Samsung Group

2.8

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in May 2011.

Phone interview then onsite. Facility was very nice people were very intelligent and nice. In terms of work load they had mention people get there at 7 and don't leave till 5 or 6 so working a 9+ hour day, didn't sound too attractive.
    Over all it was good to go to TX and see what a Korean company is like in the US.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in January 2011.

Interview lasted 30 minutes. Was conversational in nature...the interviewee was asked to speak to his/her skills much of the time. Be prepared to speak clearly and quickly regarding the position and how your experience can help the achieve objectives. Very nice facilities.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or unexpected interview questions asked. All should be considered standard.   View Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in November 2010.

The interview was good. People were very nice during the interview. They don’t like being asked … only talk to them if they ask you a question. Oh yea, can they ask my age or what my family does? Because they asked me both…and they told me that I was old. Overall, the interview was fine.

Static Timing Analyzer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Samsung Group in October 2010.

They take the phone interview first. For me they took two rounds of phone interview. Called for onsite interview but could not give me the interview decision for a long time. I am still waiting for last couple of months. I didn't see anything like that. They also doesn't seem to know what other Samsung side is doing.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in June 2010.

For the 1st onsite interview, I need to finish a written C-Test. It took about 90 minutes. Then, 2 senior engineers asked me some technical questions (C++, Java), and some algorithm questions.
    For the 2nd onsite interview, I talked to 1 Director of RD and then a senior engineer. Same thing, C++/Java/Linked-list questions.
    For the 3rd interview, I talked to their VP of RD. Some C++/Java/Algorithm questions, even let me answer 2 questions at home(since I don't know the answer during the interview).
    But, it turned out, they still not giving me an offer.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in May 2010.

Interviewed by 3 different people. HR, Hiring Manager & Manager of Hiring Manager.
    Very detailed process. The interviews went really well. The work culture is very tough. They never followed up despite several emails & phone calls.

Product Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in April 2010.

Initial phone screening interview with the HR person. She was very nice and asked specific questions about my background, experience, and what I was looking for in a position. She answered my questions to the best of her ability. Second round was with the hiring manager. He seemed to have a preconceived notion of what the exact background the candidate should have. It was clear he didn't like my background and in this economy employers can be quite selective. His biases in his questions and comments made it glaringly obvious that the interview was not going well. He was quite dismissive of my mba experience based on his exec mba experience. I got the distinct impression that with STA experience more than education matters. It was clear it would not be a good fit. Furthermore, the HR person implied the pay was considerably lower than the norm for the position due to cost of living differences.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were more about previous experience (ex. tell me about a time you analyzed a large amount of data, examples of strengths, etc.). Not a single case based or hypothetical question in my interview, but that may be due to the hiring manager (i.e. it's not very structured beyond the HR screening).   Answer Question

Business Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Samsung Group in March 2010.

Very well organized interview process.An initial shortlisting was followed by an oncampus interview and a final round of onsite visit.The onsite visit had several managers with possible internship openings and were judging the suitability of my candidature.The questions were mostly from my past experiences with a few scenario based ones.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Samsung Group in March 2010.

the interviewers vary. sometimes they are foreign employees and sometimes they are koreans. questions that are asked are typical boilerplate types of questions. pay packages are very standard as well. there is an attempt in the interview process to make it consulting like. one thing is that candidates of korean descent are not accepted.

Process Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in February 2009.

Submitted my resume through University job fair and got a call a few days later regarding an onsite interview. I guess the reason is I was at the same city of the company. Went there and interview with 10-15 other candidates. I was asked to stay for more questions. I thought this is a good sign then I got the toughest question ever. I guess I handled it very well because within a week, they offered me a position. Not the one I applied for though. They wanted me to join a research group instead being an engineer in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Your background does not fit this job description. Do you think you are wasting your time here?   View Answers (2)

At the time, I wanna pursue a high degree so I turned down their offer.