Samsung Group Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Jun 8, 2015

Global Production Technology Intern (?) In Korea Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group (San Jose, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Not sure about the title yet to be honest ... but I was interviewed for that center. Interview was first a screening process through the University and then an over video interview with employees in Seoul. I had to prepare a 10 slide powerpoint about my research/leadership experiences and include a few slides about my career goals. The interview itself felt relatively easy, albeit most interviews feel simple. I think the format they had allowed me to showcase myself a lot more than in other companies

Interview Questions

• Have you seen the Gangnam Style video?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about your experiences   1 Answer

Negotiation

Currently going through that since i got the offer two days ago. I don't plan to negotiate much other than ask, if possible, to live in Itaewon since a lot of my Korean friends live in the area and have suggested that I go there. I might also ask them about the Korea classes and if they have any language certication courses that I can start taking online. Pretty excited :D

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group (San Jose, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Interview with the recruiter over the phone. Interview with the account manager over the phone. After that three onsite interviews with the hiring manager, supervisor and a group interview. After that professional reference check and a background check that takes about another week or so. Interviewed for one position in all interviews, when recruiter called with the offer it was for the same group and for entirely different job.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress in a challenging work environment   Answer Question

Technical Engineer Intern, Cloud Computing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Samsung Group (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview was for Internship position as a cloud engineer. The phone interview lasted for 35 minutes and it was about my skills and my qualifications. The interviewer asked about my experience in C++ and Java. He also asked about my projects in graduate and undergraduate.

Interview Questions

• Why is C++ better for a programmer than Java. Explain one scenario where you will prefer C++ over java   1 Answer

Static Timing Analyzer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Samsung Group (San Jose, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

They take the phone interview first. For me they took two rounds of phone interview. Called for onsite interview but could not give me the interview decision for a long time. I am still waiting for last couple of months. I didn't see anything like that. They also doesn't seem to know what other Samsung side is doing.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Samsung Group (San Jose, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

For the 1st onsite interview, I need to finish a written C-Test. It took about 90 minutes. Then, 2 senior engineers asked me some technical questions (C++, Java), and some algorithm questions. For the 2nd onsite interview, I talked to 1 Director of RD and then a senior engineer. Same thing, C++/Java/Linked-list questions. For the 3rd interview, I talked to their VP of RD. Some C++/Java/Algorithm questions, even let me answer 2 questions at home(since I don't know the answer during the interview). But, it turned out, they still not giving me an offer.