Samsung Group Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group.

At first they ask to give a written test. which is based on aptitude test and coding skills. and number distribution is 50-50. after passing the written examination, they ask to attend the technical viva, which is pretty much based on string related problems, oop concepts etc.Last part is slotted for an HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which your work was criticized.   Answer Question

Android Software Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Samsung Group in September 2014.

I was referred by my friend and contacted by HR at the same day. I was interviewed by a hiring manager. The interview was supposed to start at 12:00PM, but the hiring manager called me after 12:30PM. After talking with me about my background for 3 minutes, the interview finished. And I never got any feedbacks from HR even I sent emails for him.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Samsung Group.

Contacted by recruiter, phone interview and then later called in for on site interview. Basic questions of past experiences and asked about my understanding of the job. The employers seemed to pretty straight forward

Interview Questions
    • Based on my schooling, why is samsung group appealing to you   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in May 2014.

I was taking a phone interview for internship. Asked questions about projects experiences in resume. One question is what is the most successful project you did and what is the most unsuccessful one? and some other questions like why choosing Samsung and Java languages.

Interview Questions
    • Ask me details of what project I think is most unsuccessful.   Answer Question

Field Sales Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group in April 2014.

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter who stated that I would be contacted for a phone interview. That never happened and only after three emails did I embarrass the recruiter enough to get a response after suggesting that the posiiton was filled. If the recruiter was an example of the company culture, I would never work for Samsung and consider myself fortunate for not getting more involved. What a dissapointing JOKE!

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Group.

Applied in the college career fair, it took several weeks to get back to me. There are 2 rounds of phone interview, and coming after that is 1 onsite interview. It's located in south bay area. The interviews are not so difficult. One need to be very familiar with what's listed on the resume. Moreover, some basic programming questions and knowledge questions are also asked. The onsite process is long, so have a good sleep before it comes!

Senior Engineer Interview

During Ph.D, they supported the candidates with obligations.

Associate (Post MBA) At Strategy Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in November 2013.

I was interviewed on campus during the second year of my MBA program for the Associate position at the Strategy group in Seoul, South Korea. The first round was straightforward and focused mostly on fit. I was asked Why Samsung? Why this particular group, where I want to be after 2 years in the program (which Samsung group, why). The fit also focused on Korean culture, so applicants should read up on business culture in Korea, how it is different from the US, Europe and what kind of difficulties one might expect to encounter in settling down there. The second round consisted of a presentation and a case. Both were rather easy and consisted of very broad topics - again, in my opinion the succesfull applicants were mostly selected on fit and their interest in Korea.

Interview Questions
    • How is Korean business culture different from the US, Europe?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Company's annual undergrad recruiting process (Resume/CV -> 1st R interview -> 2nd R interview)

Human Resources Manager Interview

why samsung, careeer history, why did you leave your last job...