Samsung Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Global Production Technology Intern (?) In Korea Interview

Global Production Technology Intern (?) In Korea
San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group in November 2012.

Interview Details – Not sure about the title yet to be honest ... but I was interviewed for that center. Interview was first a screening process through the University and then an over video interview with employees in Seoul. I had to prepare a 10 slide powerpoint about my research/leadership experiences and include a few slides about my career goals. The interview itself felt relatively easy, albeit most interviews feel simple. I think the format they had allowed me to showcase myself a lot more than in other companies

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Currently going through that since i got the offer two days ago. I don't plan to negotiate much other than ask, if possible, to live in Itaewon since a lot of my Korean friends live in the area and have suggested that I go there. I might also ask them about the Korea classes and if they have any language certication courses that I can start taking online. Pretty excited :D

Technical Engineer Intern, Cloud Computing Interview

Technical Engineer Intern, Cloud Computing
San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Samsung Group in January 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was for Internship position as a cloud engineer. The phone interview lasted for 35 minutes and it was about my skills and my qualifications. The interviewer asked about my experience in C++ and Java. He also asked about my projects in graduate and undergraduate.

Interview Question – Why is C++ better for a programmer than Java. Explain one scenario where you will prefer C++ over java   View Answer

Static Timing Analyzer Interview

Static Timing Analyzer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Samsung Group in October 2010.

Interview Details – They take the phone interview first. For me they took two rounds of phone interview. Called for onsite interview but could not give me the interview decision for a long time. I am still waiting for last couple of months. I didn't see anything like that. They also doesn't seem to know what other Samsung side is doing.

Interview Question – My current job description.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Samsung Group in June 2010.

Interview Details – For the 1st onsite interview, I need to finish a written C-Test. It took about 90 minutes. Then, 2 senior engineers asked me some technical questions (C++, Java), and some algorithm questions.
For the 2nd onsite interview, I talked to 1 Director of RD and then a senior engineer. Same thing, C++/Java/Linked-list questions.
For the 3rd interview, I talked to their VP of RD. Some C++/Java/Algorithm questions, even let me answer 2 questions at home(since I don't know the answer during the interview).
But, it turned out, they still not giving me an offer.

Interview Question – reverse a single linked-list.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Samsung Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Samsung Group interview questions and advice in San Jose, CA. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Samsung Group employees and interview candidates.