Samsung Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 30, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Group (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

First you need to summit paper work second you take a general test (SSAT) Third you will be interviewed You need to pass all these to get internship opportunity at samsung

Interview Questions

• Test is not based on your major. It is more like IQ tests.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation for internship.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Samsung Group.

Interview

After reviewing my resume, they invited me to Chicago where they temporally prepared interview site for a students who studied in USA. I met 4 executives simultaneously. They first asked several technical questions about my major and research and then they asked behavior questions.

Staff Physical Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Group (Austin, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

The director of GPU had my resume through their staffing and had an hour of telephonic interview - mainly going over my resume and finding my strength and weakness. He also gave a broad level goal/objective of his team. I was invited for onsite. I was really impressed by the depth and breadth of the team and one of the most technically brilliant set of people I have ever met in my interviews. The interviews were extremely technical and most of the time it was two-way discussions. Also the demeanor of the Director was very modest and most of the interviewing guys spoke very highly of him. In a nutshell, my experience was very satisfying.

Interview Questions

• 1. Design of a Power Grid based on EM/IR spec from scratch -   Answer Question

personal family reasons

PHP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Samsung Group (Dallas, TX) in December 2012.

Interview

Phone interview + Skype Interview. Phone Interview by two persons with an accent. Interview was on Amazon cloud Architecture (included in JD), PHP OOPS, REST API, Database fundamentals, MVC programming.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Group (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Not sure about the title yet to be honest ... but I was interviewed for that center. Interview was first a screening process through the University and then an over video interview with employees in Seoul. I had to prepare a 10 slide powerpoint about my research/leadership experiences and include a few slides about my career goals. The interview itself felt relatively easy, albeit most interviews feel simple. I think the format they had allowed me to showcase myself a lot more than in other companies

Interview Questions

• Have you seen the Gangnam Style video?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about your experiences   1 Answer

Negotiation

Currently going through that since i got the offer two days ago. I don't plan to negotiate much other than ask, if possible, to live in Itaewon since a lot of my Korean friends live in the area and have suggested that I go there. I might also ask them about the Korea classes and if they have any language certication courses that I can start taking online. Pretty excited :D

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Group (San Jose, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview with the recruiter over the phone. Interview with the account manager over the phone. After that three onsite interviews with the hiring manager, supervisor and a group interview. After that professional reference check and a background check that takes about another week or so. Interviewed for one position in all interviews, when recruiter called with the offer it was for the same group and for entirely different job.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress in a challenging work environment   Answer Question

Logistics Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Group (San Diego, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I was connected by a friend for an interview for the San Diego branch. The HR manager called me and we did a phone interview and he scheduled for an official interview. He was very polite and informative. I did have a couple friends who used to work there but quit say that the head manager is very difficult to work with but I disregarded those rumors. The interview was divided by an English speaking part and Korean speaking part.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer an American boss or a korean boss?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Group (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

very long process little to no follow up

Interview Questions

• questions were in regard to more personal than professional work   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Group in March 2012.

Interview

I went in for multiple interviews. Each time, the recruiter was late coming to get me from lobby. The questions from the interview panel were canned and awkward. Everything seemed disjointed, which should have been a red flag for what it was going to be like. Also, they tried to be as open as possible about the environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was very little negotiation. The offer was fair.

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung Group (New York, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

the interview process is straight forward with great experience. like those simple environment when you are nervous about interviews. i would definitely do it again if anyone provides me opportunities.