Samsung Group

Getting the Interview

1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Process Development Engineer Interview

Suwŏn, Kyonggi (South Korea)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Samsung Group in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied for an engineer position in March, 2010 through Samsung’s website. Their HR team contacted to me after approximately two weeks by e-mail and notified me that they want to interview me during the Samsung’s job fair in my home city. The interview took place almost two months later and they asked me just basic questions about my education, past job experience and some technical questions. At the end of this interview, they told me that I would be notified about results later. Again, after about two weeks, their HR team called me and asked to prepare some short presentation (for 10-15min) and assigned the date of next interview with technical specialists. My second interview was approximately 30min long including my presentation for 15min. After my formal presentation, they asked me about ten questions mostly related to my past projects. The interview was not very difficult. At the end, they asked me if I am interested in a one year contract as a Process Engineer in South Korea. I confirmed my interest and they invite me for two days trip to South Korea for my final interview. I prepared my extended presentation and brought it on the interview. The interview took about one hour and I was asked maybe twenty questions after that. Not all of them were technical questions. They also asked me what I know about South Korea, I am going to come with my family or alone, what I am interested in. Next day, they made a job offer to me (one year contract).

Interview Question – Are you ready to study Korean language?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiations at all. The salary is fixed but they offer a lot of additional bonuses.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Samsung Group

Worked for Samsung Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Samsung Group Process Development Engineer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Samsung Group employees and interview candidates.