Samsung Group

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lead Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Group in May 2011.

Interview Details – I got the call from one of the recruiting agencies. SEL noida comes to one of the SISO offices for the interview process. They will come on a weekend. The interview process has the following stages.

1. At least 2 one on one technical interviews. If the interviewer likes the candidate and the interviewers are not suited for the testing of the candidate, one more round will be there (telephonic or in person)
2. One HR round. Mostly it will be a formality. If you come to this round, you are mostly assured of the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The most important point to remember is that your remuneration negotiation will depend on your interview and your present salary. If you did well, you can get a good offer. Otherwise you have to satisfy with whatever they give.

Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Group in October 2011.

Interview Details – Called by the recruiter. Initial screening through telephonic Interview. Consists of usual Java Questions couple of questions on threads, data structures etc. Followed by a face to face onsite interview at Bangalore. Group of panel interviewed followed by a HR interview. I can rate the difficulty of technical interview as average.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Negotiable.

Lead Engineer

Interview Details – There were three rounds of Interviews. Two are technical and after that HR interview held with discussion of all the details.HR told you are selected for this position and will be sending the offer letter within a week. After then no response. HR is totally a fool who does not know for which position they are recruiting and what is going on.He does not seem to be professional behaving like illiterate person.They cant afford the candidate but they will simply call for interview. Total waste of time and energy.

Interview Question – White box testing definition and testcases.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Group in March 2010.

Interview Details – Most people had to take a written test, but I was not asked to take one. The interview consisted of one technical round with the DGM. It was more of a general discussion about the type of work I have been doing and what I would be interested in. There were a few questions related to multiple inheritance and singleton Design Pattern. Based on that, I was through.

Lead Engineer

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Samsung Group in March 2011.

Interview Details – The questions were about basics of CS like C, DS, OS, Microprocessors and also details about previous work experience. I was asked to write around 4 -5 programs in C and then trace them and also handle all the exceptions. There was a puzzle also asked in the end.

Interview Question – Write a program to remove a particular word from a string and output the final string. Mention prototype , and handle exceptions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Tried negotiating but wasn't accepted. I too did not pursue as the jump was decent. But do try.

Worked for Samsung Group? Contribute to the Community!