate for not getting more involved. What a dissapointing JOKE!

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Group.

Applied in the college career fair, it took several weeks to get back to me. There are 2 rounds of phone interview, and coming after that is 1 onsite interview. It's located in south bay area. The interviews are not so difficult. One need to be very familiar with what's listed on the resume. Moreover, some basic programming questions and knowledge questions are also asked. The onsite process is long, so have a good sleep before it comes!

Senior Engineer Interview

During Ph.D, they supported the candidates with obligations.