Samsung Group

Samsung Group Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Global Production Technology Intern (?) In Korea Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in November 2012.

Not sure about the title yet to be honest ... but I was interviewed for that center. Interview was first a screening process through the University and then an over video interview with employees in Seoul. I had to prepare a 10 slide powerpoint about my research/leadership experiences and include a few slides about my career goals. The interview itself felt relatively easy, albeit most interviews feel simple. I think the format they had allowed me to showcase myself a lot more than in other companies

Interview Questions
    Currently going through that since i got the offer two days ago. I don't plan to negotiate much other than ask, if possible, to live in Itaewon since a lot of my Korean friends live in the area and have suggested that I go there. I might also ask them about the Korea classes and if they have any language certication courses that I can start taking online. Pretty excited :D

Technical Engineer Intern, Cloud Computing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Samsung Group in January 2012.

The interview was for Internship position as a cloud engineer. The phone interview lasted for 35 minutes and it was about my skills and my qualifications. The interviewer asked about my experience in C++ and Java. He also asked about my projects in graduate and undergraduate.

Interview Questions
    • Why is C++ better for a programmer than Java. Explain one scenario where you will prefer C++ over java   View Answer

Static Timing Analyzer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Samsung Group in October 2010.

They take the phone interview first. For me they took two rounds of phone interview. Called for onsite interview but could not give me the interview decision for a long time. I am still waiting for last couple of months. I didn't see anything like that. They also doesn't seem to know what other Samsung side is doing.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group in June 2010.

For the 1st onsite interview, I need to finish a written C-Test. It took about 90 minutes. Then, 2 senior engineers asked me some technical questions (C++, Java), and some algorithm questions.
    For the 2nd onsite interview, I talked to 1 Director of RD and then a senior engineer. Same thing, C++/Java/Linked-list questions.
    For the 3rd interview, I talked to their VP of RD. Some C++/Java/Algorithm questions, even let me answer 2 questions at home(since I don't know the answer during the interview).
    But, it turned out, they still not giving me an offer.