Samsung Group Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2015

3.2

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Group (Memphis, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

July 2015 Contacted via (Step 1) recruiter, (Step 2) Interviewed with a peer-District Manager, (Step 3) Interviewed with the actual District Manager that would be my boss, (Step 4) Interviewed with Human Resources Manager, total 4 and a half weeks, (Step 5) didn't receive a call from the Sales Director, which would have been my final interview. Samsung culture and interview process is behavioral based, laced with plenty of "Tell me about a time" questions. Questions are best answered in STAR format and are competency based. Although the entire process was pretty straight forward and organized, a few individuals(interviewers) lacked real information about the actual role other then the District Manager(s). This position is not to be confused with Samsung's Field Sales Manager positions or District Manager positions. The Market Manager or Field Market Manager positions are responsible for all Samsung Bestbuy in-store Experience programs. Your market will consist of between 7-15 locations, along with Bestbuy Mobile locations. You will have to use your own vehicle and Samsung with pay for gas mileage. The Range for this position from my understanding via recruiter was between $65,000-$70,000, come to find out it is more so between $50,000-$56,000. The Role itself along with the responsibility and salary are FAR below any industry standard I have seen. This role clearly should range between $75k-$85k and that is including a company car. I was disappointed after going through several processes just to find out that the salary was much lower then discussed in the pre-screening interview and that happen to be placed clearly on my application location in the salary desired box. The entire process lasted 1 entire month and a week, I literally had to contact the recruiter to find out towards the end, if I still was being considered for the opportunity. The job was reposted today Sept 4,2015

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you will adapt to a new organization with veteran Lead Experience Consultants, that may feel they should have been offered the position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Samsung Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Group (Seattle, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 different people. HR, Hiring Manager & Manager of Hiring Manager. Very detailed process. The interviews went really well. The work culture is very tough. They never followed up despite several emails & phone calls.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Samsung Group (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2014.

Interview

It was a panel interview with three directors from Samsung Singapore. Two Singaporeans and one Korean. Was very efficient and moderate paced interview. Standard questions like why, what quality makes you stand out ect.

Interview Questions

• There is no unexpected questions .   1 Answer

I have not heard back from them.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Normal interview process

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Group in November 2012.

Interview

Email from Marketing boss/ interview with 5 people

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was almost no negotiation on their side.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Group (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in August 2012.

Interview

Interviewing process was very fast, and from first contact to the formal proposal it took lass than 3 weeks. HR people are very nice and professional. However, despite the company's job structure is very similar across the different BUs, HR personnel had a minimum understanding of the job roles and responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to prepare a powerpoint presentation with my proposal of a marketing plan for the company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

First, a HR person called me with the job offering. After I accepted the conditions, they sent me an e-mail formalizing the offering.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Group (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2012.

Interview

Recruiter first, then HR, then line Manager. Presentation was required. Process was very quick and efficient. Samsung moves quickly through things. Presentation was taken seriously so invest adequate time here. Line Manager is key but HR still influential and are the gate keeper. HR more interested in motivations and examples of results.

Interview Questions

• How would you launch and position a new Samsung tablet.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation possible on package.

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Samsung Group in December 2010.

Interview

I joined the company 4 years back and this was my experience - CV screen followed by 2 rounds of interview. 1st Interview was a telephonic interview which went on for more than 1 hr. I was asked several situation based questions. Final interview was done in person by a panel headed by a VP. He was very aggressive and was pushing hard with difficult questions like "Why should Samsung hire you?" etc.

Interview Questions

• How do you know that you can adjust yourself in South Korea?   Answer Question

Negotiation

2 months

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Group (Sydney (Australia)) in July 2010.

Interview

Rigid and machine like by a Korean who could barely speak English...he spoke Korenglish

Interview Questions

• Asked a question where I did not understand one word. I asked him to rephrase the question and he could not and would not.   Answer Question

Negotiation

painful...felt like i was being screwed down below the advertised salary

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Samsung Group in January 2010.

Interview

One to one interview. Drilling on market knowledge, basic n good communication n thought process skills. strong foundation a must !!