Samsung Group

Getting the Interview

8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Seattle, WA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by 3 different people. HR, Hiring Manager & Manager of Hiring Manager.
Very detailed process. The interviews went really well. The work culture is very tough. They never followed up despite several emails & phone calls.

Interview Question – Why Samsung   Answer Question

Seoul (South Korea)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – It`s normal,

Interview Question – Just think one thing and tell them the solution what you think about the company should do for success.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Sydney (Australia)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group in July 2010.

Interview Details – Rigid and machine like by a Korean who could barely speak English...he spoke Korenglish

Interview Question – Asked a question where I did not understand one word. I asked him to rephrase the question and he could not and would not.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – painful...felt like i was being screwed down below the advertised salary

Marketing Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – Email from Marketing boss/ interview with 5 people

Interview Question – Interview with HR was more formal than others   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was almost no negotiation on their side.

Sydney (Australia)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group in July 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter first, then HR, then line Manager. Presentation was required. Process was very quick and efficient. Samsung moves quickly through things. Presentation was taken seriously so invest adequate time here. Line Manager is key but HR still influential and are the gate keeper. HR more interested in motivations and examples of results.

Interview Question – How would you launch and position a new Samsung tablet.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible on package.

Marketing Manager
São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group in August 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewing process was very fast, and from first contact to the formal proposal it took lass than 3 weeks. HR people are very nice and professional. However, despite the company's job structure is very similar across the different BUs, HR personnel had a minimum understanding of the job roles and responsibilities.

Interview Question – I was asked to prepare a powerpoint presentation with my proposal of a marketing plan for the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – First, a HR person called me with the job offering. After I accepted the conditions, they sent me an e-mail formalizing the offering.

Marketing Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group in January 2010.

Interview Details – One to one interview. Drilling on market knowledge, basic n good communication n thought process skills. strong foundation a must !!

Interview Question – What do u see urself in 5 yrs in Samsung ?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Group in September 2007.

Interview Details – - 1:1 interview with marketing director
- Group interview with future colleagues
- Final interview with Vice president

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – - Not much negotiation was available

Interviews for Top Jobs at Samsung Group

Worked for Samsung Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Samsung Group Marketing Manager interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Samsung Group employees and interview candidates.