Samsung Group

Updated Jan 12, 2015

2.8

Global Production Technology Intern (?) In Korea Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in November 2012.

Not sure about the title yet to be honest ... but I was interviewed for that center. Interview was first a screening process through the University and then an over video interview with employees in Seoul. I had to prepare a 10 slide powerpoint about my research/leadership experiences and include a few slides about my career goals. The interview itself felt relatively easy, albeit most interviews feel simple. I think the format they had allowed me to showcase myself a lot more than in other companies

Interview Questions
    Currently going through that since i got the offer two days ago. I don't plan to negotiate much other than ask, if possible, to live in Itaewon since a lot of my Korean friends live in the area and have suggested that I go there. I might also ask them about the Korea classes and if they have any language certication courses that I can start taking online. Pretty excited :D

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in October 2012.

I was connected by a friend for an interview for the San Diego branch. The HR manager called me and we did a phone interview and he scheduled for an official interview. He was very polite and informative. I did have a couple friends who used to work there but quit say that the head manager is very difficult to work with but I disregarded those rumors. The interview was divided by an English speaking part and Korean speaking part.

Interview Questions
    • Do you prefer an American boss or a korean boss?   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Group in June 2012.

very long process little to no follow up

Interview Questions
    • questions were in regard to more personal than professional work   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Samsung Group in March 2012.

I went in for multiple interviews. Each time, the recruiter was late coming to get me from lobby. The questions from the interview panel were canned and awkward. Everything seemed disjointed, which should have been a red flag for what it was going to be like. Also, they tried to be as open as possible about the environment.

Interview Questions
    There was very little negotiation. The offer was fair.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group in February 2012.

the interview process is straight forward with great experience. like those simple environment when you are nervous about interviews. i would definitely do it again if anyone provides me opportunities.

Global Strategy Group Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in January 2012.

Samsung is really looking for fit when it hires overseas. The interviews are focused on two rounds:
    The first is a pure fit interview with at least one Korean HR representative and one member of the GSG. Questions include 'why Samsung', 'why Korea', 'which businesses would you be most interested in'. They really want to make sure you understand the Samsung and broader Korean culture.
    The second is a case interview that is really quite simple compared with consulting case interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about how you succeeded in a culture that was completely different from you own.   Answer Question

Technical Engineer Intern, Cloud Computing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in January 2012.

The interview was for Internship position as a cloud engineer. The phone interview lasted for 35 minutes and it was about my skills and my qualifications. The interviewer asked about my experience in C++ and Java. He also asked about my projects in graduate and undergraduate.

Interview Questions
    • Why is C++ better for a programmer than Java. Explain one scenario where you will prefer C++ over java   View Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Samsung Group in November 2011.

after submit the resume on-line, an email is sent to invite you to an on-site interview directly, no telephone interview

then their decision is given in like a month. details of the internship will be given a month before the the internship begins

Interview Questions
    • what do you think of the Korea culture   View Answer

Global Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in October 2011.

The review process consists of several things including: a case interview, a personal interview and a presentation. the presentation topic is given a few days before.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I want to live in S. Korea?
      How should Samsung's construction business operate in the future?

Answer Question

Did not want to live in Korea. Heard the long term prospectives were not good.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Samsung Group in July 2011.

Very effecient.