Samsung Group

Updated Nov 17, 2014
Updated Nov 17, 2014

2.8

Human Resources Manager Interview

why samsung, careeer history, why did you leave your last job...

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group.

it is nice. It was great interview. most of it was behavioral question which was straight forward.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in May 2013.

First you need to summit paper work

second you take a general test (SSAT)

Third you will be interviewed

You need to pass all these to get internship opportunity at samsung

Interview Questions
    • Test is not based on your major.

It is more like IQ tests.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation for internship.

Field Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Samsung Group.

After reviewing my resume, they invited me to Chicago where they temporally prepared interview site for a students who studied in USA. I met 4 executives simultaneously. They first asked several technical questions about my major and research and then they asked behavior questions.

Staff Physical Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in December 2012.

The director of GPU had my resume through their staffing and had an hour of telephonic interview - mainly going over my resume and finding my strength and weakness. He also gave a broad level goal/objective of his team. I was invited for onsite. I was really impressed by the depth and breadth of the team and one of the most technically brilliant set of people I have ever met in my interviews. The interviews were extremely technical and most of the time it was two-way discussions. Also the demeanor of the Director was very modest and most of the interviewing guys spoke very highly of him. In a nutshell, my experience was very satisfying.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Design of a Power Grid based on EM/IR spec from scratch -   Answer Question

personal family reasons

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Samsung Group in December 2012.

Phone interview + Skype Interview. Phone Interview by two persons with an accent. Interview was on Amazon cloud Architecture (included in JD), PHP OOPS, REST API, Database fundamentals, MVC programming.

Global Production Technology Intern (?) In Korea Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in November 2012.

Not sure about the title yet to be honest ... but I was interviewed for that center. Interview was first a screening process through the University and then an over video interview with employees in Seoul. I had to prepare a 10 slide powerpoint about my research/leadership experiences and include a few slides about my career goals. The interview itself felt relatively easy, albeit most interviews feel simple. I think the format they had allowed me to showcase myself a lot more than in other companies

Interview Questions
    Currently going through that since i got the offer two days ago. I don't plan to negotiate much other than ask, if possible, to live in Itaewon since a lot of my Korean friends live in the area and have suggested that I go there. I might also ask them about the Korea classes and if they have any language certication courses that I can start taking online. Pretty excited :D

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in October 2012.

I was connected by a friend for an interview for the San Diego branch. The HR manager called me and we did a phone interview and he scheduled for an official interview. He was very polite and informative. I did have a couple friends who used to work there but quit say that the head manager is very difficult to work with but I disregarded those rumors. The interview was divided by an English speaking part and Korean speaking part.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer an American boss or a korean boss?   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Group in June 2012.

very long process little to no follow up

Interview Questions
    • questions were in regard to more personal than professional work   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Group in March 2012.

I went in for multiple interviews. Each time, the recruiter was late coming to get me from lobby. The questions from the interview panel were canned and awkward. Everything seemed disjointed, which should have been a red flag for what it was going to be like. Also, they tried to be as open as possible about the environment.

Interview Questions
    There was very little negotiation. The offer was fair.