Samsung Group

198 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Global Strategist Interview

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – The review process consists of several things including: a case interview, a personal interview and a presentation. the presentation topic is given a few days before.

Interview Question – Why did I want to live in S. Korea?
How should Samsung's construction business operate in the future?
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Did not want to live in Korea. Heard the long term prospectives were not good.

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
San Antonio, TX

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung Group in February 2008.

Interview Details – interview was good

Interview Question – what is your experience   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – good

Technical Engineer Intern, Cloud Computing Interview

San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was for Internship position as a cloud engineer. The phone interview lasted for 35 minutes and it was about my skills and my qualifications. The interviewer asked about my experience in C++ and Java. He also asked about my projects in graduate and undergraduate.

Interview Question – Why is C++ better for a programmer than Java. Explain one scenario where you will prefer C++ over java   View Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview then onsite. Facility was very nice people were very intelligent and nice. In terms of work load they had mention people get there at 7 and don't leave till 5 or 6 so working a 9+ hour day, didn't sound too attractive.
Over all it was good to go to TX and see what a Korean company is like in the US.

Interview Questions

Administrative Assistant Interview

Richardson, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – Interview lasted 30 minutes. Was conversational in nature...the interviewee was asked to speak to his/her skills much of the time. Be prepared to speak clearly and quickly regarding the position and how your experience can help the achieve objectives. Very nice facilities.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected interview questions asked. All should be considered standard.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Engineering Interview

Richardson, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Group in November 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was good. People were very nice during the interview. They don’t like being asked … only talk to them if they ask you a question. Oh yea, can they ask my age or what my family does? Because they asked me both…and they told me that I was old. Overall, the interview was fine.

Interview Questions

Static Timing Analyzer Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Samsung Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – They take the phone interview first. For me they took two rounds of phone interview. Called for onsite interview but could not give me the interview decision for a long time. I am still waiting for last couple of months. I didn't see anything like that. They also doesn't seem to know what other Samsung side is doing.

Interview Question – My current job description.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – For the 1st onsite interview, I need to finish a written C-Test. It took about 90 minutes. Then, 2 senior engineers asked me some technical questions (C++, Java), and some algorithm questions.
For the 2nd onsite interview, I talked to 1 Director of RD and then a senior engineer. Same thing, C++/Java/Linked-list questions.
For the 3rd interview, I talked to their VP of RD. Some C++/Java/Algorithm questions, even let me answer 2 questions at home(since I don't know the answer during the interview).
But, it turned out, they still not giving me an offer.

Interview Question – reverse a single linked-list.   Answer Question

Product Planning Manager Interview

Dallas, TX

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone screening interview with the HR person. She was very nice and asked specific questions about my background, experience, and what I was looking for in a position. She answered my questions to the best of her ability. Second round was with the hiring manager. He seemed to have a preconceived notion of what the exact background the candidate should have. It was clear he didn't like my background and in this economy employers can be quite selective. His biases in his questions and comments made it glaringly obvious that the interview was not going well. He was quite dismissive of my mba experience based on his exec mba experience. I got the distinct impression that with STA experience more than education matters. It was clear it would not be a good fit. Furthermore, the HR person implied the pay was considerably lower than the norm for the position due to cost of living differences.

Interview Question – Questions were more about previous experience (ex. tell me about a time you analyzed a large amount of data, examples of strengths, etc.). Not a single case based or hypothetical question in my interview, but that may be due to the hiring manager (i.e. it's not very structured beyond the HR screening).   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by 3 different people. HR, Hiring Manager & Manager of Hiring Manager.
Very detailed process. The interviews went really well. The work culture is very tough. They never followed up despite several emails & phone calls.

Interview Question – Why Samsung   Answer Question